Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Now that you mention it, Luffy was a walking L pre timeskip.
He lost to Smoker, lost to Crocodile twice, lost to Lucci, lost to Magellan, lost to Kuzan, lost at Sabaody. Got wrecked at marineford. Only loss post timeskip was Kaido.
With that said we know Kaido has only lost in battle 7 times. If I was to guess he probably lost to Roger, Whitebeard, Garp, Sengoku, Big Mom and probably Shanks when he intercepted Kaido to prevent him from showing up at marineford.

and the point of the paramount saga and lost to Lucci was to drive home the point that he needs to get stronger.

since the beginning of part 2 hes become to strong for some and has been given the powerups to beat and match his opponents that are to strong like G4, Future sight, and now extra CoA abilties.

I have no issues with it. But to act like OP dont be doing power ups is absurd

this series has had several mid fight/action powerups from Zoro, Luffy, Sanji, Usopp, Chopper, etc

and im just talking mid fight ones, not ones in general like Zoro getting a cursed sword or Ryumas, or Usopp getting dials, Nami getting stronger clima tacts, etc.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
This aint about what you think is or isnt tho, this is facts its like arguing if he is a rubber man.
Luffys form of future sight is built off that. His futuresight is based off reading intent and his haki allowing him to see what they are gonna do hence his futuresight.
your post trying to breakdown to its basic form does not erase that he can see the future. Thats just descrbing how he does it.

https://w11.mangafreak.net/Read1_One_Piece_949

^^^go to page 16 of this
idk nor thing this is mangajump's translations, but these guy's translations are always close to Mangajumps. Plus Mangajump isnt always perfect either.

@4-Rin prolly has some mangajump scans or something.

you can even look at what other fans say

https://twitter.com/search?q=luffy future sight&src=recent_search_click

everyone acknowledges he sees the future

haki and specifically CoO is shaped around personality and who you are. Katakuri's future sight has a different way he sees it where he can hear it etc.

Luffys is based on seeing the intents of people even before they even happen
you posted some good scans, lowkey dnt remember that jail shyt with the old dude. its gonna be hard to known when its regular Obs vs future sight, but we can just assume if he's not out of haki (post G4 or long ass battle) then its future sight.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
bQXYRLE.jpg

So she witnessed Oden's execution found his journal and wants to carry on his will. She doesn't know that the scabbards are still alive either, so I wonder how that's going to play out.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
bQXYRLE.jpg

So she witnessed Oden's execution found his journal and wants to carry on his will. She doesn't know that the scabbards are still alive either, so I wonder how that's going to play out.

Think it’s a break next week too
Yes it’s a break it says on reddit

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Wait.... wait..... he was going to marry his daughter to one of Big Moms daughters...... is everyone aware that he is a woman?

I have so many questions. Like is Kaido liberal like that for a yonko, also Big mom too I assume?
:ehh:

Either way I need clarification

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
That Thunder bagua is interesting i didnt know what to make of it or assume it was another power because it could be one of Kaidos df abilties. Espescially the way the anime made it, you would think its a attack he got from his DFs

but the fact his daughter can use it. def defeats that and means its a technique you can learn

https://readjump.com/mangas/one-piece/984#3
^ what Ulti said plus translations

bagua = related to the 8 trigrams

Bagua - Wikipedia

this could be what Kaidos non-DF/haki abilties are. He could also be a user of whatever power there is in OP that relates to the 8 trigrams:ohhh:. Perhaps Kaido could control other elements in his regular form using this style like possibly wind? earth? maybe fire?

I def think its possibly, infact its been shown with BM that outside of her DF and Haki. She has another power she uses which is those fighting abilties/styles related to Elbaf.

so this 8 trigram thing is Kaido's answer to that.

and Yamato prolly knows it to, that smoke screen was prolly one of the abilties from that style.

Last edited:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
That Thunder bagua is interesting i didnt know what to make of it or assume it was another power because it could be one of Kaidos df abilties. Espescially the way the anime made it, you would think its a attack he got from his DFs

but the fact his daughter can use it. def defeats that and means its a technique you can learn

https://readjump.com/mangas/one-piece/984#3
^ what Ulti said plus translations

bagua = related to the 8 trigrams

Bagua - Wikipedia

this could be what Kaidos non-DF/haki abilties are. He could also be a user of whatever power there is in OP that relates to the 8 trigrams:ohhh:. Perhaps Kaido could control other elements in his regular form using this style like possibly wind? earth? maybe fire?

I def think its possibly, infact its been shown with BM that outside of her DF and Haki. She has another power she uses which is those fighting abilties/styles related to Elbaf.

so this 8 trigram thing is Kaido's answer to that.

and Yamato prolly knows it to, that smoke screen was prolly one of the abilties from that style.

I dunno...I always figured Thunder Baqua was just a fancy name for hitting somebody with a big ass club. :yeshrug:

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
So how far are we out from Yamato asking to travel with the Strawhats like Oden did with Roger? Because I want that ish to happen.
That very well could happen
Luffy is roger, and Yamato is Oden undoubtedly. and we take off from there

I just wonder what role would she fill out.

I dunno...I always figured Thunder Baqua was just a fancy name for hitting somebody with a big ass club. :yeshrug:
the anime shows its not with its electric features. the action of it is just swinging. But its more to it.

the anime gives more context to things oda cant show due to time restrictions but yeah you can see it here

Plus given the parallels between him and BM in some things as yonkous. I firmly believe Kaido has something that parallels what BM has with that Elbaf fighting style she shown back at WCI.

so as I said this is Kaidos answer to that

Kaido /BM
Dragon fruit / soul fruit
both got all types of haki
trigram Style ? / Elbaf Fighting style

how I see it

Last edited: