Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Another problem with the Coby theory is that it requires another time skip. He shouldn't be able to eat that fruit and then instantly know how to use it effectively when it took years for everyone else to hone their skills.

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
It's not just about how strong your fruit is though, it's what you do with it. Croc has one of the most overpowered fruits in the manga, but let's be reality, Luffy (who has an average fruit) would beast on him.

People like Garp and Shanks don't even have fruits but would stunt on 99% of Devil Fruit users regardless.

I don't care who gets Ace's fruit, if they don't know haki or suck as fighters then they still won't be able to hang. Coby is a good candidate because he knows haki, he has a fast growth rate, and he doesn't really have a pre-existing fighting style.

Still, I think a villain will get it. Either that or Luffy will just keep it as a memento and nobody will get it until much later.

Sure cody is a good candidate but you didn't address why luffy would hand it over to him.

Sent from a Super Samsung Galaxy 3 via Master Roshi's Island.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
:stopitslime:

We don't know that for sure, and even if he is, Luffy doesn't know. Plus, if Sabo is alive, why didn't he show up during the war? :usure:

Honestly, I'm thinking a villain might get it, and then Luffy will have to fight him.

Sabo's alive...the cover of the WB and Ace graves was the acknowledgement (someone left a sake cup on Ace's grave and that only has relevance to Luffy, Sabo and Ace...def a deliberate addition).

Coby kinda makes sense but when the hell would Luffy have time to give it to him? I still think Luffy keeps it locked up and some kid eats it, just like Luffy did to Shanks who kept a fruit boxed up for some reason.

But if I'm picking a character...Idk...I'd hope a villain. If it's a strawhat, Usopp though...Ace used to aim his fire attacks like a gun and Usopp's got the best vision for distance shots.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Sure cody is a good candidate but you didn't address why luffy would hand it over to him.

Sent from a Super Samsung Galaxy 3 via Master Roshi's Island.

Sabo's alive...the cover of the WB and Ace graves was the acknowledgement (someone left a sake cup on Ace's grave and that only has relevance to Luffy, Sabo and Ace...def a deliberate addition).

Coby kinda makes sense but when the hell would Luffy have time to give it to him? I still think Luffy keeps it locked up and some kid eats it, just like Luffy did to Shanks who kept a fruit boxed up for some reason.

But if I'm picking a character...Idk...I'd hope a villain. If it's a strawhat, Usopp though...Ace used to aim his fire attacks like a gun and Usopp's got the best vision for distance shots.

There are all kinds of ways that Coby could get the Devil Fruit. Seems like you're starting with assumptions that might not even be true.

Who's to even say that Luffy will get the fruit the first place? It's possible that he doesn't win the tournament, or that he does but DoFla doesn't keep his word (after all, it is a trap). Or maybe he loses it at some point after the tournament.

Maybe at the end of the arc the Marines come to arrest DoFlamingo and Coby happens to find it. Or maybe Coby beats up that dude that currently has it. Maybe Luffy is on the run from the Marines and accidentally drops it (and Coby finds it).

Lots of things could happen with the fruit, it won't even necessarily be up to Luffy to decide who to give it to. Hell, DoFlamingo might be the one to give it to somebody for all we know.

Like I said, I'm not necessarily saying I think Coby will get the fruit, but he's a better candidate than any of the StrawHats. Like I said, if not him then I think it'll be a villain or somebody new.

Usopp with a logia is an awful idea tho. :scusthov:

The cool thing about Usopp's character is that he doesn't have any powers or special abilities and still manages to compete anyway. Having one of the strongest abilities in the story would completely ruin that. It would be like giving Batman superpowers.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
There are all kinds of ways that Coby could get the Devil Fruit. Seems like you're starting with assumptions that might not even be true.

Who's to even say that Luffy will get the fruit the first place? It's possible that he doesn't win the tournament, or that he does but DoFla doesn't keep his word (after all, it is a trap). Or maybe he loses it at some point after the tournament.

Maybe at the end of the arc the Marines come to arrest DoFlamingo and Coby happens to find it. Or maybe Coby beats up that dude that currently has it. Maybe Luffy is on the run from the Marines and accidentally drops it (and Coby finds it).

Lots of things could happen with the fruit, it won't even necessarily be up to Luffy to decide who to give it to. Hell, DoFlamingo might be the one to give it to somebody for all we know.

Like I said, I'm not necessarily saying I think Coby will get the fruit, but he's a better candidate than any of the StrawHats. Like I said, if not him then I think it'll be a villain or somebody new.

Usopp with a logia is an awful idea tho. :scusthov:

The cool thing about Usopp's character is that he doesn't have any powers or special abilities and still manages to compete anyway. Having one of the strongest abilities in the story would completely ruin that. It would be like giving Batman superpowers.

Usopp getting a DF is crazy but he somehow is Batman :why:

Usopp definitely has haki...the one for sight...it's just not that developed. I think all the Strawhats will end up having forms of haki. I'm just speaking in terms of the strawhats, look at the options...Nami, Franky, Sanji, Zoro and Usopp...Sanji and Zoro both have crazy strength without it. Franky said he doesn't want it. So if Luffy gave it to a Strawhat, it'd prob be between Nami and Usopp. Plus, Usopp gets love for being down to fight Luffy in the name of the ship.

Coby just seems like a reach because you gotta throw in a million what if scenarios to get him the fruit. Luffy can give it to him or Dofla or he stumbles across it, sure...but Luffy could also turn out being able to have two fruit powers to equal Blackbeard and eat it...or he could win it and give it to a character that makes sense...or Dofla could keep it, since this is a blatant trap and then Dofla gives it to a villain for Luffy to fight at the end of this arc or down the line. Coby makes some sense, sure...but I think that's point A to point Z at this point.

Also, I think Luffy's gotta get his hands on the fruit...His love for Ace is too strong to miss out on the fruit.

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps

Who's to even say that Luffy will get the fruit the first place? .

:whoa:

Lucy is getting that fruit breh. No doubt about it. :leostare:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Usopp getting a DF is crazy but he somehow is Batman :why:

Usopp is Batman in the sense that getting superpowers would defeat the purpose of his character.

Batman is cool because he doesn't have any powers and can still beat people who do. Usopp is the same. If you give him powers he wouldn't be the underdog anymore.

:whoa:

Lucy is getting that fruit breh. No doubt about it. :leostare:

People were also sure that Ace wouldn't die. :leostare:

Luffy getting the fruit isn't essential to the plot. Somebody else could get it easily. Or steal it from him or something.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Were there some answers about how Black Beard managed to have two powers from two diff fruits at the same time ? Because Luffy with the Fire fruit could be great on some Ace's legacy lives through him :yeshrug

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Were there some answers about how Black Beard managed to have two powers from two diff fruits at the same time ? Because Luffy with the Fire fruit could be great on some Ace's legacy lives through him :yeshrug

There hasn't been anything on it and the cloak covering it makes the whole event that much more mysterious...but yeah, I think Luffy getting a second DF power is just as plausible as Coby getting it.

wise prophet

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
At this point I say Coby would be the most likely to get the Mera Mera. I can't see any of the strawhats taking it and Coby is someone that Luffy considers a friend. Also Coby's fighting style is generic enough that adding the fruit would only enhance him and is an easy way to quickly improve his strength. Of course, I could also see Luffy burying the fruit in Ace's grave.

Sabo getting it? Eh...Sabo's def. alive but I just can't see it happening. That's probably because I'm theorizing that he's at least as strong as Luffy right now (based on the flashback when Sabo and Ace were essentially equal) and giving Sabo Ace's fruit would be overkill.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
At this point I say Coby would be the most likely to get the Mera Mera. I can't see any of the strawhats taking it and Coby is someone that Luffy considers a friend. Also Coby's fighting style is generic enough that adding the fruit would only enhance him and is an easy way to quickly improve his strength. Of course, I could also see Luffy burying the fruit in Ace's grave.

Sabo getting it? Eh...Sabo's def. alive but I just can't see it happening. That's probably because I'm theorizing that he's at least as strong as Luffy right now (based on the flashback when Sabo and Ace were essentially equal) and giving Sabo Ace's fruit would be overkill.

Yeah, I think that's something nobody's giving enough credence...it might be better to just not give the fruit to anyone. No matter what character gets the fruit, do you really expect them to have the Ace swag or even come close to it?

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I'm kinda expecting a villain to steal that fruit and luffy chasing him down and putting the beats on him :ld:

iono just him winning and getting the fruit seems too easy imo :yeshrug:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I'm kinda expecting a villain to steal that fruit and luffy chasing him down and putting the beats on him :ld:

Could be a way to mix Luffy with Zoro's quest for the sword since the "fairies" are on some expert thief tip.

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps

He does have to go against 5 of Donflamingo's top henchmen :ld: