Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
why not?

its known that OP the wacky feature of recovery thru simple little naps and eating happens.

I think the better critique is, that its redundant. As i said we already know that OP is a wacky Verse and that in it. Characters can recover like crazy

we seen usopp with a crushed skull in Alabasta get up in a urgent matter because chopper was gon eat his food

NVM the string as hell ones like Luffy and Zoro with crazy bodies and can recover in a instant.

so all in all i think a super recovery was not needed. Zoro given what we seen should have just recovered on his own.
Those are more like gags though. This just seems too convenient. It's too close to a senzu bean.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Those are more like gags though. This just seems too convenient. It's too close to a senzu bean.
they are not treated like gags, we saw Usopp get his skull crush and still fight

hell we saw that again this arc with him and Nami getting fukked up by Ulti and they still kept moving. Thats not a gag.

characters in OP recover quick, this is a clear as day feature we see in the series.

Last edited:

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
and even if it was a "gag" gags in OP tend to become part of the main/or serious parts of the series via their recurrence or blatantly used in serious parts of the story for actual narrative purposes

See Sanji and his hell memories powers. which went from gag in TB to actual abilities he can use.

so gag or no gag(i think its not a gag but whatev) it exist and is a feature you see in the OPverse among characters on speedy recovery

and i can understand the conveinence issue you have. but i think the existence of it is not that big of a problem. Having something like that does make sense
given what we know on chopper and how he takes care of the SH when injured. so it makes sense he comes up with something like that.

To me this is just a needed progression as Chopper is showing more improvement as a doctor

I just think its not needed for a character like Zoro, like i said hes of the monster ilk who has a crazy body that can bound back fast in OP via nap time, and eating.
It would have been better to have that for characters like Nami.

zerorequiem

All Star
Daps
I don't know. They say once the medicine wears off, the user will have twice the pain as they had before. So the side effect is severe and could put Zoro out for a good while after the battle. Also, something like this doesn't happen often in OP either. There is really no other way to get him back in the fight since there really isn't any other devil fruit besides Mansherry who can heal. I could be wrong though.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Also, something like this doesn't happen often in OP either. There is really no other way to get him back in the fight since there really isn't any other devil fruit besides Mansherry who can heal. I could be wrong though.
the reason this doesnt happen that often is because something like this where a character is that battered like Zoro hasnt really happened as often

zoros condition is saved for when SHs fight the arc's villian is the usual case.

this is a rare time where someone in zoro's condition has a whole other fight ahead of them

a DF is not the end all, as said. OP characters esp ones like Luffy and zoro heal quickly. zoro is someone who could heal after a nap/rest no different than what Luffy did in dressrosa.

the elixir I have no issue with it all, espescially as stuff like this(special elixirs) has been in OP going back to the Hero Water in Alabasta with the elite guard of Alabasta taking it.

but i do think Zoro was not the character needed for the elixir. it could have been used in another way

Last edited:

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
It being more of an adrenaline boost with severe side effects than a full on heal.
How does that change things tho? its still the same thing.

the side effects are hardly side effects to rule out the potion. It does what it has to by being the thing to restore Zoro to fight again in this arc

its similar to all the "i cant do this technique because it will drain all my energy" shyt you see in series like DBZ/ Naruto/ and even One Piece

small side effects, that dont really mean anything or balance the dues ex machina from being a convenient tool used in a story.

so "full on heal" or not its still a "conveinent" story plot item used to drive to point b of the story.

And thats nothing new in OP as OP has been doing this, its a shonen story and your gonna get stuff like this

we saw Asura(Zoro) happen out of nowhere and even more so with the fact that Haki has "chrisis boost" to it. that stuff like this will happen

and its been happening since Alabasta, hell im a zoro fan. But Zoro gets alot of dues ex machina boost/help going back to the "Breath of All Things" power boost

sorry for the long post, i just dont see how the "side effects" changes anything

its not like the side effects are gonna be a mainstay, we all know Zoro is gonna bounce back being his regular self after Kaido is defeated

Last edited:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Wano seems like it wont end till fall or winter of 2022.

Sounds right, although (from what I understand about Japanese Kabuki plays) usually Act 3 is the longest and Act 5 is very short, so it might end a little sooner depending on how much longer Act 3 is.

I definitely don't see Wano ending this year in any case. Which I'm fine with, because Oda said in an interview that once Wano is over One Piece is in the endgame.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Sounds right, although (from what I understand about Japanese Kabuki plays) usually Act 3 is the longest and Act 5 is very short, so it might end a little sooner depending on how much longer Act 3 is.
you have to factor in the breaks he takes every 2-3 chapters.

i also think oda is gonna go unorthodox with the kabuki plays he might do the full act 5 play thing. or he might just do 4 acts.

we dont know, oda can and will do whatever he wants to do with One piece