Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

Light

Pro
Daps
Big Mom actively blocked Kong Gun with haki, Jinbei actually hit her. That's why the attack actually did something. And why assume Jinbei's attack is weaker? He is a pretty strong character himself and a former shichibukai. Do you think Kong Gun is stronger than the strongest attack Mihawk has? I don't.

Brook didn't speed blitz Big Mom, he blitzed Zeus, and remember Brook has already shown he is fast and strong enough to cut those homies. Plus according to the writer Brook is the fastest Straw Hat, not Luffy, Zoro, or Sanji, Brook.

Finally remember Big Mom is not trying to kill the Straw Hats or sink the boat, she wants the cake above all else.

Doflamingo also attempted to block Kong Gun with armament haki and got sent flying. So unless Jinbei is capable of doing something like that to Doflamingo, it's only logical to assume that Kong Gun is stronger than Jinbei supposed strongest attack. Why even compare someone who fought with Shanks and is the world strongest swordsman, to a Fishman who is potentially the third or second strongest in his crew? And regardless Mihawk did attempt to attack a Yonkou with one of his strongest attacks only for that to be dodged by Jozu a commander.

Her and Zeus weren't able to react in time to Brook and thus were speed blitzed. Although that could be explained by the fact that Big Mom was taken back by the panties comments making this one less egregious than Jinbei and Nami bs.

She's barely conscious so I doubt she cares whether she kills them or not. According to some people Jinbei lost an arm during the fight which makes the chapter somewhat better, but I don't see how you can justify what happened in this chapter.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Doflamingo also attempted to block Kong Gun with armament haki and got sent flying. So unless Jinbei is capable of doing something like that to Doflamingo, it's only logical to assume that Kong Gun is stronger than Jinbei supposed strongest attack. Why even compare someone who fought with Shanks and is the world strongest swordsman, to a Fishman who is potentially the third or second strongest in his crew? And regardless Mihawk did attempt to attack a Yonkou with one of his strongest attacks only for that to be dodged by Jozu a commander.

Her and Zeus weren't able to react in time to Brook and thus were speed blitzed. Although that could be explained by the fact that Big Mom was taken back by the panties comments making this one less egregious than Jinbei and Nami bs.

She's barely conscious so I doubt she cares whether she kills them or not. According to some people Jinbei lost an arm during the fight which makes the chapter somewhat better, but I don't see how you can justify what happened in this chapter.

Why are you limiting Jinbei's strength? You make it seem as though he just a normal pirate and not a former warlord, leader of the Sun pirates, and strongest user of Fishman karate. He was strong enough that he was kept on the bottom level of Impel Down. Him joining is a huge deal because of how strong he is. When that news gets out it will elevate the status of the Straw Hats with the Marines in a major way.

You mention logic with Jinbei compared to Doflamingo but there is no logic to be had there because we haven't seen them fight. You are artificially making him weak because he joined the Straw Hats.

Last edited:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
People still underestimate how strong the Shichibukai are because of their bounties. It's a known fact that they had their bounties frozen when they joined which means that their bounties are not an indicator of their genuine strength.

Also, I feel that Oda has hinted enough that in her hungry skinny state Big Mom is a lot more vulnerable.

HoloGraphic

Trillionaire
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
So whats on the other side of the other red line then ??

The New World

What is the 2nd RL there's only one.

You shouldn't go off those maps those r outdated fan made maps

This the best we have so far. But it doesnt show everything, nor does it show the islands in GL

latest

Oda is holding back on showing a full map so he can have flexibility to put whatever he wants I bet

I meant, the Second time you cross the Red Line. First is Reverse Mountain, and again to Enter the New World through Fishman Island.

I just grabbed these maps cause they had the best illustration and were labelled.
Wow, just realized how dope Nami's dream is again. :wow:

Daps
The New World

I meant, the Second time you cross the Red Line. First is Reverse Mountain, and again to Enter the New World through Fishman Island.

I just grabbed these maps cause they had the best illustration and were labelled.
Oh so they already crossed the redline before. I thought they have to cross it the first time to get to fisherman island then again to get to raftel

Daps
I think the D tribe was a mythological advanced tribe that came from a far kingdom where devil fruits could naturally grow and they were first to create haki and spread to all people. They represented a threat to the royals of the land and they plotted to overthrow them. Most were killed off, but the ones that survived kept their name. The world government took their advanced knowledge and used it to create their own military might and technology. The devil fruits were kept by the government and experimented upon , but some got out into the hands of the people

Im expecting the lost kingdom of Atlantis type story from

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
The New World

Nami's dream is weird. Because I remember in the series there has been maps that have traced everything I think

Plus it hasn't been mentioned at all in the past hundreds of chaps

But if she is to be the first.

I guess what really makes it significant/ dope is because in OP u got Nations , landmasses, islands and countries that are not accounted for because they can't be reached like Skypiea, Zou, TB to most ppl(plus it's hard to map them)

And some locations that seem to be excluded from everybody but a select few(weatheria)

But I also think Nami's dream is kinda dumb for reasons like like that. Cause where she traces them they won't be there all the time

But I guess this is less "being the first map maker to...." And more of just something for her to do and say I madey own map with everything on it:yeshrug:

HoloGraphic

Trillionaire
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Nami's dream is weird. Because I remember in the series there has been maps that have traced everything I think

Plus it hasn't been mentioned at all in the past hundreds of chaps

But if she is to be the first.

I guess what really makes it significant/ dope is because in OP u got Nations , landmasses, islands and countries that are not accounted for because they can't be reached like Skypiea, Zou, TB to most ppl(plus it's hard to map them)

And some locations that seem to be excluded from everybody but a select few(weatheria)

But I also think Nami's dream is kinda dumb for reasons like like that. Cause where she traces them they won't be there all the time

But I guess this is less "being the first map maker to...." And more of just something for her to do and say I madey own map with everything on it:yeshrug:

I'm a cartography/geography nerd. Just the thought of "here's all the places to explore." Get me excited. Probably cause of games like Skyrim.

And it's exciting, especially in the World of One Piece, with so much mystery and unknown out there, completing a map of the World is just....amazing. Like you conquered the planet. Imagine being Roger or the like, or EndGame Nami and showing someone a map and being like, I've been everywhere. Or just the feeling of completion you must feel after a globe trot.

Travelling in RL is 50/50 to me, but I see the appeal, I just want the money and freedom, the lifestyle behind it.

Also, what is the name of the planet in One Piece?

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
I'm a cartography/geography nerd. Just the thought of "here's all the places to explore." Get me excited. Probably cause of games like Skyrim.

And it's exciting, especially in the World of One Piece, with so much mystery and unknown out there, completing a map of the World is just....amazing. Like you conquered the planet. Imagine being Roger or the like, or EndGame Nami and showing someone a map and being like, I've been everywhere. Or just the feeling of completion you must feel after a globe trot.

Travelling in RL is 50/50 to me, but I see the appeal, I just want the money and freedom, the lifestyle behind it.

Also, what is the name of the planet in One Piece?
Yeah the OP world is huge and full of stuff. I could see Nami having things on a drawn map as Brag rights to say she was there at "such and such".

I just see Nami's goal as the most useless

Hell I wouldn't blame Oda to retconn her goal cause he didn't think OP would be this huge as it is. Back in 97/98

And the planet is Earth.

It's just OP Earth is wacky/crazy

Daps
Anyone find the relationship between law and Luffy to be the an interesting part of the second half . Here you have two of the most controversial pirates teaming up take down doffy and a large part of the underworld drug trade, both come from the D family, and have similar ambitions to overthrow the yonko. I could see law's crew joining Luffy for the rest of the journey

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Anyone find the relationship between law and Luffy to be the an interesting part of the second half . Here you have two of the most controversial pirates teaming up take down doffy and a large part of the underworld drug trade, both come from the D family, and have similar ambitions to overthrow the yonko. I could see law's crew joining Luffy for the rest of the journey
I think Law is going to be Luffy's Whitebeard. He'll always see Luffy as competition but at some point he will accept that his ambition doesn't level with Luffy's so they'll let each other be. I think the most interesting part is going to be the people who will fill the void of the Yonkou eventually. Law seems an obvious pick, but who else? Can Buggy fake his way up the ladder even more? Will one of the Straw Hats become one after they reach Raftel? What about the others in the Worst Generation?

Daps
I think Law is going to be Luffy's Whitebeard. He'll always see Luffy as competition but at some point he will accept that his ambition doesn't level with Luffy's so they'll let each other be. I think the most interesting part is going to be the people who will fill the void of the Yonkou eventually. Law seems an obvious pick, but who else? Can Buggy fake his way up the ladder even more? Will one of the Straw Hats become one after they reach Raftel? What about the others in the Worst Generation?

I don't know if anyone in luffy's crew really wants to dominate as bad as he does, except for maybe Zoro. But Zoro does not seem like a rallying the troops kinda guy:francis:
. He likes to do his own thing so he can become a warlord and own some territory, but I think the new emperors will be law kid , Capone bege, and appo (maybe...)cause they're the strongest newcomers so far. However when appo kid and Hawkins linked up, they were no match for kizaru so how could they defeat kaido:mjlol:? But there's a chance appo can get his wig snatched since he's kaido's errand boy, and if law kid and Luffy link-up in wano that boy gone:mjgrin:.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I don't know if anyone in luffy's crew really wants to dominate as bad as he does, except for maybe Zoro. But Zoro does not seem like a rallying the troops kinda guy:francis:
. He likes to do his own thing so he can become a warlord and own some territory, but I think the new emperors will be law kid , Capone bege, and appo (maybe...)cause they're the strongest newcomers so far. However when appo kid and Hawkins linked up, they were no match for kizaru so how could they defeat kaido:mjlol:? But there's a chance appo can get his wig snatched since he's kaido's errand boy, and if law kid and Luffy link-up in wano that boy gone:mjgrin:.

Yeah Law, Kid, Bege, maybe Marco......