Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

Switch

All Star
Daps
Some of you are sleeping on Sanji.

I'm a strong believer that Zoro is closer to Luffy in strength than Sanji is to Zoro.
Also, Zoro taking on and beating a yonkou first mate/1st commander at this point in the story, without fighting an in-between villain on Doflamingo and Crackers level, means that he was stronger than Luffy coming out of the time skip.

Eh not really Oda gave him a power up in the form of Enma, current Zoro isn’t the same as the one who showed up first at Sabaody.

Besides Zoro would never follow someone weaker than him, this was re established during Fishman Island.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'm a strong believer that Zoro is closer to Luffy in strength than Sanji is to Zoro.
Also, Zoro taking on and beating a yonkou first mate/1st commander at this point in the story, without fighting an in-between villain on Doflamingo and Crackers level, means that he was stronger than Luffy coming out of the time skip.

There's no way Zoro was stronger than Luffy after the timeskip.

Remember, even though Luffy didn't use it until Dressrosa, he had G4 from the start of the timeskip. There's no way Zoro just after the timeskip is doing anything against Gear Fourth.

Samson

Wholesome Black Man
Daps
Reppin
Haitian Gang
Some of you are sleeping on Sanji.

Where do you currently rank Sanji? How strong do you think he is now?
Pre timeskip, it felt like a true Monster trio, now it's clear that there's a gap big enough for Jinbei and potential Yamato to be in between Zoro and Sanji in terms of power.

Eh not really Oda gave him a power up in the form of Enma, current Zoro isn’t the same as the one who showed up first at Sabaody.

Besides Zoro would never follow someone weaker than him, this was re established during Fishman Island.

I don't view Enma as a power up. Zoro is not generating more haki, learning a new technique, or improving his physical stats. Enma is increasing his efficiency with it, not helping his strength or speed.

There's no way Zoro was stronger than Luffy after the timeskip.

Remember, even though Luffy didn't use it until Dressrosa, he had G4 from the start of the timeskip. There's no way Zoro just after the timeskip is doing anything against Gear Fourth.

G4 was struggling against commanders (Cracker and Dogtooth), Zoro beats a 1st commander without any of the in-between fights that Luffy needed to have (with G4) and struggle with to get stronger, means, Zoro was already on that level. So, time will tell whether or not he was.

Switch

All Star
Daps
Where do you currently rank Sanji? How strong do you think he is now?
Pre timeskip, it felt like a true Monster trio, now it's clear that there's a gap big enough for Jinbei and potential Yamato to be in between Zoro and Sanji in terms of power.

I don't view Enma as a power up. Zoro is not generating more haki, learning a new technique, or improving his physical stats. Enma is increasing his efficiency with it, not helping his strength or speed.

Sanji is still part of that trio it’s pretty telling Oda didn’t have Jinbei join until Sanji/Zoro received power ups. This is no different to Franky looking close to Luffy in water 7 until it was made clear that Zoro/Sanji were levels above him in Enies Lobby.

As for Enma it is clearly a power up this is what Zoro said after receiving it
BEB5mYF.jpg
He’s clearly going to be stronger once he masters it, it’s a power up.

Samson

Wholesome Black Man
Daps
Reppin
Haitian Gang
Zoro is not stronger than Luffy:stopitslime:

I don't want to get misunderstood. My point is not that Zoro is stronger than Luffy. It's that coming out of the time skip, a strong argument can be made that Zoro was stronger at that time. Which I will believe depending on who Zoro's end match up is for Wano.

Enma is a powerup because every sword upgrade Zoro has he'd vocally state about the sword's capabilities like in whiskey peak when he jus got the 2 new swords

its a continuing narrative beat that oda isnt gonna stray from but ion personally think zoro's first major fight in the new world is gonna be against a yonko commander solo i think its more likely he faces a flying 6 member or several or teams up wit killer to face a yonko commander before facing Kaido along wit Luffy, Kid etc

The pictures are not showing up for me.

Sanji is still part of that trio it’s pretty telling Oda didn’t have Jinbei join until Sanji/Zoro received power ups. This is no different to Franky looking close to Luffy in water 7 until it was made clear that Zoro/Sanji were levels above him in Enies Lobby.

As for Enma it is clearly a power up this is what Zoro said after receiving it He’s clearly going to be stronger once he masters it, it’s a power up.

This is the 2nd time hearing this Franky thing, I started One Piece in 2011 and binged read/watch through so this Franky thing is wild to me. That thought of Franky on the Monster trio level never crossed my mind at any point.
Dang, I cannot go against what Zoro said but it's weird to consider a more efficient Ryuo usage a power-up. I guess it's also improving his stamina.

brickflair

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
Seen a theory that SSG is Super Soldier Giants n that Vegapunk has perfected the giant experiments because the government has Oars Jr body from the war

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
That last panel:banderas:. Can't see Oda disrespecting King/Queen in their first real showing so I def can see the SHs losing/getting saved by Marco.

At this point it would be kind of wack IMO if they had to get saved by somebody. How are they going to take down Kaido if they can't even deal with his goons?

Personally I think they're going to win. I'm sure it'll be extremely difficult but still.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box

ZoGAWD BEEN stronger than Luffy. the GAWD just been biding his time.. he finna flex hard body