Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I get and understand the premise of the show, what episode do I have to watch to not see filler and not watch 15 hours also?

One Piece Filler List | The Ultimate Anime Filler Guide

But I mean...the series has been running since the 90s. There's really not all that much filler, any way you do it you'll have to put some time in.

By the time you finish the Arlong Park arc (somewhere in the mid 40s of episodes I think) you should know if the show is for you or not.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I get and understand the premise of the show, what episode do I have to watch to not see filler and not watch 15 hours also?
If you fukk with Torrents, this fan project condensed the anime into manga pacing.

Closest to DBZ Kai that we have for OP

One Pace

The G-8 arc in One Piece with Condoriano is one of the greatest filler arcs ever :pachaha:

Con D. Oriano :wow:

G-8 was the best filler I ever watched. Fun plot, funny, likeable marines, well timed in between skypeia and Water 7, Condoriano was that nikka etc

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
G-8 was good like that? :ohhh:

I always just skipped it on GP due to being filler, might have to check that out.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
If I recall correctly the G8 arc, like a lot of the Logue Town stuff, was actually written by Oda and was a story he scrapped from the manga so he could proceed to the next arc. So when the anime needed filler, he just handed Toei his notes. Same thing with the filler arc after Enies Lobby - hell, a character from that arc actually appears in the main series later on.

skylake

Pro
Daps
Detailed spoilers for this week
Detailed summary thanks to Redon-

Chapter 1010: "Color of the Supreme King".

In the cover, Pudding and her homies are using eyedrops.

Zoro is cutting Prometheus into so many pieces that it can't help Big Mom. Law comments how crazy Zoro is, saying that he wouldn't be surprised if every bone in Zoro's body is already broken.

Kaidou: "Damn! That pathetic Linlin... Now I'll have to help her too!!"

Kaido attacks Zoro (calling him "Pirate Hunter") and orders him to let Prometheus go to help Big Mom. Law warps Zoro out of the way and appears right in front of Kaidou. Then he shoots his "Injection Shot" right at Kaidou's neck, making him cough up blood.

Kaidou attacks Law with his kanabou. Law uses a new technique called "Curtain" (抗菌武装 (カーテン)) to defend himself but Kaidou blows out of the way.

Kaidou: "How troublesome is your ability, Trafalgar!!"

Both Prometheus and Napoleon use this chance to jump down to save Big Mom. Zoro complains why Law helped him since it allows the homies to go help Big Mom.

Law: "Just let them go. If someone has to end up dying because of my plan, I'd prefer my plan fails."

Kid says this is more than enough already, since the goal was just to separate the 2 Yonkou from each other. Kid and Killer then run towards Big Mom's direction, saying that they will take on Big Mom themselves.

Cut to below the island. Prometheus saved Big Mom right before she hits the sea. Big Mom praises Prometheus then complains how useless Zeus is. Prometheus says Zeus has always been slow, stupid and just a burden for Big Mom.

Prometheus: "Mama, I have a request."

Cut back to Kid and Killer. They stop at the edge of Onigashima. Kid comments how there's something weird going on with the clouds...

Back to Onigashima's rooftop, Luffy is unconscious with his eyes turning white. Kaidou laughs, then says that it's just like last time. Even after passing out, Luffy wouldn't stop staring at him. Kaidou wonders whether he should crush first, if Luffy's eyes, brain or heart.

Zoro tells Law that the next attack he uses would be the last thing he can manage to do. If it doesn't work, then he's going to die so he's leaving the rest to Law.

Zoro: "Hey Kaidou! That guy is our captain.If you wanna crush him, then crush me first!!"

Zoro draws his swords.

Zoro: "Kiki Kyuutouryuu: Ashura (Ghastly Nine Sword Style: Asura)Bakkei Mouja no Tawamure (Drawing Sword, Playing with the Dead - 抜剣 亡者戯)!!!"

Kaido is struck by Zoro's attack with lot of blood coming out.

Kaido: "Brat... Don't tell me you have the "color of the supreme king" too!!?"

Zoro: "What the hell are you talking about... I have no idea myself..."

Then Zoro falls to the ground.

Zoro: "I gave everything for this attack. Too bad it can't manage to bring Kaidou down...!!"

Kaido: "You did more than enough. This is gonna leave a scar!!"

Kaido is about to finish off Zoro with his kanabou. Law attacks him but he and Zoro are blown away by Kaidou's "Raimei Hakke".

Kaidou: "It's such a shame. If you all come with me, we'd have taken the world together!!"

Suddenly, Kaidou hears Luffy's voice from behind him.

Luffy: "With you? We would never want to go with you. We all love "samurai", you know?"

We can see a little flashback to when Hyougorou teaches Luffy not to just force Haki out, but let it flow to his fist and into enemy's body.

Hyougorou: "Your power will bloom in the time of crisis!!"

Luffy: "My attacks were still too shallow...But after taken you kanabou, I now understand."Color of the Supreme King" can be used to "cover" yourself as well!"

Kaidou: "Worororororo...!!It's true, but only a handful of people can manage to do that!!!"

Kaidou attacks Luffy again but Luffy blocks the kanabou with his feet without even touching it. There's lot of black thunder coming out from around his feet. Luffy then jumps at Kaidou with black lighting around his fist. He then hits Kaidou's stomach and chin (without touching him) until Kaidou hits the ground.

Law: "They aren't even touching...!!" (He uses the same phrase Oden said when he saw Roger and Whitebeard clashed).

Luffy: "Zoro, Torao... Thank you for protecting me until now.Both of you can go downstairs now!!Tell the other... that no matter what happens, I will win!!!"

More from Redon-

• Yes, Kaidou has taken quite a few blows in this chapter, but he is not affected by them at all (beyond a few gasps). Even Zoro's attack does not affect him that much (although he is going to leave a scar) since after receiving it he is still standing, he turns around, talks to Zoro and then attacks them as usual.
  • "And yes, Luffy's blows have been very powerful and have damaged him, but I'm sure he will get up like nothing the next time we see him."

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
some are saying Zoro has Conquerors cause of this

but i think his statement with Kaido is mean to falsely mislead us to think Asura and his demonic powers is Conqueorors. But i think its quite clear oda is just tricking us with that.

Zoros weird demonic aura/abilties has been oda leading us to believe its CoC Haki but i think its oda playing with us to think it is when its something else.

4-Rin

Superstar
Daps
That final line :whew: :banderas::blessed:

young PK is finally Yonkou level :ohlawd:

Reminds of of the moment in while cake island when he broke the mirror and said he'll kick katakuri's ass :obama:

Objection

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
some are saying Zoro has Conquerors cause of this

but i think his statement with Kaido is mean to falsely mislead us to think Asura and his demonic powers is Conqueorors. But i think its quite clear oda is just tricking us with that.

Zoros weird demonic aura/abilties has been oda leading us to believe its CoC Haki but i think its oda playing with us to think it is when its something else.
They have been hinting at it for a while now. It would be kind of weak for a yonkou to mistake something else as conquerors haki.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
They have been hinting at it for a while now. It would be kind of weak for a yonkou to mistake something else as conquerors haki.
hence why i said what i said, Zoro showing hints like how he was able to freeze the Harpy on PH, the ground quaking, and this is meant to mislead us. When really, he doesnt have CoC he has something else. Look at the sumo guy who made a remark on Zoro's demonic aura but not Luffy who has CoC

Kaido is not even sure that was Conquerors haki. these story elements and events are meant to be a red herring in storytelling which is what ODA seems to be doing.(maybe hes not, but it seems like it to me)

Zoros demonic abilities are far to different to be that. We seen other CoC users and none of them have shown what Zoro has been able to do. Even the ability to scare people like Zoro shown is different than how CoC users do it.

this aspect of Zoro is to unique . again we seen other CoC users and none of them have feats quite like Zoro nor has anyone made any remarks about them like they do Zoro