Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
The Zoro hype is real but you also have to realize this the classic Shounen 'Power-up with a physical toll' trope. Even though he fought it off the sword was eating his arm from a simple slash, when he gets into an actual swordfight that thing is going to fukk him all the way up.

Samson

Wholesome Black Man
Daps
Reppin
Haitian Gang
The Zoro hype is real but you also have to realize this the classic Shounen 'Power-up with a physical toll' trope. Even though he fought it off the sword was eating his arm from a simple slash, when he gets into an actual swordfight that thing is going to fukk him all the way up.
I don't think it's a trope since the sword can be tamed.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm still trying to keep Kyoshiro as the last red scabbard because I can't think of an alternative. I'm thinking maybe the whole traitor plotline will wind up a twist where Hiyori and Kyoshiro are posing as traitors but set everyone up. Here's how it'd work...

Kyoshiro snitching gets Orochi's trust.
Kyoshiro sends Orochi to snatch up defenseless Hiyori and Orochi sends his army to where Kyoshiro tells him the rebels will be.
The rebels end up being in a completely different place and that removes a huge chunk of the 4000 soldiers that Kaidou's overwhelming numbers from the conflict.
Hiyori also turns out to not be defenseless. She was a tomboy and raised by two red scabbards. Kyoshiro raised her and set her up to assassinate Orochi all along (calls back to the fake murder of Hiyori).
So Hiyori winds up being trained to fight and actually trying to kill Orochi (I'm guessing she'd still need help though, like Kyoshiro shows up and reveals his real identity as Denjiro the missing red scabbard)

That'd mean just like Hiyori faked it as Komurasaki; Denjiro did the same as Kyoshiro. It also changes the numbers so that it's not 30,000 to 4,000. The odds'll still be against the rebels but it'll be more realistic for them to win.

Idk...It's a lot of reaching without going too deep to confirm. But I think it can work and I've been on the same theory so long that I'm sticking to it.

:ohhh:

There's definitely something going on with Kyoshiro.
So you're speculating that he's faking the funk just like Hiyori had a double life as Komurasaki? Interesting.

Either way, I don't think Law is the snitch. He hates Donflamingo too much to side with Donflamingo's boss against the strawhats. The only way I could see it being Law is if he snitched to earn the trust of Orochi and Kaidou just so he would have a shot at getting close enough to murk them himself. I don't see him putting the Strawhats in REAL danger though.

I'm just waiting to see how X Drake factors into all this. Maybe one or two more of the supernovas might get involved. What's Jewelry Bonney been up to lately?

Last edited:

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was reading this week chatper comment, got me thinking back to when I first started reading one piece :ohhh:
I think it was after thriller bark when Zoro took the hit for the crew, I was like what's going on here :whoo:
That was like 10 years ago, how about ya"ll

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I was reading this week chatper comment, got me thinking back to when I first started reading one piece :ohhh:
I think it was after thriller bark when Zoro took the hit for the crew, I was like what's going on here :whoo:

I think I first started reading One Piece around the mid-late 2000s or so when Water 7/Enies Lobby was going. At the time I first got into it I remember people arguing about whether Franky or Paulie would join the crew. :flabbynsick:

Crazy that One Piece is still going to be running in the 2020s. :wow:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I think I first started reading One Piece around the mid-late 2000s or so when Water 7/Enies Lobby was going. At the time I first got into it I remember people arguing about whether Franky or Paulie would join the crew. :flabbynsick:

Crazy that One Piece is still going to be running in the 2020s. :wow:
I started watching the anime (from the beginnin) around 2010/2011, and continued with the manga after I caught up. I cannot even begin to imagine the journey of fans who have been around since day 1.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember reading One Piece through college. At the time I didn't like how Naruto had turned into the Sasuke show and I needed another manga to read in order to get that weekly fix :feedme:

I had seen people on forums swearing up and down that One Piece was better than Naruto, but I didn't believe them at first. I knew One Piece was at least decent since I had read some of the manga in Shonen Jump before 4Kids got their hands on the series.Getting back into One Piece, I realized how badly the series was butchered in the west and how badly it was slept on because America only got the most trash interpretation of the series.

Once my boy Luffy put his hat on Nami's head and they all went out to Arlong Park, I was like FORGET Naruto, I'm rolling with the Straw Hats all the way :camby:
Caught up just in time for the crew to meet Iron Mask Duval, before Sabody Archipelago turned into a battlefield.

Reading the Crew Separation saga all the way through Marineford/Whitebeard War as every chapter came out :banderas:
...and reading the end of the Marineford Arc in real time... :to:
That 2 week break right before the timeskip :ohlawd: :wtf:

Giving One Piece a 2nd chance lowkey got me into other dope anime/manga I would have missed out on, too. Reading the mangas for Monster, Jojo's, and Fullmetal Alchemist* in college :blessed:

* I only knew the '03 FMA, so I had never seen the real storyline from the manga before at that point.
Watching Gurren Lagann for the first time :mjgrin:

I'm going to be legit sad when One Piece ends. So many dope memories...

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
And every power-up is eventually mastered. Remember when Gear 2 and 3 had averse effects on Luffy's body?
its obvious their gonna master them quickly

espescially as they still have more powerups that await them to get stronger to face other powerful opponents(Rox, Imu sama, BB pirates etc)

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
maybe Im reaching

but Hiyori and her whole fourth-wall-breaking gag, of being the person we see between acts(Playing that instrument as the curtains close/open). And her not going to meet the rest of the scabbards tells me there is more to her that we have never imagined. She is hiding something

and being that this is OP, the possibilities are endless so it's possible what Im thinking is possible

:ehh::pachaha:

Last edited:

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Its very possible that there might be no traitor.

perhaps there is someone in Orochis side, that has an Omniscient power to know everything by hearing everything.

In the crazy world of OP that is def a possibility. Infact that is more reachable and grounded then the power of futuresight we have now.

Enel had a diet version of this^^^ so someone with better Haki(CoO which focuses on the psychic aspect of powers like mind reading etc). Prolly has this and knows everything that goes on.

Just a idea thats possible

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps

I started following one piece around that time as well. Can't believe it has already been 10 years. :wow: