Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
Do I think Sanji is going to fight the second strongest henchmen to the arc antagonist? Yeah lol thats what he does like every other arc in this series. Idk why so many people get irrational about Zoro vs Sanji when they're two totally different characters occupying different niches. Sanji got a power up last arc he has used twice and neither time did he go all out with it. You really think its a stretch for him to beat any of Kaido's face cards?
yes its a stretch, one of the flying 6 sure but the big three is a hard no. you think a suit is going to make sanji go from nearly breaking his leg against vergo to beating a yonkou commander level fighter. luffy barley beat two but sanji is gonna do it lol?

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
yes its a stretch, one of the flying 6 sure but the big three is a hard no. you think a suit is going to make sanji go from nearly breaking his leg against vergo to beating a yonkou commander level fighter. luffy barley beat two but sanji is gonna do it lol?
Sanji didn't have the Raid suit when he faced Vergo. :manny:

Sanji getting the Raid suit and Zoro getting Enma powered each of them up to handle the fights they are in now. It's really that simple.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
Sanji didn't have the Raid suit when he faced Vergo. :manny:

Sanji getting the Raid suit and Zoro getting Enma powered each of them up to handle the fights they are in now. It's really that simple.
i stand by what i said, no raid so is gonna close a gap that large...marco will continue to stall em out. u think sanji is beating katakuri or cracker with that suit?

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
i stand by what i said, no raid so is gonna close a gap that large...marco will continue to stall em out. u think sanji is beating katakuri or cracker with that suit?
do you not realize the suit boost alot of things for sanji

His speed
Durability

The only question left is his striking power

Its not about him beating katakuri but that he has a powerup with the raid and can fight queen and king possibly.

Daps
So there are two sides to how I see this. Side A is that One Piece's power scaling isn't like your average Shonen. There are tiers of power no doubt but characters slide up and the tiers based on matchups

Side B is this is consistent to how Oda portrays Sanji
-Beats one of Arlong's fishmen before beaing beat up by Arlong to showcase his power
-Never got to scrap with Baroque Works until Mr. 2 but this allowed him to flex his IQ
-Smited by Enel saving Nami/Usopp and allow Usopp's plan to go off
-Embarassed by that bubble bytch before stomping out the wolf
-Got his shadow put in a dogpenguin:mjlol: but put his simp powers to good use:ehh:
-Got sent to Okama island for 2 years:mjlol:
-Beat fodder Newfishmen:ehh:
-fukked up his leg vs Vergo
-Got done up in the sky by Doffy
-Got shackled by his fam for an arc but made a fire cake:takedat:
-Currently caught in a spiderweb due to his simping tendencies

Oda protects how he writes Zoro because Zoro's ambition is to be the world's greatest swordsman. Sanji is just a scrappy cook, fighting ain't got shyt to do with his dreams. Sanji can look like the biggest bytch and then put in 4th Quarter crunch time work to pad his stats (See Enies Lobby). He's the Straw Hats and Oda's swiss army knife. However you need Sanji portrayed he can do it

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some thoughts on this chapter:

Poor Sanji. Luffy and Zoro are on the front lines handling business with the supernovas while he's stuck simping for Black Maria.
This is looking a lot like the Enies Lobby arc when Nami came through to rescue Sanji and challenge Kalifa.

Nico Robin is long overdue for a legit fight, so I'm glad Oda's hyping her up, and I'm definitely hoping she'll take on Black Maria.
At this point, I think Oda has probably been lowkey sidelining Robin for two main reasons.

1. First, it must be hard to write legit challenging fights for Robin due to the nature of her powers.
She gonna have problems fighting logia users without haki, and if you set her up against a regular person with no fruit powers, she'll just instantly end the fight like this:
IzkA2Jm.jpg

2. She knows too much. She's already the only person who can read the poneglyphs (which is why Kaido and Big Mom want her alive). Plus, spent two years soaking up game from the revolutionaries and learning a lot of their secrets. From a writing standpoint, there's only so much that Robin can say or do without spilling the beans on Dragon's backstory, the void century, or the truth about the ancient weapons.
In certain scenarios it wouldn't make sense for Robin NOT to answer these questions.
It's a lot easier to sideline the character than it is to walk on eggshells trying to carefully write every scene so that she doesn't spoil the audience on all of these major plot points we aren't supposed to really know yet.

2f659843210dff9a1f989e47f0b27c37499853ef_hq.jpg

But now that Sanji's hyping her up, this could be a sign that Oda's finally figured the character out. Either that or Oda's more more comfortable giving her the spotlight since he knows the endgame is on the horizon. Who knows?

Bringing the conversation back to Sanji, I like the point that @Smoking With Cigarettes made about Sanji being the swiss army knife of the crew. I thought the handling of the character in Alabasta was brilliant in terms of how Sanji got to flex his IQ even though he didn't get to do much fighting until the end of the Alabasta arc. You're also right that fighting has nothing to do with his dream.

With Luffy and Zoro occupied with the Yonkou, I think Sanji is going to take on King or Queen. Marco could use some backup, and it'll be perfect opportunity to showcase some more raid suit action. Sanji really needs a W at this point.
I'm also going to be very surprised if we don't see monster Chopper at any point in this fight. Maybe Chopper will come through to help Nami, Usopp, and Tama once he's finished with that cure for the ice disease everyone had.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
End of series I would love if Franky built an actual____ing Gundam :mjlol: :dead:

I could actually see him really doing that, to be honest.
When the Strawhats challenge Blackbeard and his crew in the end, somebody's going to have to square up with this dude:
77om0.jpg

I know that picture is way too big, but so is the character himself. It is what it is :yeshrug:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Some thoughts on this chapter:

Poor Sanji. Luffy and Zoro are on the front lines handling business with the supernovas while he's stuck simping for Black Maria.
This is looking a lot like the Enies Lobby arc when Nami came through to rescue Sanji and challenge Kalifa.

Nico Robin is long overdue for a legit fight, so I'm glad Oda's hyping her up, and I'm definitely hoping she'll take on Black Maria.
At this point, I think Oda has probably been lowkey sidelining Robin for two main reasons.

1. First, it must be hard to write legit challenging fights for Robin due to the nature of her powers.
She gonna have problems fighting logia users without haki, and if you set her up against a regular person with no fruit powers, she'll just instantly end the fight like this:
IzkA2Jm.jpg

2. She knows too much. She's already the only person who can read the poneglyphs (which is why Kaido and Big Mom want her alive). Plus, spent two years soaking up game from the revolutionaries and learning a lot of their secrets. From a writing standpoint, there's only so much that Robin can say or do without spilling the beans on Dragon's backstory, the void century, or the truth about the ancient weapons.
In certain scenarios it wouldn't make sense for Robin NOT to answer these questions.
It's a lot easier to sideline the character than it is to walk on eggshells trying to carefully write every scene so that she doesn't spoil the audience on all of these major plot points we aren't supposed to really know yet.

2f659843210dff9a1f989e47f0b27c37499853ef_hq.jpg

Great points about Robin and that made me think about all of the foreshadowing that Robin is gonna get kidnapped in this arc. Kaido and BM both want her. I wouldn't be surprised if CP0 got involved too. You're right that she probably knows too much. Her being captured while Sabo is already being held then that would be the perfect reason for a Strawhats x Revolutionary Army team-up arc.

FooFighters

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Great points about Robin and that made me think about all of the foreshadowing that Robin is gonna get kidnapped in this arc. Kaido and BM both want her. I wouldn't be surprised if CP0 got involved too. You're right that she probably knows too much. Her being captured while Sabo is already being held then that would be the perfect reason for a Strawhats x Revolutionary Army team-up arc.
Luffy might actually ask his Dad important questions

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The One Piece global popularity poll is still in progress:

ONE PIECE WORLD TOP100

Did any of you coli brehs vote?

The mid-term character rankings are in. These are the top 10 most popular characters so far:

OVERALL Mid-Term Character Popularity Rankings:

1. Monkey D. Luffy
2. Roronoa Zoro
3. Sanji
4. Trafalgar Law
5. Portgas D. Ace
6. Nico Robin
7. Nami
8. Sabo
9. Boa Hancock
10. Shanks

Overall Rankings 11-50:
11. Yamato
12. Charlotte Katakuri
13. Donquizoe Rosinante
14. Usopp
15. Tony Tony Chopper
16. Sir Crocodile (Mr. 0)
17. Carrot
18. Marco the Phoenix
19. Jinbei
20. Bentham (Mr. 2 Bon Kurei)
21. Nefertari Vivi
22. Kozuki Oden
23. Brook
24. Perona
25. Donquixote Doflamingo
26. Eustass Kid
27. Woop Slap (the mayor of Luffy's hometown)
28. Dracule Mihawk
29. Whitebead (Edward Newgate)
30. Franky
31. Going Merry
32. Smoker
33. Silvers Rayleigh
34. Buggy the Clown
35. Enel
36. Kuzan (Aokiji)*
37. Bartolomeo
38. Marshall D. Teach (Blackbeard)
39. Monkey D. Garp
40. Rob Lucci
41. Koby
42. Vinsmoke Reiju
43. Tashigi
44. Gol D. Roger
45. Kaku
46. Shirahoshi
47. Issho (Fujitora)
48. Kikunojo (O-Kiku)
49. Pell
50. Kozuki Hiyori

Note: Pudding is 51st, X Drake is 53rd, Kizaru and Akainu are currently at spots 55 and 56, and Kaido is 68th. Big Mom is 84th. Pandaman is 86th.

Region Specific Mid-Term Character Popularity Rankings:
Japan
1. Monkey D. Luffy
2. Roronoa Zoro
3. Sanji
4. Trafalgar Law
5. Portgas D. Ace
6. Sabo
7. Donquixote Rosinante (Corazon)
8. Boa Hancock
9. Shanks
10. Nico Robin

USA:
1. Monkey D. Luffy
2. Roronoa Zoro
3. Sanji
4. Nico Robin
5. Trafalgar Law
6. Yamato
7. Woop Slap (The mayor of Luffy's Hometown)
8. Usopp
9. Charlotte Katakuri
10. Nami

Europe:
1. Roronoa Zoro
2. Monkey D. Luffy
3. Trafalgar Law
4. Sanji
5. Nico Robin
6. Nami
7. Portgas D. Ace
8. Usopp
9. Yamato
10. Shanks

Latin America/Carribean:
1. Roronoa Zoro
2. Monkey D. Luffy
3. Sanji
4. Nico Robin
5. Carrot
6. Trafalgar Law
7. Nami
8. Yamato
9. Usopp
10. Boa Hancock

---
Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, and Robin are consistently the four most popular Strawhats, with Usopp and Nami fighting for 5th place.

Law and Hancock are crazy popular, and Ace is still getting love all these years later.
People have to be trolling with all of those Woop Slap votes though :mjlol: