Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
tumblr_mbp2nrZuAX1r3aisk.gif

:dead:

Sent from a Super Samsung Galaxy 3 via Master Roshi's Island.

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
Some OP news:

One Piece to Air on Adult Swim's Toonami Block - News - Anime News Network

So, the series is coming back to Toomami (Saturday nights). From what I've heard probably sometime in April or May. It'll be the first time in a while the anime has aired in the US. There was a Funimation guy on a One Piece podcast talking about it, and he brought up a pretty interesting dilemma:

Assuming they want to get people into the series, where should they start off at? I think he was talking about maybe starting with Skypiea, but OP is so fukking long it's hard to think of a good place to start.

If you start at Skypiea, you miss Arlong Park, Arabasta, and maybe worst of all, Jaya. There's a LOT of foreshadowing in Jaya, and I'd imagine people being confused when people like Sengoku, Whitebeard, and Blackbeard show up in the future. Not to mention Ace. And if you skip Arabasta, then a lot of Impel Down won't make sense because of the references to characters from that arc.

Then again, I can't see them starting from the beginning. Assuming they air one episode a week, it would be years before we got to the newly dubbed episodes (Water 7). The point where I really got into OP was Arlong Park, but I honestly can't see them starting that far back either for the same reason.

Any thoughts on where in the series they should pick up?

Loguetown. It's pretty much the only place that you could start without missing too much, and that's where a lot of the important foreshadowing and story elements start being put into place.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I decided to start this show again... Left it alone after watching a few on its Fox kids debut way back and now :welldamn: @ the 600+ episodes. I looked up some episode guides online to help me skip the filler stuff.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I honestly can't think of anybody besides Coby that the fruit would fit.

Luffy, Chopper, Robin, Brook: Already have fruits
Franky: Doesn't want one, already has his own powers
Zoro and Sanji: Strong enough without fruits, wouldn't want the fruit anyway
Usopp and Nami: Doesn't fit their fighting style, plus they're suppose to be the "normal" Straw hats

So outside of Coby, I can't think of anyone else it would fit unless somebody new shows up.

Other thoughts on this chapter: Dressrosa got some :shaq: but crazy bytches

Daps
Reppin
London
I honestly can't think of anybody besides Coby that the fruit would fit.

Luffy, Chopper, Robin, Brook: Already have fruits
Franky: Doesn't want one, already has his own powers
Zoro and Sanji: Strong enough without fruits, wouldn't want the fruit anyway
Usopp and Nami: Doesn't fit their fighting style, plus they're suppose to be the "normal" Straw hats

So outside of Coby, I can't think of anyone else it would fit unless somebody new shows up.

Other thoughts on this chapter: Dressrosa got some :shaq: but crazy bytches

That's what I'm saying. Coby has to be Luffy's Garp/Sengoku so he needs that fruit since he doesn't have the 'Will of D'.

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
Why would Luffy just give Coby the fruit just like that? If he would give it to anyone, it would have to be Sabo, given he is still alive.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Why would Luffy just give Coby the fruit just like that? If he would give it to anyone, it would have to be Sabo, given he is still alive.

:stopitslime:

We don't know that for sure, and even if he is, Luffy doesn't know. Plus, if Sabo is alive, why didn't he show up during the war? :usure:

Honestly, I'm thinking a villain might get it, and then Luffy will have to fight him.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
That's what I'm saying. Coby has to be Luffy's Garp/Sengoku so he needs that fruit since he doesn't have the 'Will of D'.

How would Coby with the fruit be a challenge for Luffy though? Luffy has to get to Akainu/Blackbeard level and their fruits are much stronger than Ace's.

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
:stopitslime:

We don't know that for sure, and even if he is, Luffy doesn't know. Plus, if Sabo is alive, why didn't he show up during the war? :usure:

Honestly, I'm thinking a villain might get it, and then Luffy will have to fight him.

Maybe he didn't have a ride? I don't know. All I'm saying is if luffy is going to give the fruit to anyone its going to be a friend. Id consider Cody more a rival to luffy. Why would he give him something as precious as ace's fruit to him?

Sent from a Super Samsung Galaxy 3 via Master Roshi's Island.

Daps
Reppin
London
How would Coby with the fruit be a challenge for Luffy though? Luffy has to get to Akainu/Blackbeard level and their fruits are much stronger than Ace's.

It depends how he uses it. Theoretically Enel should be more powerful than Akainu with his fruit but I'd be willing to wager he'd get bodied real quickly if he where to challenge him.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

It's not just about how strong your fruit is though, it's what you do with it. Croc has one of the most overpowered fruits in the manga, but let's be reality, Luffy (who has an average fruit) would beast on him.

People like Garp and Shanks don't even have fruits but would stunt on 99% of Devil Fruit users regardless.

I don't care who gets Ace's fruit, if they don't know haki or suck as fighters then they still won't be able to hang. Coby is a good candidate because he knows haki, he has a fast growth rate, and he doesn't really have a pre-existing fighting style.

Still, I think a villain will get it. Either that or Luffy will just keep it as a memento and nobody will get it until much later.