Not open for further replies.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
It took me a while to realize but this is the main reason I didn't like the movie. The ONLY meaningful plot of the movie is "is Thanos powerful enough to overcome the Avengers and get all the stones", yet his powers constantly vary so there's not stability to him at all.

Back when he had just 1 infinity stone he was able to absolute destroy Thor, Loki, Hulk, Heimdall, and all their men without he or any of his henchmen taking a scratch. He might not even have used a stone.

But then with 4 of the stones, freaking Doctor Strange and some lame sidekicks damn near take him down. Ironman looks like a worthy opponent even though he should be straight food. Even Captain America lands punches.

Hell, Doctor Strange got his ass handed to him by one of Thanos's lackies, but then he can take on Thanos?

Same goes for the infinity stone powers. These are supposed to be so powerful...but Thanos hardly uses him even when his quest is nearly wrecked. Why not keep using the reality stone to screw everything up for the Avengers? He seems to hardly use the stones at all. Nor do the avengers - when the movie starts they hold 3 of the stones and Thanos only holds one. But you get the idea that they don't know how to do shyt with them. Does Loki having the space stone, Doctor Strange having the time stone, or Vision having the mind stone ever help them in battle at all?
It wasnt just Dr Strange that fought him off for awhile...Scarlet Witch held him off on her own and he had to use his time powers to change the result. Probably the most impressive thing in the movie.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Like I said before, Thanos just easily wasted Thor, Loki, Hulk, Heimdall, and the whole rest of their crew back when he only had the use of one stone, and we don't know if he even had to use it.

Yet Doctor Strange using no stone was able to hold his own with Thanos for some time when Thanos was using multiple stones.

The same Doctor Strange who had gotten his ass kicked by one of Thanos's lackies earlier in the movie.

Talk about Captain America having a bruise....he should be flat with his guts dripping out. Hell, why wasn't Ironman killed by one of those impacts LONG before the "fatal" blow? He's just a regular human. That goes for a lot of them - with all the power that Thanos is wielding, even the NORMAL Thanos, the one who can kick Hulk's ass by himself, should have be killing those mere mortals.

Oh, on a side note - if those portals that Dr. Strange makes can cut off arms, then why didn't he just cut off Thanos's arm when Thanos was incapacitated? Just make a portal over his arm, close it, snip off the arm like what happened to Thanos's lackey.
Who knew movies about Aliens with super powers could be so complicated? Who knew? :russ:

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think some of y’all lookin at this too deeply.

If Thanos went through the movie like how he did Xander and Asgard, then there wouldn’t have been a movie.. hence why we didn’t even see him take the power stone or first enter the Asgardian ship.

I took it as Thanos got even more cocky every time he added a stone to the gauntlet... half the time, I think he was just toying with cats while learning how to use the stones.... like on Knowhere. He could’ve bodied the Guardians if he wanted but he was literally toying with them

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It took me a while to realize but this is the main reason I didn't like the movie. The ONLY meaningful plot of the movie is "is Thanos powerful enough to overcome the Avengers and get all the stones", yet his powers constantly vary so there's not stability to him at all.

Back when he had just 1 infinity stone he was able to absolute destroy Thor, Loki, Hulk, Heimdall, and all their men without he or any of his henchmen taking a scratch. He might not even have used a stone.

But then with 4 of the stones, freaking Doctor Strange and some lame sidekicks damn near take him down. Ironman looks like a worthy opponent even though he should be straight food. Even Captain America lands punches.

Hell, Doctor Strange got his ass handed to him by one of Thanos's lackies, but then he can take on Thanos?

Same goes for the infinity stone powers. These are supposed to be so powerful...but Thanos hardly uses him even when his quest is nearly wrecked. Why not keep using the reality stone to screw everything up for the Avengers? He seems to hardly use the stones at all. Nor do the avengers - when the movie starts they hold 3 of the stones and Thanos only holds one. But you get the idea that they don't know how to do shyt with them. Does Loki having the space stone, Doctor Strange having the time stone, or Vision having the mind stone ever help them in battle at all?

Like I said before, Thanos just easily wasted Thor, Loki, Hulk, Heimdall, and the whole rest of their crew back when he only had the use of one stone, and we don't know if he even had to use it.

Yet Doctor Strange using no stone was able to hold his own with Thanos for some time when Thanos was using multiple stones.

The same Doctor Strange who had gotten his ass kicked by one of Thanos's lackies earlier in the movie.

Talk about Captain America having a bruise....he should be flat with his guts dripping out. Hell, why wasn't Ironman killed by one of those impacts LONG before the "fatal" blow? He's just a regular human. That goes for a lot of them - with all the power that Thanos is wielding, even the NORMAL Thanos, the one who can kick Hulk's ass by himself, should have be killing those mere mortals.

Oh, on a side note - if those portals that Dr. Strange makes can cut off arms, then why didn't he just cut off Thanos's arm when Thanos was incapacitated? Just make a portal over his arm, close it, snip off the arm like what happened to Thanos's lackey.

I'm gonna assume you never read comics because every problem you had with Thanos and "Infinity War" is in....well, damn near any comic arc in history. Especially ones dealing with a powerful/cosmic level threat.

Thanos should've killed Cap with one punch. Ok, cool. If we're going by strictly what should have happened, you have no movie. We went through the same thing with the fight in "Civil War"....people talking about "Vision alone should be able to wash team Cap"....ok....again, then you have no movie.

So nah, I don't get this mind state. Comics pick and choose when to show how powerful characters are in relation to how interesting it'll make the story. The movies are no different. Otherwise you got a 10 minute movie of Thanos using the Space Stone to warp to where the Avengers are and killing them.

Fred.

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm gonna assume you never read comics because every problem you had with Thanos and "Infinity War" is in....well, damn near any comic arc in history. Especially ones dealing with a powerful/cosmic level threat.

Thanos should've killed Cap with one punch. Ok, cool. If we're going by strictly what should have happened, you have no movie. We went through the same thing with the fight in "Civil War"....people talking about "Vision alone should be able to wash team Cap"....ok....again, then you have no movie.

So nah, I don't get this mind state. Comics pick and choose when to show how powerful characters are in relation to how interesting it'll make the story. The movies are no different. Otherwise you got a 10 minute movie of Thanos using the Space Stone to warp to where the Avengers are and killing them.

Fred.
Also, in the original comic didn’t Cap stand face to face with Thanos...... in space with his regular clothes on, gravity and oxygen in tact and all? And he did this while cats like Silver Surfer were nearby as well

I saw someone say Thanos should’ve killed Iron Man easily.... thanos actually respects Stark and we saw how that fight went once Stark’s armor got blown off

Once bruh had like 2 or 3 stones, he basically coasted through the movie cuz he already knew he was gon get the rest. I think the main one he was really concerned about was the soul stone

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Keep in Mind Thanos went against the agardians with his entire army and all the children of thanos.
It wasn't a one on one fight.
When he did fight by himself he made easy work of Hulk, but struggled with Ironman and Dr Strange. Both of whom are more powerful than Hulk in the MCU. Ironman beat hulk like 8 suits ago. They nearly subdued him by teaming up activity preventing him closing his hand.
When he got to wakanda they couldn't close his hand and he made short work of everyone except Scarlett Witch. Who like Captain Marvel is powered by another infinity stone so was more of a challenge. Seemed like it made sense to me.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Also, in the original comic didn’t Cap stand face to face with Thanos...... in space with his regular clothes on, gravity and oxygen in tact and all? And he did this while cats like Silver Surfer were nearby as well

I saw someone say Thanos should’ve killed Iron Man easily.... thanos actually respects Stark and we saw how that fight went once Stark’s armor got blown off

Once bruh had like 2 or 3 stones, he basically coasted through the movie cuz he already knew he was gon get the rest. I think the main one he was really concerned about was the soul stone
That's what I'm saying. If we pull up the OG comics you'll find all sorts of shyt that don't make sense. I mean, in the comics Black Panther yoked up Silver Surfer, for Christ sake.:mjlol:

Did it make sense? Hell no. Was it a :krs: moment? Yes.

And that's all that matters. Cats wasn't sitting in the theater like :jbhmm: "hold up, why is Strange holding his own against Thanos when Ebony Maw fukked him up earlier?"

Fred.

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Keep in Mind Thanos went against the agardians with his entire army and all the children of thanos.
It wasn't a one on one fight.
When he did fight by himself he made easy work of Hulk, but struggled with Ironman and Dr Strange. Both of whom are more powerful than Hulk in the MCU. Ironman beat hulk like 8 suits ago. They nearly subdued him by teaming up activity preventing him closing his hand.
When he got to wakanda they couldn't close his hand and he made short work of everyone except Scarlett Witch. Who like Captain Marvel is powered by another infinity stone so was more of a challenge. Seemed like it made sense to me.
Facts

That's what I'm saying. If we pull up the OG comics you'll find all sorts of shyt that don't make sense. I mean, in the comics Black Panther yoked up Silver Surfer, for Christ sake.:mjlol:

And that's all that matters. Cats wasn't sitting in the theater like :jbhmm: "hold up, why is Strange holding his own against Thanos when Ebony Maw fukked him up earlier?"

Fred.
Even in that comparison, I took it as Strange was using all of his powers to conceal the time stone from Maw mid-fight.. that happened unexpectedly.... this happened earlier so by the time Thanos got to Titan, they already had a game plan and Strange already had the time stone hidden so he had more focus to engage in battle with Thanos.

I honestly think the fight in NY would’ve been a different story if Strange knew beforehand that Maw was coming for him and had the time stone hidden from him as well

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Fred.

I mean, that is a real problem with comics that the writers can't exhibit enough restraint. They create ridiculous incredible powers because it sounds cool, even though said powers blow apart any chance at a logically consistent plot.

If the heroes and villains had well-defined, moderated powers instead of ridiculous shyt, then you could write a storyarc that isn't so arbitrary.

There's this shyt called Deus Ex Machina in storytelling, where a key issue in the plot is resolved by some contrived bullshyt. It's generally considered a bad thing. Yet this movie was just a long-ass series of Deus Ex Machina bullshyt. Like you said, if it had been logically consistent, there would have been no movie.

I wonder if it's possible to make a comic book movie where both the heroes and villains have consistent super powers so you don't have to have contrived bullshyt to further the plot? :jbhmm:

Black_Panther_film_poster.jpg

parallax

Superstar
Daps

Fred.

Panther putting surfer in an armbar did make sense. Surfer was trying to out Panthers intent so he played submissive. The very next page that noone bothers to check explains that

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I mean, that is a real problem with comics that the writers can't exhibit enough restraint. They create ridiculous incredible powers because it sounds cool, even though said powers blow apart any chance at a logically consistent plot.

If the heroes and villains had well-defined, moderated powers instead of ridiculous shyt, then you could write a storyarc that isn't so arbitrary.

There's this shyt called Deus Ex Machina in storytelling, where a key issue in the plot is resolved by some contrived bullshyt. It's generally considered a bad thing. Yet this movie was just a long-ass series of Deus Ex Machina bullshyt. Like you said, if it had been logically consistent, there would have been no movie.

I wonder if it's possible to make a comic book movie where both the heroes and villains have consistent super powers so you don't have to have contrived bullshyt to further the plot? :jbhmm:

It's possible, but again....not when dealing with cosmic/god level beings. Iron Monger or Whiplash vs Ironman makes sense. Ironman possibly being able to hold his own vs the Chitauri in the first Avengers kinda makes sense. And even then, Black Widow and/or Hawkeye should've died. A guy with arrows and a woman with guns....vs aliens. :what:

Once you get to Ironman vs Thanos....the shyt I'm talking about starts to kick in. You either gotta make Ironman ridiculously over powered or seriously de-power Thanos otherwise you have no story.

Panther putting surfer in an armbar did make sense. Surfer was trying to out Panthers intent so he played submissive. The very next page that noone bothers to check explains that

And that makes sense to you? :dahell:

I'm well aware of the reasoning behind it but BP ain't dumb enough to think he could arm bar a cosmic level character, so he wouldn't fall for that in the first place. shyt is like saying "well, Thor wanted to know Black Widow's intentions, so he let her choke him out." :mjlol:

Fred.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
And that makes sense to you? :dahell:

I'm well aware of the reasoning behind it but BP ain't dumb enough to think he could arm bar a cosmic level character, so he wouldn't fall for that in the first place. shyt is like saying "well, Thor wanted to know Black Widow's intentions, so he let her choke him out." :mjlol:

Fred.

When you have a dude that's fukked with cosmic and supernatural forces and won before this, he probably legitimately thought he had a plan. Like the ones he does for the skrull, the kree, Thor and others. You see the armbar and it's a joke, but if he had a pocket nullifier there wouldn't be anything to say.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem

Because a boss fight is supposed to be like a duel. Not a one sided stomp fest. and even a fight versus minions should be a well choregraphed and skilled dance like a jackie chan movie. not a shooting fish in a barrell.

If it were up to me, i would replace all the OP avengers like, Scarlett Witch, Thor, Marvel, Vision, Strange, Current Stark(OG armor is ok though) and replace them with people that punch and kick and stabt, lke Daredevil, Wolverine, Luke Cage.
I always preferred them Because to me the best comic movies are essentially just martial arts movies combined with 90s action movies like rambo.
Guns, swords and punches to face. All the hand waving light flashing stuff is boring. no superman fight will ever compare to a daredevil hallway fight. And the villains would be people on that same level. Batroc vs Cap >> Thanos vs Cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.