The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
What I want to see:

Tony and Cap both sacrifice themselves to make sure Thanos dies while everyone else gets away.

Clint and Natasha retire after seeing both Cap and Tony die.

Bucky/Falcon take up the mantle of Captain America. Rhodey becomes the new Iron Man. They form the New Avengers. Spidey, Black Panther, Wanda, Ant Man, and Vision all join.

The Guardians, Dr. Strange, Thor + Hulk all head their separate ways, but promise to come back if they're needed.
Here's what you're more likely to see.

Everyone decimated

Someone gets the gauntlet

Destroys thanos

Reboots marvel universe to fix everything

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Here's what you're more likely to see.

Everyone decimated

Someone gets the gauntlet

Destroys thanos

Reboots marvel universe to fix everything

Is that not fine? I think every comic book head would be fine with that. We know what's going to happen. We just want the shyt delivered properly. The mainstream fans are in for a treat.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Is that not fine? I think every comic book head would be fine with that. We know what's going to happen. We just want the shyt delivered properly. The mainstream fans are in for a treat.
I want thanos quest proper

I want cosmic being intervention n getting powned proper

I want that dead bytch thanos kept with him.

I want thor turned to glass

I want captain America killed with a bytch slap :mjlol:

Obviously epic action but I don't believe in these guys till they make me a believer.

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
I want thanos quest proper

I want cosmic being intervention n getting powned proper

Yea you're not gonna like the movie if you're expecting shyt to go down like it did in the comics. Russo Brothers have been miracle workers with the films they've helmed but you're not gonna get a comic accurate Thanos quest AND intervention from all the cosmic beings that were involved in the last battle. At best we're probably gonna get a cameo from "The Living Tribunal" cuz they name dropped him in Dr. Strange. Bringing in The Watcher, Celestials, Eternity and all those other cats would be a cop out as far as the marvel cinematic universe is concerned as they would've come out of nowhere, unless some other entities are introduced in GOTG2 and Thor Rhagnarok.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Marvel is not replacing Iron Man any time soon. The only reason Chris Evans is replaceable as Cap is because Bucky. No way would they just make another actor Cap in the next 3 years that shyt would be jarring as fukk.
Chris Evans is good,but he's replaceable.

I could easily see someone step into that role and make it their own.

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
I know Vision gets it. he has a stone in his head. But I hope a few more people get it as well. The only thing is that marvel hasn't had a hero killed in any of these films. Are they suddenly going to kill 4 or 5. Now the easy people to slay would be Groot, Vision, and maybe Thor because we got the scene of Cap making the Hammer move just a bit. But even then Marvel is still about the kids. I can't see a major human character dying. What I would love to see Thanos wiping out the universe and a good chunk of the cast going by bye till the end of part 2 and Thanos killing people, not just them dissapearing or something like that.

Everybody always forget about the breh Quicksilver :to:

Son was putting in work with those New Balances :rip:

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
damn no silver surfer hopefully when these movies roll out n make bank, fox will give up the rights n have him in part 2. oh and i wanna see vision go ham before gettin the fade. :ohhh: wonder man is in gotg2 and will most likely join the gurardians...maybe with nova as well (makes sense since with ms marvel there space avengers) :wow:

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
damn no silver surfer hopefully when these movies roll out n make bank, fox will give up the rights n have him in part 2. oh and i wanna see vision go ham before gettin the fade. :ohhh: wonder man is in gotg2 and will most likely join the gurardians...maybe with nova as well (makes sense since with ms marvel there space avengers) :wow:

Ya'll nikkas throwing the book at this movie.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I don't think you necessarily need to replace the actors for Tony and Steve, because both of their trilogies and essential character arcs have been completed. And if Spider-Man, Black Panther, Ant Man & Wasp, and Captain Marvel all do comparable or better than Dr. Strange's box office debut, then you don't need a 4th or 5th Iron Man or Cap movie from a financial standpoint either.

That then means that instead of finding another blonde actor to play Steve (if Evans were to ever leave), simply hand it off to Bucky or Sam and give Steve a proper "send off".. b/c at this point Cap would just be showing up in ensemble cast movies and as guest-slots in other people's franchises anyway. Same with Iron Man.

Projecting a little but: assuming they're all financial successes, there'll be trilogies for SM/BP/A&W/DS/CM/GotG...and a lot of the other Avenger characters can be sprinkled into guest roles here n there. Or you could just have smaller team movies like Secret Avengers to group together all the other characters that don't have solo franchises. There's a lot of options.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just can't picture anyone else being iron man.

That is huge shoes to fill.

Arguably the best casting of anything comic related ever.

People say the same thing about most of these comic book movie roles. People used to say the exact same damn thing all the time about Batman, Spider-Man, and James Bond. Hell, people used to say that nobody could ever top Jack Nicholson version of the Joker, then Heath Ledger came along. There's almost always going to be someone to come along that can do a better job at the role. I also remember people swearing up and down that Marvel had made a huge mistake by not bringing Back Edward Norton as the Hulk and saying Mark Ruffalo would be terrible based on a bad promotional picture.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
People say the same thing about most of these comic book movie roles. People used to say the exact same damn thing all the time about Batman, Spider-Man, and James Bond. Hell, people used to say that nobody could ever top Jack Nicholson version of the Joker, then Heath Ledger came along. There's almost always going to be someone to come along that can do a better job at the role. I also remember people swearing up and down that Marvel had made a huge mistake by not bringing Back Edward Norton as the Hulk and saying Mark Ruffalo would be terrible based on a bad promotional picture.
I don't think I ever heard anyone say Tobey maguire can't be topped. A lot of people never bought into him at all from day 1.

And it's not the same. For the majority of people rdj IS iron man. They never read the comics and have never seen anything else with the character. He's synonymous with the role.

Bond has had a ton of different people,batman was popular among many different mediums.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think I ever heard anyone say Tobey maguire can't be topped

I've definitely saw people that said that and I still occasionally see people saying Maguire is STILL the best Spider-Man. Though I still see people saying Andrew Garfield can't be topped as Spider-Man.

• Dap
Reactions: flo

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maguire is still my favorite Spider-Man. Tom Holland takes a lot from him, I see a lot of similarities between their Peter Parkers. When Spider-Man 2002 came out there was a review comparing him to Christopher Reeve. He was well liked until the third movie.

Chris Evans is good,but he's replaceable.

I could easily see someone step into that role and make it their own.
:whoa:

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Maguire is still my favorite Spider-Man. Tom Holland takes a lot from him, I see a lot of similarities between their Peter Parkers. When Spider-Man 2002 came out there was a review comparing him to Christopher Reeve. He was well liked until the third movie.

:whoa:

These dudes acting like people wouldn't have an issue with a new Captain America(outside the line of succession) next Marvel movie. people would be pissed. if Infinity War 2 had another actor other than Falcon or Bucky as Cap.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Yeah they can't be walking on eggshells with their main baddie. If he doesn't kill anyone i'm gonna :camby:

I agree. They have to go all out and push the PG-13 rating to the very limit. Spending a decade watching the MCU and the ultimate villain only kills a couple of minor characters and blow up an unknown planet? Nah, there need to be long term CONSEQUENCES and harsh VIOLENCE to kick this off.