Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
If anyone is wondering if Luffy is overpowered, he's not. You have to remember whats waiting for him at the end of the road is Blackbeard with 2 OP devil fruits. Anyone BB touches loses their powers and he's a walking black hole that sucks everything to him. Mixed with Whitebeards power he's broken. Scariest part of it is we haven't seen his awakening yet :damn:. His darkness awakening will put the world of one piece into permanent nightfall then Luffy the sun gawd will restore the light :wow:

For those saying Gear 5 is too goofy, one piece has been goofy. It just took a more serious turn the past couple of years. Just look at the introduction of Blackbeard or Buggy right at the beginning. Blackbeard has been comedy, breh has the lowest pain tolerance and weeps after every hit. His fight against Gear 5 will be jokes.

:sas1:

FOr4QcUXwAIiwaL.jpg

:sas2:

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
G5 is luffy's Spiderverse suit in Miles Morales video game status "BOOM!" "POW!".

But he was transforming the whole time. Look at all the Gear 4 transformations or how he would shrink or get big with gear 3. Also he could produce flames which had nothing to do with rubber. Look at all the different transformations chopper has.
Yeah I figured him created G2,G3,and G4 were all based on his imagination anyway or at least that's the way he worded it. He created the forms to help with whatever challenge he was faced with .So with his awakening the possibilities are just endless now and he can make the world around him rubber. Doffys was kinda of similar too. Who would have thought he could use his strings to stitch his heart up or use them to fly. I think a lot of devil fruit stuff will be answered when we finally see vegapunk

Falcozer

Superstar
Daps
G5 is luffy's Spiderverse suit in Miles Morales video game status "BOOM!" "POW!".

But he was transforming the whole time. Look at all the Gear 4 transformations or how he would shrink or get big with gear 3. Also he could produce flames which had nothing to do with rubber. Look at all the different transformations chopper has.
I guess. To me with all of these gears what he was doing is inflating his body with air to get bigger (gear 3 and 4) or pumping blood to get faster (Gear 2) and it seemed consistent with his gomu gomu fruit, but i guess now it was supposed to be zoan transformations all along :patrice:

I think i'll just wait and see how Oda handles this in the next chapters :hubie:

Luken

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto/ Jersey / ATL / LA / Panoramic Roofs
Yeah I figured him created G2,G3,and G4 were all based on his imagination anyway or at least that's the way he worded it. He created the forms to help with whatever challenge he was faced with .So with his awakening the possibilities are just endless now and he can make the world around him rubber. Doffys was kinda of similar too. Who would have thought he could use his strings to stitch his heart up or use them to fly. I think a lot of devil fruit stuff will be answered when we finally see vegapunk

That makes perfect sense as far as physics and linear one piece story telling is concerned though. Same way Enel could restart his heart with his electricity. Matter of fact, don flamingos fruit might be the GOAT all around fruit

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I like gear 5 but i'm not feeling the sudden devil fruit change because I feel like it's creating some inconsistencies. Luffy has been known for quite some time now but the Gorosei is only reacting now :patrice: ? They heard that Luffy's power had rubber properties and never made the connection with Sun God Nika until Wano ? Kinda iffy about this one until we get further explanations.

Besides don't zoan users have to transform into their zoan state ? Luffy always acted like a paramecia with passive abilities but now he's supposedly in a whole other category.

I don't mind the goofy stuff because this has always been in One Piece, but this new development feels like some asspull for now :mjlol:

:mjlol: He's the destined one.

BujuBoombastic

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
So Luffy fruit is a legendary Zion fruit
I was not expecting this
I wonder what it could be?
The fighting is comical looney tunes shyt
:mjlol:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Not feeling the limitless part of G5 but we'll see how this goes.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I feel you...that's kinda why I've been leaning toward theories that make Luffy less "chosen by fate" and more "chosen by the people who pass on Will." Read Romance Dawn back and treat it like a training arc.
- Shanks' crew teaches Luffy what being a pirate is about and the importance of freedom.
- Luffy says he got a pistol punch to shanks before he eats the devil fruit.
- Shanks jokes about Luffy not being able to swim before he eats the devil fruit. (these past two points are why I think he may have let Luffy get the fruit on purpose)
- Shanks gives Luffy the strawhat not just as a gift, but to mark that he's learned Gol D Roger's will.

Wano and a lot of recent stuff feels like it's about how our precursors and mentors pass their wills on to us. I'd like to think that OP is gonna show how Ace, Shanks, and a gang of others were the ones who "chose" Luffy rather than some fated ish. But I'm stuck on Oden setting a timeline...that seems too much like a sign of everyone having destinies.

edit: no evidence for this bit but is just makes sense in my head canon with the theory in mind - I’d guess that shanks went there intending to return roger’s hat (and possibly give that legendary fruit) to Roger’s son. But then he met Luffy and changed his mind. That could explain him sticking around for over a year to prep Luffy and ace hating Roger helps the idea along.

I think this guess has more legs than ever, the Ohara cat basically does this theory but way better than I typed it out in this video he just dropped...but a lot more fleshed out and explained.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't like the idea of it being a mythical Zoan in the form of a man with his own powers. Very weird concept. Luffy's fruit is like suped up version of Chopper's which doesn't feel right.

The rubber abilities granting him toon force type of abilities is an intresting twist and very consistent with this series' logic. This is the same logic where dudes fixed their mangled teeth by drinking a glass of milk. Its in character for luffy.