Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

KingDanz

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A18SwIAh9mL.jpg

While flipping through my copy of The Encyclopedia of Things That Never Were by Michael Page and Robert Ingpen, looking for a creature for today’s article, I stumbled upon this listing for Joyboy:

The West Indian character who personifies the human need to dance, sing, and jubilate.” (p. 26) He travelled to the Caribbean with West African slaves and has been cited as a source of inspiration by some jazz musicians.

While he’s more of a god or a muse than a creature, it got me thinking that pantheons in the past used to be huge and often had a character whose job it was to inspire joy, revelry and - in cases of excess - chaos.

Goda :wow:

d5f.png

Sun God Nikka :wow:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
- Chapter 1.019: "Heliceratops".
- Sanji Vs. Queen at the beginning of the chapter, we also see Zoro.
- Luffy seems to wake up in the Hearts Pirates submarine and yells "Carneee ~~~ !!!".
- Franky Vs. Sasaki. The title of the chapter is an attack by Sasaki.
- The great part of the chapter is the combat between them and it seems that the duel is decided.
- The final part is Kaidou Vs. Yamato, where we see his hybrid form. I don't know what Akuma no Mi is yet.
- Kaidou says he had a hard time getting the Akuma no Mi that Yamato ate.
- Yamato ate it (because he was hungry) even though Kaidou hadn't thought of giving it to him.
- Next week there is a break from the full Jump.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Is it just me or did the art look weird this chapter? Or was it just the scan?

Frankie getting a W is nice. The General got wrecked though. Need to see how Robin v. Black Maria plays out now.

I still don't care for Yamato.