Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
no its not. fighting is a part of the series

OP is a adventures centric series fighting is a part of it tho.

Db is a action centric series. And that's what people want the series to be.
So its an action/adventure series:ld:

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
So its an action/adventure series:ld:
Whatever floats your boat.

Point is not a fighting/action series first

One piece is adventure. That's why wherever u go about the series its labeled and under Adventure genre and everything comes after from Action, drama, comedy , mystery, to fantasy etc

Last edited:

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
Whatever floats our boat.

Point is not a fighting/action series first

One piece is adventure. That's why wherever u go about the series its labeled and under Adventure genre and everything comes after from Action, drama, comedy , mystery, to fantasy etc
Sigh

Cᵣₐₛₕ&ₜₕₑCₒᵤₚ

____ exposing themselves
Daps
I just dislike Sanji, he's too unfit to ever step to Zoro on any level and his lame super simpage is :scust:

I'm wanna see Kaido, Zoro, Trillfalgar in Wano, and what's going on with the other supernovas particularly Kid. Big Mom showed out her with her power, and dogtooth made it been known he's not to be f***ed with. Time to hop on the Sunny and see the ultimate fate whether Jinbei lives or dies :ehh:

NBA Youngbreh

DaDumbWay
Daps
Reppin
The Boot to Dallas
I just dislike Sanji, he's too unfit to ever step to Zoro on any level and his lame super simpage is :scust:

I'm wanna see Kaido, Zoro,
Trillfalgar in Wano, and what's going on with the other supernovas particularly Kid. Big Mom showed out her with her power, and dogtooth made it been known he's not to be f***ed with. Time to hop on the Sunny and see the ultimate fate whether Jinbei lives or dies :ehh:
Great nickname:wow:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Nobody official actually said that. Oda just said that this arc would focus heavily on Sanji, obviously referring to his past and how it shaped him to be the guy he is today. Fans misconstrued this into something bigger than it was because they only see fight victories as "accomplishments". Sanji possibly becoming Germa 66's de facto leader would have far bigger repercussions than him taking down any of Big Mom's generals though. And if he makes a cake that, as this chapter states, literally makes Big Mom faint, he will have defeated her in a way similar to how Usopp took down Sugar. But again, fans only want to seem to acknowledge fights.

I didn't realize the year of Sanji wasn't a direct quote this whole time fam, that does make me a lot less frustrated. Getting his background story and a romantic interest are victories for him; the cake one I'm kinda :manny: about though, which is exactly how I felt on the Sugar victory. It didn't improve or hurt my view of Usopp, but I liked the comedy of it whereas with Sanji, it won't change my view of him but it does suit the plot and where it has been moving. For me as a fan, granted this series is about way more than fights, the combat has always been an integral feature.

That's not to say I want DBZ, but I like the unique ways abilities can counter each other in combat (also why I love Hunter X Hunter). So seeing Brooke's soul king abilities be so effective that he can stand up to Big Mom at full strength and even scratch up Zeus was great to me (and get away with the poneglyph copies). Same with Nami showing out not just with the climatact but with her strategies, first assisting Luffy with Cracker and then dropping the biggest attack of an arc that includes a Yonkou. Imo, those events are gonna wind up being the most memorable as fans. I think from a character development perspective, it's clear as day that Sanji wins this arc but as far as the moments the fans got extra hype for...combat bias is legit with the fanbase, I'll own up to that for sure, but you definitely make a great point that I mostly overlooked.

thats fair and understandable. I understand people wanting Sanji wanting a fight. but as @TheGodling said Oda said this arc was to focus on Sanji which means focus on his history, character etc.

Plus when you look back on the story these arcs much ass as some arcs that focus on one of the SHs dont realy revolve around them fighting. But rather their past and character.
Arlong park- Nami got no fight, but we learned why she loves money, her goal, her past etc
Water 7 - Robin same thing,
These arcs are for character development, history depth and why they are a cook/navigator/ Historian etc. and to show their skills in that occupation(what we're doing now with Sanji)

only people I can see get this type of arc and get fights is Zoro with wano, and thats becasue his goal, and occupation is being a swordsman and becoming the greatest swordsman(which involves fighting other swordsman and better ones until he gets to Mihawk)

and Usopp with Elbaf and his goal of becoming a great warrior and leader.

btw Im not talking about debut arcs(like Usopp and syrup village etc) but arcs that are about one of the SHs and delve deep into who they are after their debut in whatever arc they appeared in.

I mentioned it above but, yall definitely make the Sanji focus comments add up a lot better. I was looking for a power-up but ignoring the character development for sure.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I've enjoyed this arc, but I do have some concerns that the ending will be anticlimactic because -

1. No matter how you do it, I'm just not sure that baking a cake for Big Mom is a good climax for an arc
2. I'm disappointed we never got to see Sanji beat up his dad or his brothers

But it's whatever. I'm pretty hyped for Wano.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I didn't realize the year of Sanji wasn't a direct quote this whole time fam, that does make me a lot less frustrated. Getting his background story and a romantic interest are victories for him; the cake one I'm kinda :manny: about though, which is exactly how I felt on the Sugar victory. It didn't improve or hurt my view of Usopp, but I liked the comedy of it whereas with Sanji, it won't change my view of him but it does suit the plot and where it has been moving. For me as a fan, granted this series is about way more than fights, the combat has always been an integral feature.

That's not to say I want DBZ, but I like the unique ways abilities can counter each other in combat (also why I love Hunter X Hunter). So seeing Brooke's soul king abilities be so effective that he can stand up to Big Mom at full strength and even scratch up Zeus was great to me (and get away with the poneglyph copies). Same with Nami showing out not just with the climatact but with her strategies, first assisting Luffy with Cracker and then dropping the biggest attack of an arc that includes a Yonkou. Imo, those events are gonna wind up being the most memorable as fans. I think from a character development perspective, it's clear as day that Sanji wins this arc but as far as the moments the fans got extra hype for...combat bias is legit with the fanbase, I'll own up to that for sure, but you definitely make a great point that I mostly overlooked.

I mentioned it above but, yall definitely make the Sanji focus comments add up a lot better. I was looking for a power-up but ignoring the character development for sure.

I have always said that Sanji and Zoro are pretty much on the same level, what sets them apart is that Sanji is not someone who gives fighting a priority since he's a cook, whereas Zoro is a pure fighter. That has always been why Zoro is #2 and Sanji is #3.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I have always said that Sanji and Zoro are pretty much on the same level, what sets them apart is that Sanji is not someone who gives fighting a priority since he's a cook, whereas Zoro is a pure fighter. That has always been why Zoro is #2 and Sanji is #3.

I was honestly expecting Sanji to awaken some new ability during this arc and then Zoro to open to second eye in Wano to reopen the debates about which is stronger. It just feels like both have been kept low-key with Zoro fighting overmatched opponents and Sanji fighting top tiers like Doflamingo or cheaters like Judge. I miss the arguments on who was better.

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
Soul King & Bropper :wow: legends :wow:
See the demon form coming out of Brooks body tho

lEpLJkt.png

We need more panels of that shyt.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
In addition with all that

Zoro is the oonly SH that trains or we atleast seen train in there spare time

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
I was honestly expecting Sanji to awaken some new ability during this arc and then Zoro to open to second eye in Wano to reopen the debates about which is stronger. It just feels like both have been kept low-key with Zoro fighting overmatched opponents and Sanji fighting top tiers like Doflamingo or cheaters like Judge. I miss the arguments on who was better.

my G.. you mustve missed when ZoGAWD made arlong 2.0 bend the knee and juice up on steroids with one hit, while luffy struggled for almost 4 episodes with the value brand arlong

mustve missed when ZoGAWD flexed on the new Admiral and made brehh realise ZoGAWD a threat

mustve missed when ZoGAWD pawned pica like the lil high pitched hoe he was in one of the most epic destruction ever :wow:

simp dude aint on ZoGAWD's level, ZoGAWD has transcended to Itachi, Madara, Minato & Aizen levels now :wow: ZoGAWD :wow: