Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
^lmao wow thats crazy, and pretty damn dope.......

im on this "scooby doo" arc and i cant lie its sorta annoying, not enuff luffy so far
Thriller Bark got fukked in the anime because it was so close to the manga.

Some of the best fights in the series towards the end though.

Objection

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
Didn't know this many people were into one piece. Guess I need to start using spoiler tags one these new chapters.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
^lmao wow thats crazy, and pretty damn dope.......

im on this "scooby doo" arc and i cant lie its sorta annoying, not enuff luffy so far

Yeah, Thriller Bark is one of those "side quest" arcs like Skypiea that isn't as connected to the main story, though it gets pretty interesting near the end. But trust me, if you want more Luffy, wait until the arcs after that...

In other news, they premiered a new One Piece opening today...I wouldn't watch it if you're not caught up

One Piece Opening 16 - Hands Up

I thought it was kind of meh at first, but it grows on you after a couple listens. :ld:

Last edited by a moderator:

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
They're at Punk Hazard now :ehh:

I usually wait like 6 months to watch the anime again so I can marathon 20 eps or so.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
What's the hierarchy on that Straw Hats ship? To be specific, who's in command when Luffy is AWOL and is it ever stated that Roronoa Zoro is Luffy's First Mate?

On ships usually it's the Navigator or Quartermaster (in charge of rations and pay) who become Acting Captain, both of those have been demonstrated the most by Nami from what I've seen.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
if Luffy doesn't eat his brother's devil fruit, then what was the point of this current arc??

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
if Luffy doesn't eat his brother's devil fruit, then what was the point of this current arc??
Luffy & Law are on the island to destroy the fake devil fruits that Caesar was supplying to Kaido because they made an alliance to take down Yonkou.

Ace's fruit is really just a side-plot.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
What's the hierarchy on that Straw Hats ship? To be specific, who's in command when Luffy is AWOL and is it ever stated that Roronoa Zoro is Luffy's First Mate?

On ships usually it's the Navigator or Quartermaster (in charge of rations and pay) who become Acting Captain, both of those have been demonstrated the most by Nami from what I've seen.

I dunno if it's ever been officially stated, but IMO most people agree it's implied to be Zoro.

-He was the first crewmate Luffy recruited, so he's literally the first mate
-He's easily the strongest fighter besides Luffy
-Has the 2nd highest bounty after Luffy
-Has no other official role, unlike the rest of the crewmembers (Nami=Navigator, Sanji=Cook, Chopper=Doctor, etc.)
-Tends to remind Luffy of his responsibilities as captain when the situation calls for it (for example, after the fight with Usopp)

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Zoro and Sanji are the strongest but neither of them is cut out to be a captain. Zoro is too worried about fighting the strongest opponents he can find and Sanji is too concerned with poon.

If I had to pick a leader in Luffy's absence it would be between Nami and Robin. Robin never gets much shine, but she has the wits and is no slouch in terms of power.

Objection

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
I think Zoro is more qualified than you give him credit for. When Usopp was getting outta pocket he was making sure Luffy did his job as captain when everyone else would let that slide.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I think Zoro is more qualified than you give him credit for. When Usopp was getting outta pocket he was making sure Luffy did his job as captain when everyone else would let that slide.

Yeah but has he ever handled a situation diplomatically instead of with violence? To be fair, Luffy is similar though haha.

Just seems like a stretch to have your ship captain be the cat with no sense of direction :manny:

(and Zoro is my favorite character)

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Yeah Zoro seems pretty laid back when it comes to taking charge. Only time when I've seen him get his leader on is when the crew is in major distress. Luffy is a very odd captain btw, I think the only time he looked like a captain was when he decided to leave the Going Merry.

Other times I see Nami bossin' them around even Luffy lol

I pretty much like everyone on the crew except Nami. My top favorites Luffy, Usopp and Zoro. Can't choose between them yet. :whoo:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Luffy's had some nice captain moments. He told them to save Smoker in Alabasta and he stepped up when Nami was being controlled by Arlong.

His best leadership moments though happened without his crew. Impel Down and the message he sent to his crew after the the White Beard/Ace events.