Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
I feel like you splitting hairs its a anime aimed at preadolescents i don't think it's that deep. he wants to be pirate king which automatically means he wants to be at least as strong as the strongest person in the world. Like i said earlier luffy = goku dragon ball, not Z or Super
No one is making anything deep.

U just said something that's not true. Don't backtrack and try to spin this. as if im making it more than what it is

Im not gonna repeat myself on why @bolded is wrong. But Im just gon say this that even if @bolded was the case.

there's a huge difference between becoming the strongest to gain a title that coincides with your ideology(Luffy)

and just wanting to fight because you LOVE fighting(Goku)

Plus theres no telling if it requires being the strongest to be PK as Roger got BM's Road Poneglyph by sneaking in and copying it without letting her know it(thus leading him to get PK title)

Again
Luffy and Goku are nothing alike excluding eating, love for friends,

Last edited:

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
I feel like Luffy fights almost always to protect someone from someone stronger even if they aren't an enemy. I'm probably way off because he really does come across as an any time, anywhere character but I always considered his number one principle being to defend others. Goku was on some Kenpachi style, "who'd you say was stronger? We could stop them now before they wake up? Nah...I wanna fight those androids instead"
that is almost exactly it

Luffy aint out there looking for fights and or whoever is the strongest. His love is Adventure and exploration. yeah he can be wild and want to throw hands. But thats only when theres a issue and theres life on the line. That also dips into how when he has an issue with someone he fights them which still may jeopardize lives hes trying to protect and such etc .

Nonetheless its not the same as Goku who is similar to Kenpachi from Bleach who is lookin for fights and to be fight the strongest.

The only SH that is similar and has a goal that is DBZ like is Zoro being the "Strongest Swordsmen" and it shows by how he is constantly training(similar to DBZ characters) and his personality

Plus his goal is the only one that pertains to fighting somebody

unlike Luffy where his goal comes with finding the Ultimate treasure and along with it as an add on uncovering the "True History"

Sin Simma

Rich Rollin
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide
Roger and WB were tied for the strongest in the world. Pirate King was the man with the most “freedom”, but no way could you get that title and not be at the very top of the food chain. This is why everybody thinks Blackbeard and Luffy will be the top 2 EOS.

Luffy does want to be stronger to protect his friends, but he doesn’t really care about being “the” strongest. Goku would sacrifice earth and his family in order to fight the best, Luffy would never do that. Food and being a combat genius are the only character traits those 2 share.

When you look at Luffy’s rival, more like BFF, Law. He doesn’t care about being the strongest either, based on his personality.

Last edited:
Daps
:dahell: nikka Luffy jumps into fights for the stupidest of reasons, even when it doesn't call for it. Even Goku has a little bit of discretion...with Luffy it's on-site beef for even the slightest amount of disrespect. His temper makes him a minefield. The one time he did tell everyone to run when they were fighting the Kuma bots, he had everybody like :mindblown::dwillhuh::lupe::damn:
His initial beef with Lucci over the pigeon talking shyt is still up there for me

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
So when Big Mom eats the cake and passes out from the taste...everyone's gonna think she was poisoned right? I wonder how that all falls out. Maybe the KO means she gives all the souls back that she's taken. The people who don't feel safe anymore would get their lifelines back and be halfway to fleeing too.

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
So when Big Mom eats the cake and passes out from the taste...everyone's gonna think she was poisoned right? I wonder how that all falls out. Maybe the KO means she gives all the souls back that she's taken. The people who don't feel safe anymore would get their lifelines back and be halfway to fleeing too.
Honestly we don't know what's gonna happen with that cake. Everyone thinks she may pass out or something but for all we know she might not even eat it. Oda likes to twist shyt like that lol :francis:

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
nikkas are mad comparing luffy's reasoning to goku's gtfoh. Plus he also said he can't run from strong oppennets no more after doffy thats why he attacked fujitora.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
I'm guessing everything after that Mont Dor thing is just her hallucinating cause it's so good

Although the vinsmoke part seems like it could happen and BM got two secret weapons up her sleeve.

But still very likely all that was hallucinations

This chapter really weird

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
I'm guessing everything after that Mont Dor thing is just her hallucinating cause it's so good

Although the vinsmoke part seems like it could happen and BM got two secret weapons up her sleeve.

This chapter has most forums livid because it's so controversial lol

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
im confused wtf but if its anything like when she was a kid well she ate a bunch of people i guess

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Much like the flashback chapter of Big Mom before Oda used a a lot of ambiguity here with the musical song almost feeling like a fantasy. Of course the most sensible explanation is that everybody really "got rekt" and Big Mom really is just that fukking powerful.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City

People all forgot Pudding can mess with people's minds.

I'm pretty sure the plan was for her to eat the cake and as soon as she calmed down Pudding would let her think she won.

If this is real though:lupe: