Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
The artwork was great, but storywise the chapter was on the boring side :skip:

But I guess not every chapter can have some huge revelation.
the artwork itself is what makes the chapter good. ART also goes into the quality of graphic novels:manny:

this chapter is also a good forshadower of all the things to come and what we expected out of Wano

Japanese(and some chinese) mythology( the Komainu) and references(Carps swimming upstream)

Kabuki(octopus)
Supernatural setting Ukiyo art (the supernatural curly clouds)

and ofcourse swordplay - shows us even the animals know how to handle a sword/weapon

and we'll be seeing much more in these intro chapters whether it be

Ninjas
Samurais
cursed swords
Tengus (Usopp:lolbron:)

etc

I see what you mean. But this a really good intro chap plus it shows us why Wano can be so isolated as its hard to reach partly because of this

Last edited:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Luffy and crew have no idea that Big Mom is going to visit Kaido at Wano.:deadmanny:

That big-ass octopus coming onboard and being unnoticed for like two or three pages.:russ:

Luffy seeing a giant baboon with a sword and being like 'yup, must be Wano'. :mjlol:

The fact that in One Piece swordfighting baboons are a normal worldwide occurrence (Zoro's time skip arc). :mjgrin:

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
Luffy and crew have no idea that Big Mom is going to visit Kaido at Wano.:deadmanny:

That big-ass octopus coming onboard and being unnoticed for like two or three pages.:russ:

Luffy seeing a giant baboon with a sword and being like 'yup, must be Wano'. :mjlol:

The fact that in One Piece swordfighting baboons are a normal worldwide occurrence (Zoro's time skip arc). :mjgrin:

Bruh the crew is never aware of their surroundings at all. :mjlol:

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps
Law prolly gonna die this arc or the next, if you think about it. We seen his abilities, we got his backstory, he's popular and he's luffys greatest Ally ATM, he's basically ace 2.0. I can see the heart pirates being asorbed into the strawhat army.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dope chapter.

The artwork and the way Oda rendered the storms and waves surrounding Wano was :wow:
...and of course, Chopper and Sanji clip out half of the newspaper without even reading the rest, much to Nami's annoyance :bryan:
I'm glad the strawhats got a chance to catch up on what's new with their old friends and foes. (Vivi, Shirahoshi, Neptune and Sons, Rebecca, Leo, Dalton, Wapol) at the Reverie. It's gonna be wild when they find out that the Revolutionaries have infiltrated.

When they learn about what happened to Kuma :mjcry:

On a lighter note, lol @ Luffy trying his hardest to ride that Koi Fish straight to dinner :lolbron:

Not to mention his total non-reaction to samurai baboons and all sorts of other weird creatures after washing up in Wano :upsetfavre:

I didn't comment on last chapter, but it felt great to see Franky, Robin, and Usopp again. I miss them :to:
They weren't kidding about Wano being crazy. Zoro's already catching bodies and the arc just started. It felt good to see my DUDE in action after having not seen him in so long.

Wano's gonna be lit :blessed:

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
Wonder what devil fruit Gold d Rodger had or even if he had one at all. I bet Rodger is alive somewhere.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
This is a "Great" Adventure. So this is gonna be huge:damn:

Basil def gonna make an alliance with Luffy

Kidd --Apoo -- Hawkins might have attended this all along

The Tengu wasn't given a character box, nor did Tama call him "master Tengu"

so it's likely that he is Part of a Race/species that is Tengus and there is more of them

Given the association of Ninjas(Tama wanting to be a "Enchanted Ninja") and Tengus

Tengus teach Humans how to be Ninja in Wano I assume:ehh:

Tengus have been associated with ninjas as mentors to them.

All those theories of Usopp learning Ninjutsu, might come true.

Which would be cool

Usopps combination of his pop greens + trickery Genius + Ninjutsu = a good combination

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Tengu myths were some of my favorite stories to discover when I started reading up on Eastern mythology. I'm HYPE about this new character and what he might represent. The fact he was low key wearing massive heeled shoes to look gigantic cracked me up too, funny subtle sight gag. Ace's history with the island plus Apoo and Hawkins current roles under Kaidou will be really fun to discover.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Tengu myths were some of my favorite stories to discover when I started reading up on Eastern mythology. I'm HYPE about this new character and what he might represent. The fact he was low key wearing massive heeled shoes to look gigantic cracked me up too, funny subtle sight gag. Ace's history with the island plus Apoo and Hawkins current roles under Kaidou will be really fun to discover.
Yeah that's what caught my attention.

His nose is bigger than Usopps, infact Kinemon confuse Usopp for "a Tengu"

So that's telling that Tengus r a race/species that live in the forest of Wano.

Plus Tengus r considered father of ninjas

Tengu, The Ancestors of Ninja | Way Of Ninja

Plus masters of trickery

Hence u have Tama calling the Tengu a master and she wants to be a Ninja --> Tengus teach humans how to be ninjas

Add all that Up and this seems like Ninjutsu and learning things from Tengus will end up becoming a very likely Power up for Usopp

Last edited: