Status
Not open for further replies.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Like I said before, Thanos just easily wasted Thor, Loki, Hulk, Heimdall, and the whole rest of their crew back when he only had the use of one stone, and we don't know if he even had to use it.

Yet Doctor Strange using no stone was able to hold his own with Thanos for some time when Thanos was using multiple stones.

The same Doctor Strange who had gotten his ass kicked by one of Thanos's lackies earlier in the movie.

Talk about Captain America having a bruise....he should be flat with his guts dripping out. Hell, why wasn't Ironman killed by one of those impacts LONG before the "fatal" blow? He's just a regular human. That goes for a lot of them - with all the power that Thanos is wielding, even the NORMAL Thanos, the one who can kick Hulk's ass by himself, should have be killing those mere mortals.

Oh, on a side note - if those portals that Dr. Strange makes can cut off arms, then why didn't he just cut off Thanos's arm when Thanos was incapacitated? Just make a portal over his arm, close it, snip off the arm like what happened to Thanos's lackey.

Thanos not just enjoyed but reveled in battle and "gaining the moral high ground". The first scene with Hulk and the numerous attempts in justifying his mission to his opponents were to emphasize this. Like most charismatic leaders, its not enough to just win but you almost must physically and emotionally crush your opponents to prevent them from every coming back. Thanos was aiming for this the whole movie.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Because a boss fight is supposed to be like a duel. Not a one sided stomp fest. and even a fight versus minions should be a well choregraphed and skilled dance like a jackie chan movie. not a shooting fish in a barrell.

If it were up to me, i would replace all the OP avengers like, Scarlett Witch, Thor, Marvel, Vision, Strange, Current Stark(OG armor is ok though) and replace them with people that punch and kick and stabt, lke Daredevil, Wolverine, Luke Cage.
I always preferred them Because to me the best comic movies are essentially just martial arts movies combined with 90s action movies like rambo.
Guns, swords and punches to face. All the hand waving light flashing stuff is boring. no superman fight will ever compare to a daredevil hallway fight. And the villains would be people on that same level. Batroc vs Cap >> Thanos vs Cap.

Thank God you aren't in control of the MCU then. :OutASAP:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
It's possible, but again....not when dealing with cosmic/god level beings. Iron Monger or Whiplash vs Ironman makes sense. Ironman possibly being able to hold his own vs the Chitauri in the first Avengers kinda makes sense. And even then, Black Widow and/or Hawkeye should've died. A guy with arrows and a woman with guns....vs aliens. :what:

Black Widow and Hawkeye shooting at the aliens was one of the most unintentionally funny shots of the entire first wave. :dead:

Like, what effect were they even having that, say, a small Special Forces team couldn't have done 100x better. :mjlol:

Black Widow should legit be put in a box somewhere every time cosmic shyt goes down. Or at least be in one of Ironman's suits. Hell, it makes NO sense for any of the non-gods to not be in an Ironman suit every time shyt goes down.

Once you get to Ironman vs Thanos....the shyt I'm talking about starts to kick in. You either gotta make Ironman ridiculously over powered or seriously de-power Thanos otherwise you have no story.
That's why if you're going to create a Thanos, then Ironman shouldn't be the one fighting him. You have GODS on your team, but you throw a puny human in a metal suit out there? Stark should be back in a ship somewhere handling logistics and firepower while actual immortals go up against immortals.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Thank God you aren't in control of the MCU then. :OutASAP:
There's a reason the fight scenes like Nightcrawler's scene in x-men 2 are classic, but Magneto, there is no real singular fight scene that you can point out. Just cool moments, like lifting a football stadium or lifting a bridge or lifting etc... . Using your mind or waving your hands to fight is boring. You gotta get your hands dirty. You rather see Jean Grey and Charles have a mind battle, than see Wolverine take on Hulk?

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
There's a reason the fight scenes like Nightcrawler's scene in x-men 2 are classic, but Magneto, there is no real singular fight scene that you can point out. Just cool moments, like lifting a football stadium or lifting a bridge or lifting etc... . Using your mind or waving your hands to fight is boring. You gotta get your hands dirty. You rather see Jean Grey and Charles have a mind battle, than see Wolverine take on Hulk?

How are you going to take one of the most popular fights with 2 of the most popular characters vs Professor X/Jean? IveI heard of stacking the deck but got damn nikka, at least pretend to be mildly objective. :DyingLaughing:

Now ask me if I want to see Galactus vs Thanos / @Norrin Radd vs Thor / Dr. Strange vs Jean Grey / @Ironman vs Dr. Doom etc. over Hulk vs Wolverine and you'll get a real response.

You have to have a mix of street level and Cosmic tier guys in these films or shyt is going to get boring AF.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Thanos not just enjoyed but reveled in battle and "gaining the moral high ground". The first scene with Hulk and the numerous attempts in justifying his mission to his opponents were to emphasize this. Like most charismatic leaders, its not enough to just win but you almost must physically and emotionally crush your opponents to prevent them from every coming back. Thanos was aiming for this the whole movie.

Like it's necessary to "prevent them from ever coming back" when you can kill however many of them you wish to at will.

Which is more "emotionally crushing", barely getting defeated or having a guy who could just snap his fingers and annihilate you whenever he pleased? Hell, he can manipulate REALITY whenever he pleases, if he really wants to crush you emotionally he could do it a billion ways without even putting himself physically into the battle.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Magneto putting a quarter thru Sebastian Shaw's brain was very dope IMO. But I agree I like hand to hand better than superpowers as well. But really it comes down to the choreography. Thanos vs Doctor Strange was great. It depends.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Magneto putting a quarter thru Sebastian Shaw's brain was very dope IMO. But I agree I like hand to hand better than superpowers as well. But really it comes down to the choreography. Thanos vs Doctor Strange was great. It depends.
I admit, Thanos vs Strange is a good exception to the rule. Maybe the Russo's just need to handle all the heroes. Maybe it's just lack of vision from the past directors. Cuz even the Strange vs Ebony Maw was good as brief as it was.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Black Widow and Hawkeye shooting at the aliens was one of the most unintentionally funny shots of the entire first wave. :dead:

Like, what effect were they even having that, say, a small Special Forces team couldn't have done 100x better. :mjlol:

Black Widow should legit be put in a box somewhere every time cosmic shyt goes down. Or at least be in one of Ironman's suits. Hell, it makes NO sense for any of the non-gods to not be in an Ironman suit every time shyt goes down.

That's why if you're going to create a Thanos, then Ironman shouldn't be the one fighting him. You have GODS on your team, but you throw a puny human in a metal suit out there? Stark should be back in a ship somewhere handling logistics and firepower while actual immortals go up against immortals.
Asking for realism in comic book movies is dumb. This is a fantasy story to make a point. The fantasy parts are just vehicles to the theme not the actual point.
Realism goes out the window from the start, you accept green hulking monsters, iron suits that would actually make breaking limbs/your skull easier, hex powers and aliens with insane powers but then you want to nit pick the use of their powers? Blank Panther got thrown off a waterfall that was at least a thousand feet in the air and survived with no powers so posting that poster like that movie was more realistic isn't it my G. :mjlol:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Because a boss fight is supposed to be like a duel. Not a one sided stomp fest. and even a fight versus minions should be a well choregraphed and skilled dance like a jackie chan movie. not a shooting fish in a barrell.

If it were up to me, i would replace all the OP avengers like, Scarlett Witch, Thor, Marvel, Vision, Strange, Current Stark(OG armor is ok though) and replace them with people that punch and kick and stabt, lke Daredevil, Wolverine, Luke Cage.
I always preferred them Because to me the best comic movies are essentially just martial arts movies combined with 90s action movies like rambo.
Guns, swords and punches to face. All the hand waving light flashing stuff is boring. no superman fight will ever compare to a daredevil hallway fight. And the villains would be people on that same level. Batroc vs Cap >> Thanos vs Cap.

I get your over all point....but cats ain't sat through 18-19, whatever many movies over a decade to see street level characters fight. Because if the base line for the action in the first place is street level vs street level, then there is no escalation.

Fred.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Like it's necessary to "prevent them from ever coming back" when you can kill however many of them you wish to at will.

Which is more "emotionally crushing", barely getting defeated or having a guy who could just snap his fingers and annihilate you whenever he pleased? Hell, he can manipulate REALITY whenever he pleases, if he really wants to crush you emotionally he could do it a billion ways without even putting himself physically into the battle.

Thanos wasn't about aimless killing tho. He actively avoided it when necessary. His whole narrative was about balancing things and killing only when necessary, him acting as you describe would have been out of character. And whole point of the Hulk fight was to show he actually enjoys combat. Remember when Hulk rushed Thanos and Black Dwarf/Obsidian Cull was gonna rush in and the Ebony Maw backed him down and said "Let him have his fun...", it was subliminally describing who and what Thanos was about.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

I don't disagree with your over all point but it's not as if Marvel had full access to all their characters when this plan started. For better or worse Tony Stark is the godfather of the MCU so him sitting out the decisive battle was never going to happen. Same goes for Cap....dude is the leader of The Avengers, he was always going to square off with Thanos at some point.

Besides, there's really no team of super heroes that are all equal in power. In Avengers you got Scarlet Witch and Black Widow. In X-Men you got Dazzler and Professor X. In Justice League you got Green Arrow and Superman. In the New Mutants you got Cypher and Magick, etc.

So unless you have half your characters constantly sit out major fights, you gotta focus on making things entertaining as opposed to "realistic".

Fred.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I get your over all point....but cats ain't sat through 18-19, whatever many movies over a decade to see street level characters fight. Because if the base line for the action in the first place is street level vs street level, then there is no escalation.

Fred.
You're right. Especially pertaining to 12 year build up. They just got to find a way to make it not just be people making faces at each other like this
XcN2.gif

200.gif

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You're right. Especially pertaining to 12 year build up. They just got to find a way to make it not just be people making faces at each other like this
XcN2.gif

200.gif

I mean....I don't think it'll be a problem from what we've seen so far. Thanos ran the fade with Hulk, no powers....and then later in the same movie he threw a moon at them crazy.
0331c02f1eeb17c6f281649f7c605c9e.png

Fred.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.