Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

GhostoftheMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Straight Outta Homeworld
two things: wasnt this what most people assumed luffy's awakened ability would be? Most of the awakened paramecia has been just turning the environment into the fruits power, i dont think it's too cartoony. I think the reason why they didnt off Luffy is because the world government needs the fruit user to be at a certain point to get something on Laughtale before they can kill him and finally be done with this excursion. like just looking at the world. It must be time and item sensitive for roger to leave what ever was there. it must've been something worthless or imcomprehendible to people without luffy's ability

and this isn't even the first time we seen when fruits cross "types" Karakuri might as well be a logia user and we dont even know how Blackbeard has at least two fruit powers.

Last edited:

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
two things: wasnt this what most people assumed luffy's awakened ability would be? Most of the awakened paramecia has been just turning the environment into the fruits power, i dont think it's too cartoony. I think the reason why they didnt off Luffy is because the world government needs the fruit user to be at a certain point to get something on Laughtale before they can kill him and finally be done with this excursion. like just looking at the world. It must be time and item sensitive for roger to leave what ever was there. it must've been something worthless or imcomprehendible to people without luffy's ability
What you just said remind me of one of the main plot point of fullmetal alchemist why were the elric brothers allow to run around and uncover government secret with no push .

GhostoftheMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Straight Outta Homeworld
What you just said remind me of one of the main plot point of fullmetal alchemist why were the elric brothers allow to run around and uncover government secret with no push .
it all just seems like the W.G is letting luffy do his thing and get further to what ever they need him to be before they get to him. Roger was executed in a city where anyone could've bailed him out if they wanted to unlike Ace where it seemed like it was orchastrated to be a full on war, granted this is most likely for story purposes, but that might've been a box on their check list just like how Kuma stayed at the ship and protected it for 2 years. Nothing really makes sense and it seems like things are much more than what they seem.

and i get that it was a two way deal between kuma and the WG but when have they upheld truth? they were willing to wipe an island off the face of the earth for one person.

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it all just seems like the W.G is letting luffy do his thing and get further to what ever they need him to be before they get to him. Roger was executed in a city where anyone could've bailed him out if they wanted to unlike Ace where it seemed like it was orchastrated to be a full on war, granted this is most likely for story purposes, but that might've been a box on their check list just like how Kuma stayed at the ship and protected it for 2 years. Nothing really makes sense and it seems like things are much more than what they seem.
Yeah we know there is a higher power that is in the background that in control of the world government that is Im it could want luffy to get more powerful in order to get the treasure for him.

Daps
I like gear 5 but i'm not feeling the sudden devil fruit change because I feel like it's creating some inconsistencies. Luffy has been known for quite some time now but the Gorosei is only reacting now :patrice: ? They heard that Luffy's power had rubber properties and never made the connection with Sun God Nika until Wano ? Kinda iffy about this one until we get further explanations.

Besides don't zoan users have to transform into their zoan state ? Luffy always acted like a paramecia with passive abilities but now he's supposedly in a whole other category.

I don't mind the goofy stuff because this has always been in One Piece, but this new development feels like some asspull for now :mjlol:
You can argue that the WG has been tryna catch Luffy since Alabasta but whats really interesting is that they took action only after Shanks met with them like 200 chapters ago

It really do be your own mans:francis:

Daps
Thats the only plot hole in this shyt :francis:

shoulda had multiple run ins with them cp nikkas well before wano. Especially after marineford
This was my first thoughts as well but then I thought about it and

Alabasta they sent a Vice Admiral but Bon Clay was a real one
Had Aokiji posted for him after they dropped out the sky
Thriller Bark they sent Kuma
Sabobady they sent an Admiral

And this is all within the Straw Hats first year(?)

Then they reunite, WG sends in an admiral's obese nephew and his robot army

They've been pressed about Luffy. You could argue that they could've sent all three admirals to smite him after Enies Lobby instead of Kuma but they probably viewed him escaping by the skin of his teeth that he wasn't a true threat. I guess in their mind he wasn't a threat until he kept getting back up to fight Kaido? I have a feeling Oda will explain why they held their hands

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
:jbhmm: I think they more or less give luffy a pass because of who is grandfather is :manny:
I think they didn’t move on him til after Shanks told them he was the recipient of the fruit

This was my first thoughts as well but then I thought about it and

Alabasta they sent a Vice Admiral but Bon Clay was a real one
Had Aokiji posted for him after they dropped out the sky
Thriller Bark they sent Kuma
Sabobady they sent an Admiral

And this is all within the Straw Hats first year(?)

Then they reunite, WG sends in an admiral's obese nephew and his robot army

They've been pressed about Luffy. You could argue that they could've sent all three admirals to smite him after Enies Lobby instead of Kuma but they probably viewed him escaping by the skin of his teeth that he wasn't a true threat. I guess in their mind he wasn't a threat until he kept getting back up to fight Kaido? I have a feeling Oda will explain why they held their hands

All of this.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It makes no sense to me that the world government would let Luffy get this far with his lineage and devil fruit.
In context tho, they been on his ass since sabondy at the latest. Luffy He didn't get worldwide infamy till Enies Lobby at the earliest and has been kinda taking the backstreets of the Grand Line.

But yeah, G5 would be fine if not for the Joyboy connection that is attached in a rather jarring manner. Everything else about it (including thematically with the smiling/& silliness) fits Luffy and really this whole story perfectly. I just personally don't like how fatalistic One Piece has started to get post timeskip. You got the Roger/Luffy parallels, the fishman prophecy, now joyboy.

That Void Century lore is gonna be crazt

Falcozer

Superstar
Daps
You can argue that the WG has been tryna catch Luffy since Alabasta but whats really interesting is that they took action only after Shanks met with them like 200 chapters ago

It really do be your own mans:francis:
The marines were never after Luffy more than they would any other pirate though. Aokiji was there for robin specifically, Kizaru was there to catch the straw hats because Luffy punched a celestial dragon and not the legendary fruit he had since the beginning, same with Fujitora and CP0 who were in Dressrosa because of Doflamingo and not the straw hats.

Luffy even straight walked into 2 WG bases, Enies Lobby and Marineford, but they didn't care about him that much other than the fact he was a nuisance :mjlol:

That last reveal just makes it seem crazy that WG wasn't on Luffy's ass more since he gained notoriety with his Sun God rubber power.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The marines were never after Luffy more than they would any other pirate though. Aokiji was there for robin specifically, Kizaru was there to catch the straw hats because Luffy punched a celestial dragon and not the legendary fruit he had since the beginning, same with Fujitora and CP0 who were in Dressrosa because of Doflamingo and not the straw hats.

Luffy even straight walked into 2 WG bases, Enies Lobby and Marineford, but they didn't care about him that much other than the fact he was a nuisance :mjlol:

That last reveal just makes it seem crazy that WG wasn't on Luffy's ass more since he gained notoriety with his Sun God rubber power.
It's implied that nobody has awakened the fruit for centuries and the awakening was what they were worried about.

They sent Vice admiral Hina in Arabasta and she fails due to Bon Clay. (Before they knew Robin joined) They sent Aokiji but he disobeyed. They sent garp but he disobeyed . They sent Kuma to Thriller bark and Sabondy and he disobeyed both times. They sent Kizaru and a Buster Call but Luffy escaped via Kuma. The sent the sumo Vice Admiral to timeskip Sabondy and he fails to capture Luffy. They order Fujitora and he disobeys. They send CP0 and he fails.

Even without an implied urgency from the Nika context they sent 3 admirals, 3 vice admirals, a shibukai twice, a CP0 team and a Buster Call.

Can't really say there was a lack of effort overall especially when dealing with fukkery from the Whitebeard mess, the Revolutionaries, the other Supernova and Blackbeard

Jigganaut

Sick of you nigg@s
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hampton VA Pull up
It's implied that nobody has awakened the fruit for centuries and the awakening was what they were worried about.

They sent Vice admiral Hina in Arabasta and she fails due to Bon Clay. (Before they knew Robin joined) They sent Aokiji but he disobeyed. They sent garp but he disobeyed . They sent Kuma to Thriller bark and Sabondy and he disobeyed both times. They sent Kizaru and a Buster Call but Luffy escaped via Kuma. The sent the sumo Vice Admiral to timeskip Sabondy and he fails to capture Luffy. They order Fujitora and he disobeys. They send CP0 and he fails.

Even without an implied urgency from the Nika context they sent 3 admirals, 3 vice admirals, a shibukai twice, a CP0 team and a Buster Call.

Can't really say there was a lack of effort overall especially when dealing with fukkery from the Whitebeard mess, the Revolutionaries, the other Supernova and Blackbeard
Bruh his father is the most wanted man in the world and his grandfather is the hero of the marines. You see how this lineage would be troublesome especially with that fruit. Nah bruh

Falcozer

Superstar
Daps

Yeah I know about all that, I said it in my post above. But what I'm saying is that they never sent the marines specifically because of Luffy and what his devil fruit represent, but only because he's another pirate causing trouble in the world and even in their bases, or because of Robin in the case of Aokiji. Only in Wano do they finally send CP0 dude to take down Luffy particularly.

We might say it's because they're only worried about the awakening but that's a kinda shaky explanation, as it would be easier to catch him before he awakened. Dude was already a renowned threat to the WG, he defeated several Warlords, invaded Enies Lobby and defeated CP9 with his crew, Broke in and out of Impel Down, is the son and grandson of world famous dudes, showed he had conqueror's haki in front of the whole Marine force present in Marineford:mjlol:. The 5 elders should have known better in my opinion.
I mean, they imprisoned and tortured Who's who because he lost the fruit but they're like :manny: about the kid who ate the fruit, has power strangely similar to what the legend says and is wreaking havoc in the world. Let alone the fact that they searched this fruit for 800 damn years.

Last edited: