Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I'm on episode 48. shyt is crack to me now but one thing that bothers me though is that Straw Hat Pirates don't really do pirate shyt (ex. plunder) they're more like superheroes liberating islands and saving folk. They remind me of the outlaw concept from Outlaw Star, like they're "We're the do whatever we want good guys". :mindblown:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Spoilers.

- In the cover, Iron Boy Scotch from Kaido´s pirates (the guy Drake met 2 years before), attacks members of the revolution.
- All chapter about Luffy, he meets a lot a new characters, all figthers (Aohige can tell you the names sorry).
- We have warriors, a cool guy and a woman.
- At the end of the chapter Jesus Burgess appears in Corrida Colosseum, he´s defeated all his opponents.

:gladbron:

So we got a member of Blackbeard's crew in the tournament? Wow.

Kid-Wave

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do you guys think it might be time for a new crewmember? I think it could be possible that Luffy meets someone on this island that towards the end of the Arc he has a lot of respect for, and he feels he is worthy of having Ace's fruit, so he gives it to him and asks him to join the crew....just a thought

Or it could turn out that Luffy eats it out of desperation or fear of letting some really bad guy have it...then he learns he could use 2 powers...I mean if Blackbeard did it, and he has D in his name, maybe the D family has something to do with the history of the devils fruits?...I think this one is a lot less plausible tho.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Do you guys think it might be time for a new crewmember? I think it could be possible that Luffy meets someone on this island that towards the end of the Arc he has a lot of respect for, and he feels he is worthy of having Ace's fruit, so he gives it to him and asks him to join the crew....just a thought

Or it could turn out that Luffy eats it out of desperation or fear of letting some really bad guy have it...then he learns he could use 2 powers...I mean if Blackbeard did it, and he has D in his name, maybe the D family has something to do with the history of the devils fruits?...I think this one is a lot less plausible tho.

I don't see how a dude made of rubber could walk around using a fire fruit. That shyt would necessarily be burning his composition.

Kid-Wave

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't see how a dude made of rubber could walk around using a fire fruit. That shyt would necessarily be burning his composition.

right, but OP has been getting a lot stranger recently, as more of the world is discovered, shyt gets weirder...I like Luffy with his 1 power as it is tho..but it hasn't been explained why Teach is able to use 2

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches

He's not made of rubber, he just stretches like rubber. Big difference.

If he were made of rubber, he wouldn't be able to use something like RedHawk at all.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
So just some thoughts...

New chick Rebecca looks like a better candidate to get the fruit than anyone mentioned so far. For one, she's present and for two, she shares a goal with Luffy as well as being a genuine good person (and powerful since she's undefeated).

Kyros disappeared just 20 years ago after 3000 battles and only being struck once...Sounds like the perfect age for that old mysterious blind man who has a scar over his eyes...so the one strike he took, took his eyes.

The BB pirates probably only sent one rep to the scene like the other countries. This is perfect to give Luffy a target in the next round. Maybe he fights the pretty boy and then Burgess in the final four...Idk, this is heavy guessing.

I'm confused as to how Dofla's guys are gonna be involved when they don't seem to be part of the 550 men in the blocks...otherwise one of them would be in each block I'd assume. Unless maybe they're all in Luffy's block or something like that.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
He's not made of rubber, he just stretches like rubber. Big difference.

If he were made of rubber, he wouldn't be able to use something like RedHawk at all.

I don't know, maybe I misinterpret him saying he's a rubber man all the time, but I always looked at it like how Croc doesn't fukk with water. Like how Lupe never cared if you shot bullets at him, but if you tried to cut him he was like :ufdup:

wise prophet

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:whoo:

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/119810/shyt-just-got-real-o.gif

LOL at that clown Bellamy tho. Luffy needs to OHKO this bytch nikka again.

Objection

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
They introduced a lot of people to say most of them are about to be eliminated. Also, they were shook when Luffy's name was mention

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
I don't know, maybe I misinterpret him saying he's a rubber man all the time, but I always looked at it like how Croc doesn't fukk with water. Like how Lupe never cared if you shot bullets at him, but if you tried to cut him he was like :ufdup:

It a weird distinction to make; his body is constituted like rubber, but not actually rubber itself. That's why I would say that blades could hurt him, but something like the RedHawk technique doesn't hurt him at all.

I could be wrong though.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
It a weird distinction to make; his body is constituted like rubber, but not actually rubber itself. That's why I would say that blades could hurt him, but something like the RedHawk technique doesn't hurt him at all.

I could be wrong though.

I thought it WAS rubber after Enel couldn't electrocute him. Never thought about it again.

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
I thought it WAS rubber after Enel couldn't electrocute him. Never thought about it again.

It's the difference between a Paramecia fruit and a Logia fruit, from what I can tell.

-Paramecia fruits (Luffy's fruit is in this category) can allow the body to take on the characteristics of a substance, but doesn't actually transform that person's body into that substance itself (For example, Magellan can manipulate and produce poison, as well as ingest it, but can't turn his body into poison; Jozu can't turn himself into diamond, but can produce an armor of it and has all of its properties)

-Logia fruits will allow the user to become that substance itself and manipulate it to a limitless extent (Crocodile, Ace, Sakazuki, Kuzan, etc.).

So again, weird distinction, and I could be wrong for all I know. I'm just going off what I've seen and read.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
That makes sense. I just always made the other assumption...Properties of rubber would make sense though.