Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
Same here I've just recently started but I'm on episode 216 using episode guides to skip all the filler episodes and arcs.

I couldn't stand God Enel, whole Skypeia arc (which I hear is the worst) was starting to drag and the way Enel went out was just bytch made, damn maniac should have been killed. I'd really hate to see him return.
where u find that episode guide at? cuz i've just been doin my own lil skippin thru the filler eps but i still wind up watching some.....i thought the skypeia arc was pretty straight but i did feel it dragged on cuz of how luffy was in that snake for like 8 fukkin eps and then when he start fighting dude they come outta nowhere with the 400yr old origin story and im like :dwillhuh::wtf: so i had to skip that shyt......the one thing i found hilarious with that arc was how mufukkas was gettin hit with 1 million volts of electricity and surviving :russ: the damn lil girl keep talking bout "the voices keep disappearing" but everybody lived :beli:....i thought for sure chopper was dead cuz that mufukka was layed out damn near the whole second half of the arc but as soon as luffy won that dude popped right bak up :heh:.....overall it was still enjoyable tho....if that was the weakest arc the rest should b glorious :ahh::win:

Objection

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
This arc must be long with all of the new characters they are introducing. I wonder how many of them have connections to doflamingo

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
where u find that episode guide at? cuz i've just been doin my own lil skippin thru the filler eps but i still wind up watching some.....i thought the skypeia arc was pretty straight but i did feel it dragged on cuz of how luffy was in that snake for like 8 fukkin eps and then when he start fighting dude they come outta nowhere with the 400yr old origin story and im like :dwillhuh::wtf: so i had to skip that shyt......the one thing i found hilarious with that arc was how mufukkas was gettin hit with 1 million volts of electricity and surviving :russ: the damn lil girl keep talking bout "the voices keep disappearing" but everybody lived :beli:....i thought for sure chopper was dead cuz that mufukka was layed out damn near the whole second half of the arc but as soon as luffy won that dude popped right bak up :heh:.....overall it was still enjoyable tho....if that was the weakest arc the rest should b glorious :ahh::win:

Episode Guide - The One Piece Wiki - Manga, Anime, Pirates, Marines, Treasure, Devil Fruits, and more

Basically any episode that's highlighted is either filler or a recap. Honestly, after Skypiea I'd just skip to 227-228, that's really where the next arc stars. I guess you can watch the Foxy arc if you want - it's technically not filler but it's a comedy arc where nothing important happens.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Well, we haven't see that many Vice Admirals fight. The one's we've seen are:

-Smoker
-Vergo
-Garp (though he could've been promoted to Admiral if he wanted)
-Onigumo
-Momonga
-Doberman
-Tsuru
-Aokiji/Kizaru/Akainu (in flashbacks...Aokiji and Kizaru were VAs during Robin's flashback, Kizaru was a VA during Fisher Tiger's)

Vergo had beastly haki and was strong enough to hurt Sanji's leg, though he still took an L to Law later on. Smoker is Luffy's rival and he's a VA, though his performance hasn't been too great in the New World. It was mentioned in one chapter that all VAs can use haki, so I would guess that all of them are at least reasonably strong. Not Admiral status, but strong enough not to be fodder.

Yeah, they should be tough cats...I feel like this one getting off paneled was supposed to be heavy but it kinda makes me look down on the VA's bc of how they did Smoker and the one cat Boa punked a while back.

If I had one question for this arc...it's who would people pick if you had to choose one cat for Luffy to heads up between one of Blackbeard's top guys, an admiral or the one and only Dofla.

Zoro and Sanji need to get more involved in all these heavy hitters too dammit...I hope the fairy journey gets somewhere soon. Sanji at least has some funny moments, "Sorry Nami and Robin but I am currently caught in a hurricane...a hurricane called love" :deadrose:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

Lol, I thought the 400yr flashbacks were filler too but it's actually legit. shyt pissed me off a bit. Luffy finally fighting that homo Enel and then they choose the time to do do whole episode of flashbacks? :beli:

But this is the guide I've been using from the myanimelist forums: (There's no spoilers, I only put it in spoilers tags to save text space)
Start at 1-53
Skip 54-60
Pick up at 61-97 (Episode 61 NOTE: You'll see the end of the filler arc real quick, so just bear with it or skip till you see them in the storm about to cross the red line. Then while they are going up you'll see main villian of this arc appear but then disappear.)
Skip 98-99
Pick Up at 100
Bear with Episode 101 even though its Filler: (Episode 101 Note: If you skip 101, You'll notice that Ace has disappeared...Please note that Ace never traveled with them through the desert. He left them before they entered. He gave Luffy His Vivre Card WHICH IS VERY IMPORTANT for later on) Or you can skip through ¾ of the episode till you see Ace leave.
Skip 102
Pick up at 103-130
Skip 131-143
Pick up at 144-195
Skip 196-206 (G8 Filler Arc NOTE: The Straw Hats landed in the ocean not inside G8 navel base. G8 feels like actual cannon because the writers are very good at working things into the plot. You could watch this and it won't be as eye burning as you might think. But as long as you understand what I said before then you can skip it.)
Pick up at 207-219
Skip 220-224
Pick up at 225-278
Skip 279-283
Pick up at 284-316
Skip 317-319
Pick up at 320-325
Skip 326-335
Pick up 337-381
Skip 382-384
Pick up at 385-425
Skip 426-429 (If you ever want to watch the Strong World movie, watch this beforehand)
Pick up at 430-
Pick up at 430-456
Skip 457-458
Pick up at 459 -491
Skip 492
Pick up at 493-496
Skip at 497-499
Pick up at 500-541
Skip 542
Pick up at 543-574
Skip 575-578 (if you ever want to watch One Piece Film Z, watch the beforehand)
Pick up 579-

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
ya im damn near caught up with anime i just started punk hazard arc wondering if its worth reading manga after im caught up on anime

i can say this show is just too damn good
that marineford arc with all them fighting had me like :lawd:

everytime luffy talks bout POOP or sanji simps or brook talks bout panties shyt have me :laff:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Lol, I thought the 400yr flashbacks were filler too but it's actually legit. shyt pissed me off a bit. Luffy finally fighting that homo Enel and then they choose the time to do do whole episode of flashbacks? :beli:

But this is the guide I've been using the myanimelist forums: (There's no spoilers, I only put it in spoilers tags to save text space)
Start at 1-53
Skip 54-60
Pick up at 61-97 (Episode 61 NOTE: You'll see the end of the filler arc real quick, so just bear with it or skip till you see them in the storm about to cross the red line. Then while they are going up you'll see main villian of this arc appear but then disappear.)
Skip 98-99
Pick Up at 100
Bear with Episode 101 even though its Filler: (Episode 101 Note: If you skip 101, You'll notice that Ace has disappeared...Please note that Ace never traveled with them through the desert. He left them before they entered. He gave Luffy His Vivre Card WHICH IS VERY IMPORTANT for later on) Or you can skip through ¾ of the episode till you see Ace leave.
Skip 102
Pick up at 103-130
Skip 131-143
Pick up at 144-195
Skip 196-206 (G8 Filler Arc NOTE: The Straw Hats landed in the ocean not inside G8 navel base. G8 feels like actual cannon because the writers are very good at working things into the plot. You could watch this and it won't be as eye burning as you might think. But as long as you understand what I said before then you can skip it.)
Pick up at 207-219
Skip 220-224
Pick up at 225-278
Skip 279-283
Pick up at 284-316
Skip 317-319
Pick up at 320-325
Skip 326-335
Pick up 337-381
Skip 382-384
Pick up at 385-425
Skip 426-429 (If you ever want to watch the Strong World movie, watch this beforehand)
Pick up at 430-
Pick up at 430-456
Skip 457-458
Pick up at 459 -491
Skip 492
Pick up at 493-496
Skip at 497-499
Pick up at 500-541
Skip 542
Pick up at 543-574
Skip 575-578 (if you ever want to watch One Piece Film Z, watch the beforehand)
Pick up 579-

I'd also skip 213-216 and and 225-226. Trust me, as a long time fan you wouldn't be missing anything.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I'd also skip 213-216 and and 225-226. Trust me, as a long time fan you wouldn't be missing anything.

Thanks, I was already half way through 216 though. I liked the comedy going on but them going another 3 rounds of games had me :why:

So I continue to 219 and then jump to ep. 227?

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Thanks, I was already half way through 216 though. I liked the comedy going but them going another 3 rounds of games had me :why:

So I continue to 219 and then jump to ep. 227?

Honestly I'd just jump to 227 unless you really want to know how the Foxy Arc ends...nothing important really happens. I mean if you really want to see how that arc ends I guess you can watch 218-219, but like I said the arc is basically manga filler. Definitely skip 220-226, those are all filler.

227/228 (it's a special) is where the next real arc starts. And a VERY powerful and important character is introduced.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
I don't care what yall say that G8 arc after Skypia is like the best anime filler ever :laugh:

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere

You think I forgot about Rob Pucci being irrelevant for 2 years now :childplease:
Wrong!

Meanwhile, CACerdile is running like a chump from the Government while Lucci Tha Gawd is ready to make an impact and claim the New World.

scaled.php

It's only a matter of time :ahh:

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
Wrong!

Meanwhile, CACerdile is running like a chump from the Government while Lucci Tha Gawd is ready to make an impact and claim the New World.

scaled.php

It's only a matter of time :ahh:

Lucci be my nikka, CP9 up in the building :blessed:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
2 questions for the people deep into One Piece.

:whoa: You don't have to answer if it leads to major spoilers though.

But anyway. So it looks like animals can eat those devil fruits too what about sea animals? Say like a shark eats a devil fruit does the shark lose it's ability to swim?

Also has there been a fish type Zoan fruit? And if a human ate it does the inability to swim still applies?

Luken

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto/ Jersey / ATL / LA / Panoramic Roofs
2 questions for the people deep into One Piece.

:whoa: You don't have to answer if it leads to major spoilers though.

But anyway. So it looks like animals can eat those devil fruits too what about sea animals? Say like a shark eats a devil fruit does the shark lose it's ability to swim?

Also has there been a fish type Zoan fruit? And if a human ate it does the inability to swim still applies?

"I once heard that all the Devil Fruits are the Sea Devil's incarnations. If you eat one you'll gain a special ability, but you won't be able to swim. ”
— Shanks speaks to Buggy on Devil Fruits.