Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Good chapter...I'm REALLY curious about who the old guy is.

I'm still leaning toward him being a new Admiral. The only thing is, I would think an Admiral would recognize Luffy, even with the fake moustache. But then again, it IS OP and a lot of characters are really goofy, so :manny:

Outside of that, my second guess would be that he's one of Rayleigh's old homies and an ex-member of Roger's crew. Would definitely explain him being really strong, as well as him wanting to keep a low profile.

Definitely looks like Luffy will probably take the bait and try to enter the tournament. I wonder if anybody else in the crew will get in. I have a feeling one of the fights will get pretty crazy and the old guy will jump in.

Objection

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana

I'm still leaning toward him being a new Admiral. The only thing is, I would think an Admiral would recognize Luffy, even with the fake moustache. But then again, it IS OP and a lot of characters are really goofy, so :manny:

Outside of that, my second guess would be that he's one of Rayleigh's old homies and an ex-member of Roger's crew. Would definitely explain him being really strong, as well as him wanting to keep a low profile.

Definitely looks like Luffy will probably take the bait and try to enter the tournament. I wonder if anybody else in the crew will get in. I have a feeling one of the fights will get pretty crazy and the old guy will jump in.

I hope the others get involved. We haven't really seen the strawhats challenged and doflamingo's crew looks tough.

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps

Any admiral would recognize it was Luffy except the admiral they sent is blind. :facepalm:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

That's pretty much the only two theories we've kicked around in this thread...a cat connected to Gol D. or an Admiral. I think those two options make the most sense.

I'm wondering if the old man will jump in the tournament and crush the buildings before Luffy can get there.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Im thinking the old nikka is planning on sneak attacking the people throwing the tournament and will escape with luffy afterwards

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Im thinking the old nikka is planning on sneak attacking the people throwing the tournament and will escape with luffy afterwards

Now, this was unclear to me...but did the old man have something to do with the robbery in the beginning? He basically set the big distraction that opened things up for the theft.

If that was the case, I could see duke doing something like you said but stealing off with the fruit instead of Luffy.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Some OP news:

One Piece to Air on Adult Swim's Toonami Block - News - Anime News Network

So, the series is coming back to Toomami (Saturday nights). From what I've heard probably sometime in April or May. It'll be the first time in a while the anime has aired in the US. There was a Funimation guy on a One Piece podcast talking about it, and he brought up a pretty interesting dilemma:

Assuming they want to get people into the series, where should they start off at? I think he was talking about maybe starting with Skypiea, but OP is so fukking long it's hard to think of a good place to start.

If you start at Skypiea, you miss Arlong Park, Arabasta, and maybe worst of all, Jaya. There's a LOT of foreshadowing in Jaya, and I'd imagine people being confused when people like Sengoku, Whitebeard, and Blackbeard show up in the future. Not to mention Ace. And if you skip Arabasta, then a lot of Impel Down won't make sense because of the references to characters from that arc.

Then again, I can't see them starting from the beginning. Assuming they air one episode a week, it would be years before we got to the newly dubbed episodes (Water 7). The point where I really got into OP was Arlong Park, but I honestly can't see them starting that far back either for the same reason.

Any thoughts on where in the series they should pick up?

Objection

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
I would say start from the beginning and condense the episodes but we know that won't happen. So arabasta is probably your next best starting place.

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
All I jave to say is, what took them so long!!?? Bleach translated horribly into an anime. While naruto is plagued by mindless filler.

I hope they start from the beginning so people new can enjoy the series for what it is.

Sent from a Super Samsung Galaxy 3 via Master Roshi's Island.

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
:what: it's been online breh

tumblr_mbp2nrZuAX1r3aisk.gif

teacher

All Star
Daps
if anyone gets the fire fruit on the squad it would have to be sanji he already can do the fire shyt with his leg with no fruit :ooh: