Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Man i still wanna have faith in oda but this shiet officially jumped the shark today. Some more shyte like this and one piece is going to become bleach.

Why didnt we see this shiet any other time luffy 'died' or got his ass beaten 6 ways from sunday. Where was this power at on shabondy?:francis::unimpressed::skip::beli:

Kakashi getting two sharingans at the end of naruto makes more sense then this:beli:
I'm sure it will be better explained, but IMO its not too bad in terms of the shonen genre. The WG did mention that the devil fruits "have a mind of their own". Could easily be explained away as Luffy finally put in the hours (aka getting his ass beat over the years) for the DF to acknowledge him. Plus, you have other clues that the collective mindset of many towards a liberator brings out the power, which is pretty obvious given that Luffy liberates every island he comes across.

Daps
So they have human human God type fruits huh? ---

Sengoku probably has one too, Buddah type.
Maybe Enil didn't just have a God complex because he had a human human, Thunder God type Fruit.... Imu has to have one
Or Luffy is who Enel thinks he is:lolbron:

Man i still wanna have faith in oda but this shiet officially jumped the shark today. Some more shyte like this and one piece is going to become bleach.

Why didnt we see this shiet any other time luffy 'died' or got his ass beaten 6 ways from sunday. Where was this power at on shabondy?:francis::unimpressed::skip::beli:

Kakashi getting two sharingans at the end of naruto makes more sense then this:beli:
Has Luffy ever gotten his ass beat harder or faced someone more threatening than Kaido? Closest I can recall him being to death before this is Thriller Bark and Impel Down. Both times he got "healed" before he could die

Death in One Piece is a weird thing so its kind of hard to discuss with real life principles but I'm pretty sure Oda has planned how this would unfold since at least Dressrosa because:

-Kaido can't die but desperately wants to
-Kaido is obsessed with Joyboy
-Kaido is top dog of the SMILE fruit trade, the defective fruits that force people to appear joyful

I can understand your concern for sure because a lot of people seem worried that Luffy is a chosen one God now, but I think Oda has navigated enough long term story telling beats to get the benefit of the doubt for where hes going with this

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Breh i'm vexed. I was sitting here all high and mighty talking about don't read the spoilers like we were about to have a real GOAT moment. Lufy going to beat Kaido by making him run into a painted tunnel on the wall.

vV5p5q.gif

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Sorry, but the BS that people deal with in OP is more than dark enough.

Like the wars where nobody dies?

I wanted Luffy's next step to make him more dangerous - in appearance as well as abilities. Not a cartoon.

I'm going to see where Oda takes this, though.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Like the wars where nobody dies?

I wanted Luffy's next step to make him more dangerous - in appearance as well as abilities. Not a cartoon.

I'm going to see where Oda takes this, though.
Funny enough, he's still able to portray some fukked up stories even with folks rarely dying. Oden's story is one of the more tragic ones I've read that I actually cared about the death.

We know Oda does not go with conventional thinking. Gear 4 was dangerous looking enough, and is a great design still IMO.
With this new ability tho..it can be taken anywhere. Very much looking forward to what this man comes up with next :whew:

LEEeveryday

The-Coli Music Critic
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#LyricsMatter
Look at how he had Kaido's eyes.:mjlol:

Then
flinstones-bam.gif
:russ:

op_tcb_1044_warrior_012.png

I didn't binge One Piece in 2 years, be on the fence about the goofiness to even get started - get drawn in by the story, only to be turned off again by the goofiness. I knew this shyt was goofy since Arlong Park and all the Fish Men were dressed like favela henchmen.

I'm riding this until the wheels fall off. I'm just waiting to see Luffytunes run on water or flying in the air like
fbd4fad58812ea689e1cb7fed12d4953.gif

Luken

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto/ Jersey / ATL / LA / Panoramic Roofs
Look at how he had Kaido's eyes.:mjlol:

Then
flinstones-bam.gif
:russ:

op_tcb_1044_warrior_012.png

I didn't binge One Piece in 2 years, be on the fence about the goofiness to even get started - get drawn in by the story, only to be turned off again by the goofiness. I knew this shyt was goofy since Arlong Park and all the Fish Men were dressed like favela henchmen.

I'm riding this until the wheels fall off. I'm just waiting to see Luffytunes run on water or flying in the air like
fbd4fad58812ea689e1cb7fed12d4953.gif

:dead:

Falcozer

Superstar
Daps
I like gear 5 but i'm not feeling the sudden devil fruit change because I feel like it's creating some inconsistencies. Luffy has been known for quite some time now but the Gorosei is only reacting now :patrice: ? They heard that Luffy's power had rubber properties and never made the connection with Sun God Nika until Wano ? Kinda iffy about this one until we get further explanations.

Besides don't zoan users have to transform into their zoan state ? Luffy always acted like a paramecia with passive abilities but now he's supposedly in a whole other category.

I don't mind the goofy stuff because this has always been in One Piece, but this new development feels like some asspull for now :mjlol:

Last edited:

4-Rin

Superstar
Daps
If anyone is wondering if Luffy is overpowered, he's not. You have to remember whats waiting for him at the end of the road is Blackbeard with 2 OP devil fruits. Anyone BB touches loses their powers and he's a walking black hole that sucks everything to him. Mixed with Whitebeards power he's broken. Scariest part of it is we haven't seen his awakening yet :damn:. His darkness awakening will put the world of one piece into permanent nightfall then Luffy the sun gawd will restore the light :wow:

For those saying Gear 5 is too goofy, one piece has been goofy. It just took a more serious turn the past couple of years. Just look at the introduction of Blackbeard or Buggy right at the beginning. Blackbeard has been comedy, breh has the lowest pain tolerance and weeps after every hit. His fight against Gear 5 will be jokes.

gtj1982

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
America's Darkside--210
shyts hilarious how
it seems that anything he comes into contact with also gets the comical treatment. Gonna be some funny ass beatdowns in the future I think

G5 is luffy's Spiderverse suit in Miles Morales video game status "BOOM!" "POW!".

I like gear 5 but i'm not feeling the sudden devil fruit change because I feel like it's creating some inconsistencies. Luffy has been known for quite some time now but the Gorosei is only reacting now :patrice: ? They heard that Luffy's power had rubber properties and never made the connection with Sun God Nika until Wano ? Kinda iffy about this one until we get further explanations.

Besides don't zoan users have to transform into their zoan state ? Luffy always acted like a paramecia with passive abilities but now he's supposedly in a whole other category.

I don't mind the goofy stuff because this has always been in One Piece, but this new development feels like some asspull for now :mjlol:

But he was transforming the whole time. Look at all the Gear 4 transformations or how he would shrink or get big with gear 3. Also he could produce flames which had nothing to do with rubber. Look at all the different transformations chopper has.