The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
They be cussing like that in American comics? Did she call dude a c*nt lol
Nah, she said "Clint", as in Clint Barton aka Hawkeye...

hawkeye-marvel-avengers-assemble-lifesize-standup.jpg
Hawkeye_2012_2.jpg

108921-190878-hawkeye.jpg
4411572-hawkeye+2.jpg

98f650d6b7f08354127ace239cc137d6.jpg

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Who died of cancer?
the original captain marvel. decades ago.

Captain_Marvel_29.jpg

220px-DeathofCaptainMarvel.jpg

(bottom is 3 separate pages added together...)

2142808-captain_marvel.jpg

Carol Danvers took the mantle and name a couple of years ago. She was originally "Miss Marvel."

2725383-1625487_ms._marvel___flying_cho_lrg_super.jpg

When Kelly Sue Deconnick, a writer (and Matt Fraction's wife) took a crack at the character, She changed her name from Miss Marvel to Captain Marvel (per Steve Rogers' suggestion, in the book).

background.jpg

cap1.jpg~original

There's a young pakistani american girl with powers who goes by "Miss Marvel" now. Her civilian name is Kamala Khan.

latest

130e1fbed375a8749e844fdc468c53a3.jpg

Last edited:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Christian Bales batman wasn't a part of the DCU

Captain America: Civil War co-director Joe Russo noted as much to Forbes, saying that it’s "almost impossible" to replace Downey, and there will need to be some distance between him and the new actor. Russo explained:I think if and when he is done with the character, I think you will find that Iron Man might disappear for a while. I think the only way that you could reboot that character is to give a generational gap that would allow another actor to at least have a chance to redefine that character without the enormous spectre of Robert hanging over it. There are so many characters in the Marvel universe that can pick up the ball and run without it through the next phase or two before you need to see Iron Man again, frankly.

This isn’t like the ‘90s when there were three different big screen Batmans (four if you count Kevin Conroy) in the span of five years. Not only are superhero movies more popular than ever, but Downey has done wonders for Iron Man over the last eight years. Anyone who takes over is going to have a difficult time measuring up, so Russo could have the right idea by having Stark go off an extended vacation/retirement so enough time passes before someone new brings their own interpretation of the character.

The show (The MCU) must go on I'm afraid. If Downey finishes his run in 2019 we'll have a new actor playing Tony Stark by 2022 :yeshrug:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
The Marvel Universe doesn't need Iron Man to make money. Hell I wanna say they already have movies that far out without Iron Man in sight.

He's an integral character to The MCU, writing him out completely (just to avoid a recast) would be sacrilegious.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Not if he dies. Eventually yeah he will be recast or rebooted. Maybe 2029. But damn sure no 2022. Marvel announced in 2014 they had plans through 2028

If they have movies planned to 2028 then obviously there's no plans to reboot anything. There's no reason to permanently kill him either, just let him retire/disappear and War Machine take over. A few years down the road, have him pop back up on some Han Solo shyt. That alone would do numbers.

The internet been saying they're gonna kill off/replace RDJ since the 2nd Ironman movie. If it was that easy they would've done it by now....instead he's being used to boost other properties, like Spider-Man.

Fred.