The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
There's no way they make the 2nd avengers film unrelated/different story.

It will be 2 films,just with different names.

Right tease up a character for 5 years, then have him be defeated in a single film just isn't happening. ESPECIALLY with the amount of characters in this film in the first place. shyt would be an absolute mess, even with a three hour run time.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
This is nothing like that. None of those films fill the same universe. And most of those films had large gaps in time. For instance prior to Batman Begins there wasn't a Batman movie for 10 years. In MU time 10 years is about 10 films if not more. You really think fans are trying to see New actors helm characters for only a few years at a time like Michael Keaton in Batman. Chris Evans will have been Cap 8 years by 2019 which is when Phase 3 finishes. Marvel clearly wants its actors in for the long haul.

Marvel have already recast characters (War Machine and Hulk) and we've got two actors who play Howard Stark at the same time :childplease:. Of course they will be recast. Christian Bale and Pierce Brosnan were the face of Batman and Bond for almost a decade, two years after they finished up it was Ben Affleck and Daniel Craig. The same will happen here.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Marvel have already recast characters (War Machine and Hulk) and we've got two actors who play Howard Stark at the same time :childplease:. Of course they will be recast. Christian Bale and Pierce Brosnan were the face of Batman and Bond for almost a decade, two years after they finished up it was Ben Affleck and Daniel Craig. The same will happen here.

Christian Bales batman wasn't a part of the DCU

Captain America: Civil War co-director Joe Russo noted as much to Forbes, saying that it’s "almost impossible" to replace Downey, and there will need to be some distance between him and the new actor. Russo explained:I think if and when he is done with the character, I think you will find that Iron Man might disappear for a while. I think the only way that you could reboot that character is to give a generational gap that would allow another actor to at least have a chance to redefine that character without the enormous spectre of Robert hanging over it. There are so many characters in the Marvel universe that can pick up the ball and run without it through the next phase or two before you need to see Iron Man again, frankly.

This isn’t like the ‘90s when there were three different big screen Batmans (four if you count Kevin Conroy) in the span of five years. Not only are superhero movies more popular than ever, but Downey has done wonders for Iron Man over the last eight years. Anyone who takes over is going to have a difficult time measuring up, so Russo could have the right idea by having Stark go off an extended vacation/retirement so enough time passes before someone new brings their own interpretation of the character.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Right tease up a character for 5 years, then have him be defeated in a single film just isn't happening. ESPECIALLY with the amount of characters in this film in the first place. shyt would be an absolute mess, even with a three hour run time.

My guess is thanos gives a beat down in part 1....part 2 he gives a beat down but either they defeat him or he leaves earth

Malik1time

What you looking at?
Daps
Reppin
Queens
This^^ voldmort was hyped up in 6 movies /books it would make no sense to kill him off in 1movie

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is nothing like that. None of those films fill the same universe. And most of those films had large gaps in time. For instance prior to Batman Begins there wasn't a Batman movie for 10 years. In MU time 10 years is about 10 films if not more. You really think fans are trying to see New actors helm characters for only a few years at a time like Michael Keaton in Batman. Chris Evans will have been Cap 8 years by 2019 which is when Phase 3 finishes. Marvel clearly wants its actors in for the long haul.

I'm just telling you what Kevin Feigie said:

Luckily we don't have to make that decision anytime soon. There are a lot of movies that everyone is signed on for, and we get to enjoy them for a long time. Robert Downey Jr. is Iron Man, and right now I can't envision anyone else. Chris Evans has embodied Captain America as well as any actor has ever embodied an iconic pop-culture figure like that. I go back to Chris Reeve as Superman as the gold standard, and I think Evans is right there. I couldn't imagine anybody else. But you also look to history: We have a new Spider-Man right now who was in our Civil War film and is in Spider-Man: Homecoming, and the audience has embraced it. And you can look to Sherlock Holmes, James Bond, and Batman as characters that last longer than any one actor playing them. There's a precedent for it in other franchises that suggests it's possible. But right now I don't want to think about it and don't need to think about it.

How Marvel’s Kevin Feige Feels About Recasting The MCU’s Top Actors - CINEMABLEND

So like I said, it's not something they're in a rush to do, but the plan is to recast, not just kill off the characters.

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps

IWhDfu7.gif

tumblr_ohqvxanfSK1v47x3jo1_500.gif

look like somebody mean ass uncle

sup unc :hamster:

you going to your classes
gffBAJ2.png

It's summer unc :hamster:

That don't mean you can't be reading yungin
gffBAJ2.png

yes sir :hamster:

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
I just can't picture anyone else being iron man.

That is huge shoes to fill.

Arguably the best casting of anything comic related ever.

Marvel is not replacing Iron Man any time soon. The only reason Chris Evans is replaceable as Cap is because Bucky. No way would they just make another actor Cap in the next 3 years that shyt would be jarring as fukk.