Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

qwasi

Rhinestone Cowboy
Daps
After this chapter I don't want to ever hear OP being compared to these shounens. There's a lot I've got to say about its subject matter but for now. We are witness:

maxresdefault.jpg

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
I dont know bout this folks. These lore dumps startng to remind me of late Naruto a bit. :patrice:

Dont make Luffy too special now, some destined child, itll cheapen his agency like how Naruto became a non-character
i do feel like this is where the series could shift a bit because of the potential directions. But this arc is def gonna progress the story a lot (and for one piece thats saying something)

Im giving Oda a chance to flesh this all out tho, he's earned it

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
I dont know bout this folks. These lore dumps startng to remind me of late Naruto a bit. :patrice:

Dont make Luffy too special now, some destined child, itll cheapen his agency like how Naruto became a non-character
reason why it ruined naruto is because the story was set to focus on the theme that "through hardwork it can trump destiny and fate"

but Naruto being the chosen one contradicted that theme

Hence the decline in quality, Naruto set itself up to be a series about ninjas who gave a big fukk you to "fate" and lean toward the idea that hard work >>>> on the road of becoming a better Shinobi. But it completely did a horrible 180.

OP however has never shyed away from the theme of destiny and Luffy being a destined character. Infact it has been present through the series as he is part of a rare group of people(Will of D)

not to say destiny is the end all be all in One piece

but its pretty clear that in the OPverse some people hit the lottery not only in terms of family but also even inheriting someone's will/spirit, and other elements that relate to destiny. Which has been touched on in the series

Plus the focus on him isnt solely about being the "chosen hero" its just that he is one of the people who can expose the truth to the world and disturb the "balance"

Last edited:

Samson

Wholesome Black Man
Daps
Reppin
Haitian Gang
This is the first time it would make complete sense for Luffy to go to war with the World Government. Before, no theory worked. Vivi's death would make the perfect catalyst for Luffy and his allies to overthrow the world government. :wow:
The Five Elders might just be fighters as well :ohhh:
The King/Queen is also the assassin? Is that the end game fight? :ohhh:

I just hope Oda keeps the power level the same. Naruto, Fairy Tail, and Bleach messed up by screwing up power levels of endgame opponents.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
This is the first time it would make complete sense for Luffy to go to war with the World Government. Before, no theory worked. Vivi's death would make the perfect catalyst for Luffy and his allies to overthrow the world government. :wow:
The Five Elders might just be fighters as well :ohhh:
The King/Queen is also the assassin? Is that the end game fight? :ohhh:

I just hope Oda keeps the power level the same. Naruto, Fairy Tail, and Bleach messed up by screwing up power levels of endgame opponents.
What do you mean by @bolded

Just want clarification, because if u saying what I'm thinking, then I hate to ruin it but....

...that's not happening, OPs is gonna rise in power scale.

In no way r the final bosses near end of the story r going to be the same strength as people we facing now.

The better wish is Oda keeps less flashy and weaker characters relevant. So I would say balanced maybe

Last edited:

Samson

Wholesome Black Man
Daps
Reppin
Haitian Gang
What do you mean by @bolded

Just want clarification, because if u saying what I'm thinking, then I hate to ruin it but....

...that's not happening, OPs is gonna rise in power scale.

In no way r the final bosses near end of the story r going to be the same strength as people we facing now.

The better wish is Oda keeps less flashy and weaker characters relevant. So I would say balanced maybe

The power scale of endgame opponents must remain the same or close to it. Yonkou's and Admirals are the pinnacles of power; if that changes, it would be a massive let down. If the endgame opponent can destroy a yonkou/admiral with ease, that is an insult. For example, if The Assassin is strong enough to make the admirals/yonkous look like the strawhats did against Kizaru or Kuzan pre-timeskip, that is an insult. One Piece would end exactly the same way Bleach and Naruto did. Making a mockery of their power scale.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
The power scale of endgame opponents must remain the same or close to it. Yonkou's and Admirals are the pinnacles of power; if that changes, it would be a massive let down. If the endgame opponent can destroy a yonkou/admiral with ease, that is an insult. For example, if The Assassin is strong enough to make the admirals/yonkous look like the strawhats did against Kizaru or Kuzan pre-timeskip, that is an insult. One Piece would end exactly the same way Bleach and Naruto did. Making a mockery of their power scale.
No it doesn't have to stay the same.

Otherwise Schichibukai would be the top Pinnacle still and we'll... They ain't.

Schichibukai we're seen as top pinnacles before Yonkou were introduced by the end of Ennies Lobby arc.

now as a group power wise, going off what we seen they almost can easily be dispatched by a single Yonkou. outside of Mihawk of course

Yonkous/Admirals only the Pinnacle because the real top dogs (Possibly the Gorosei, Imsama, etc) have never shown there power

As well as staying dormant, and lurking in the shadows, etc which allows that class to roam and they display there might in the series.

It has never been set in Stone in this series that Yonkous and Admirals would be the end all in this series

That's something some of u fans interpreted. Oda never stated such a thing

Infact it's been hinted and subtlety alluded that there r higher powers that be in the series. That r kept secret and hidden from public view(us the reader) and can likely become the Final antagonist of this series.

But they just haven't shown up...until now that is (Imsama, who we can safely say is the final antagonist)

Plus I don't understand the complaining of power scale, and "making a mockery " of there scale. When these shows been doing this back to when people loved them(though people still love OP). Infact back in the the early parts of these 3 shows

OP has always had a case of raising the power scale to where a new tier can wreck the prior introduced and weaker tier(as I mentioned before Yonkous and how they make Schichibukais look now)

It raising it's power level will not be new to series. It will just be doing what's it's been doing

What makes Oda great in this area is that he knows how to make characters who r even power irrelevant. Still relevant, either because of there skills or some type of knowledge they have etc

Last edited:

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps

He always has been tho. He was like Anakin before he was revealed to the chosen one. He gets lucky in this aituation magically can hear this and this.

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
Imsama could also be apart of some ancient powerful race that is extinct in OPverse

Or a special powerful clan of Humans

Given his shape he's something along those lines obviously

THIS! What if he is like the creator of the devil fruits or the people he belong to created them. :ohhh:

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
A lot to unpack here so I gotta do some research on what others picked up on in this chapter but my first-time reaction towards this chapter:
-I'd love to see the outcome of the meeting between King Riku, King Cobra, and Fujitora. Cobra being a king that nearly got his country taken by a Shichibukai and Riku actually having his country taken by a Shichibukai and Fujitora wanting to disband the Shichibukai, it's fairly obvious that the Shichibukai and potentially their destruction was discussed in their meeting. There's also been theories that both Fujitora and Green Bull will betray the world government so I guess we'll have to see where this leads.

- Out of all the people we're reuniting with it's great to see Bonney back. I genuinely wonder if there's something she plans on doing outside of Kuma. Seeing Kuma like that was :mjcry:. They really made this nikka into an example for the whole world, seeing Bonney shed a tear made it even worse. I hope we can see him come back to normal one day (or at least end his misery).

- This chapter has discussed a lot about the Nefertari family and the moment where the elders are discussing about how the Nefertari family were traitors reinforces my beliefs in the end of the chapter.

- So in the end we finally find out the person with the crown's name is Imsama and we see him/her stabbing and cutting pictures of Luffy, Blackbeard, and Shirahoshi, and keeping a pic of Vivi. Then we see him enter the empty throne room and sit on the throne as the five elders bow to him and ask him/her "the light that needs to be extinguished from history, have you decided who it should be yet"

- So now let's get to the sad news. Before the last page, we saw him with pictures of four people: Luffy, Blackbeard, Shirahoshi, and Vivi. He ends up keeping Vivi's pic while cutting up the rest. With that in mind it's sad to say it but Imsama is gonna choose Vivi IMO, and tbh it makes sense since the other three still have a big role in the story (Luffy being the main character, Blackbeard being potential end game villain, and Shirahoshi being an ancient weapon). It's gonna be sad to see her go though :mjcry:
-UPDATE: I didn't even notice Kuma was a former king of Sorbet Kingdom. So he was a pirate, revolutionary, and a king :gucci:?!?!? We gotta get a spin off on this nikka's story

Bruh! Remember fisher tiger was enslaved too. Like how are these powerful people getting caught or are they given in to the word government to save their people? Kuma mannnn. I bet they using kuma power to make those pacfiesta. This is maryjois is demonic place :mjcry: