Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
MY THEORY ABOUT KAIDO / BIG MUM AND HIS FRUIT:

had a long ass discusison with my bro and something just clicked..

Who is Kaido , why can't he die and is he really a Dragon who ate a Oni fruit..

So guys remember when Kaido is in his human form. he has horns still which isnt a hat or a sword case like Jacks.. he has scale like attributes on his body. a very DURABLE skin that only was cut once/, the gawd body Oden.

My theory is Kaido was the Dragon that Ryuuma slayed.. remember the tale of his legend.. he slayed a huge dragon..

Kaido was this Dragon he slayed and killed.. Before he died he somehow found and ate the Oni fruit..

When he was about to die or potentially die (Brook died and came back to life with his fruit). BM used her soul soul fruit to bring him back to life, thinking he was a regular Human on the brink of death.

Makes sense why he is Immortal.. only BM can kill him.

Remember Kaido himself said ''he hates that he owes her''... what does he owe her ??? His LIFE !!

He hates his life which is why he continually tries to kill himself and BM refuses to release him from that pain. Remember they were on the Rocks ship together.. so she saved his life, they went on the Rocks ship.. fell out and went their separate ways..

Makes sense why he might be plotting to kill her at the end of Wano arc.. he kills her, she releases his soul as she dies. He can now finally die..

I could be wrong but it all makes sooooooooooooooo much sense.. It was never explained how he got to Wano.. but if he was a Dragon who resided in Wano until slayed by Ryuuma doesnt it make sense how he could come back and build his fortress in Onigoshima. that Giant sword prolly belongs to his owner who might have been an Oars ancestor

Im in my theory bag right now !!! it makes so much sense

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm re-reading the Alabasta arc in the manga... it's crazy how much of the story Oda had planned out in advance with the whole Ace/Blackbeard subplot.

The crew's antics had me rolling before they were even off the ship.
What's interesting about Ace is that he's after Blackbeard from the jump, and even offers to let Luffy join the Whitebeard pirates.
Blackbeard himself hasn't even been introduced at this point either.
The homie Mr. 2 Bon Kurei :banderas:
I never noticed the Kohza/Luffy parallels either. Kohza even got a scar on his face as a kid, much like Luffy.
On top of that, they're building off of villains and events from two arcs ago (Mr. 3, Whiskey Peak). I forgot how thorough Oda is with his planning everything WAY in advance, even at these early stages.
Last I left off, everyone except Sanji and Chopper has been captured by Crocodile/Robin's people in Baroque works and they're stuck in the seastone prison with Smoker.

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
He's facing a Yonkou in their own domain.. if he wasn't struggling i'd look at it sideways. he's in enemy territory they have home advantage

I like that he is struggling. He using his head for once when he went against the dinosaur chick. That what I like about one piece. You see puffy going through up and downs; having bad days. Other mangas like bleach just show the cheat her getting power ups etc.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
Man where my guy cracker at, need to see buddy in action again. Still mad he got cheated in his fight.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Still re-reading Alabasta.

It's wild that Oda was setting up the poneglyphs this far in advance. The whole Alabasta plot was Crocodile's attempt to get his hands on Pluton.
And the way Sanji was the only one who wound up never crossing paths with the Baroque Works agents across both of the previous arcs... all of it paid off perfectly when he used his Mr. Prince alias to divert Crocodile from the strawhats long enough to save everyone. Sanji was really that dude back then. Wow :wow:

Last edited:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Still re-reading Alabasta.

It's wild that Oda was setting up the poneglyphs this far in advance. The whole Alabasta plot was Crocodile's attempt to get his hands on Pluton.
And the way Sanji was the only one who wound up never crossing paths with the Baroque Works agents across both of the previous arcs... all of it paid off perfectly when he used his Mr. Prince alias to divert Crocodile from the strawhats long enough to save everyone. Sanji was really that dude back then. Wow :wow:
Don't forget that being the first tease of Sanji being a prince which only started becoming a big plot point after Dressrosa, a good 500 chapters later. :wow:

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
I'm re-reading the Alabasta arc in the manga... it's crazy how much of the story Oda had planned out in advance with the whole Ace/Blackbeard subplot.

The crew's antics had me rolling before they were even off the ship.
What's interesting about Ace is that he's after Blackbeard from the jump, and even offers to let Luffy join the Whitebeard pirates.
Blackbeard himself hasn't even been introduced at this point either.
The homie Mr. 2 Bon Kurei :banderas:
I never noticed the Kohza/Luffy parallels either. Kohza even got a scar on his face as a kid, much like Luffy.
On top of that, they're building off of villains and events from two arcs ago (Mr. 3, Whiskey Peak). I forgot how thorough Oda is with his planning everything WAY in advance, even at these early stages.
Last I left off, everyone except Sanji and Chopper has been captured by Crocodile/Robin's people in Baroque works and they're stuck in the seastone prison with Smoker.
Major plot points like poneglyphs/void and BB yes. But if you think hes planning everything your kidding yourself. Greg(who works for oda) has said tons of times oda has made things on the spot and if he feels something will be a great twist or he likes it as a idea he will throw it in with no second thought about having not planned it. He can be very whimsical as is his universe(One piece)

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
I like that he is struggling. He using his head for once when he went against the dinosaur chick. That what I like about one piece. You see puffy going through up and downs; having bad days. Other mangas like bleach just show the cheat her getting power ups etc.
bruh, ichigo struggled to with fights

nor is this showing Luffy struggling he underestimated the girl and immediatly turned the tides and was whopping both her and Page 1's ass.

Lets not act like this series dont be giving out power ups like crazy. Haki by itself as a power system literally gives out zenkai boost even during middle of fights. Which is how Luffy got future sight.

Luffy has had and can get power boost when hes in moments of distress. Zoro(breath of all things) did way back in Alabasta and gained a transformation out of nowhere in EL.

Usopp gained a haki powerup through distress(dressrosa)

infact since the the beginning of Part 2 Luffy has not lost a fight except for when he fought Kaido

a fight he should have lost(katakuri), he won because of the power boost trope your complaining Bleach had, because of Haki zenkai boost:russ:. i have no issue critiquing Bleach but lets not act like One Piece does it to.

Luffys only down this half of the series was against Kaido, we been seeing nothing but ups for him and really the whole crew.

none of the crew have taken a lost.:mjlol:

Last edited:

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
Luffy doesn’t have future sight, he reads emotions and can predict Movements based on your intent.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Luffy doesn’t have future sight, he reads emotions and can predict Movements based on your intent.
seeing into the near future is exactly the level of haki he is at

he stopped that Elephant gifter, and said he "saw a bad future"

what your talking about on reading intent is the basic form of CoO haki that was introduced to us via mantra in skypiea and named officially by rayleigh.

Luffy does have future sight, this is undisputed facts unless you aren't caught up:heh:

Last edited:

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
what are you talking about, seeing into the near future is exactly the level of haki he is at

he stopped that Elephant gifter, and said he "saw a bad future"

what your talking about on reading intent is the basic form of CoO haki that was introduced to us via mantra in skypiea and named officially by rayleigh.

Luffy does have future sight, this is undisputed facts unless you aren't caught up:heh:
I know that’s the basics of observation haki but luffy is more in tune with sensing based on emotion. I dnt think he has future sight yet, I’m caught up n never seen it mention or in action. Post some scans

4-Rin

Superstar
Daps
Now that you mention it, Luffy was a walking L pre timeskip.

He lost to Smoker, lost to Crocodile twice, lost to Lucci, lost to Magellan, lost to Kuzan, lost at Sabaody. Got wrecked at marineford. Only loss post timeskip was Kaido.

With that said we know Kaido has only lost in battle 7 times. If I was to guess he probably lost to Roger, Whitebeard, Garp, Sengoku, Big Mom and probably Shanks when he intercepted Kaido to prevent him from showing up at marineford.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
I know that’s the basics of observation haki, but luffy is more in tune with sensing based on emotion. I dnt think he has future sight yet, I’m caught up n never seen it mention or in action. Post some scans
This aint about what you think is or isnt tho, this is facts its like arguing if he is a rubber man.
Luffys form of future sight is built off that. His futuresight is based off reading intent and his haki allowing him to see what they are gonna do hence his futuresight.
your post trying to breakdown to its basic form does not erase that he can see the future. Thats just descrbing how he does it.

https://w11.mangafreak.net/Read1_One_Piece_949

^^^go to page 16 of this
idk nor thing this is mangajump's translations, but these guy's translations are always close to Mangajumps. Plus Mangajump isnt always perfect either.

@4-Rin prolly has some mangajump scans or something.

you can even look at what other fans say

https://twitter.com/search?q=luffy future sight&src=recent_search_click

everyone acknowledges he sees the future

haki and specifically CoO is shaped around personality and who you are. Katakuri's future sight has a different way he sees it where he can hear it etc.

Luffys is based on seeing the intents of people even before they even happen

Last edited: