Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
damn brehs...I havent posted in here in a while...but wtf @ the latest developments.....is this going to be like the HxH ant arc, where shyt gets OD dark and sinister outta nowhere? :lupe: I hope so.

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
Man this chapter is the type of shyt that makes me say Oda made a top five series of all time in the manga world. There aren't too many series that can reach so many levels and topics meanwhile just getting better as the years go.

Yes I'm a stan but shyt like this makes me just think if you don't believe one piece is the greatest of all time category you're either a casual who can't take the long series shyt who only shows up once in a while when a anime series hits main stream popularity reaching netflix or some shyt or you really never took the time to actually give one piece a chance.

Or you could just have complete shyt taste.

My nikkas we getting chapters like this.

:wow: shyt is crazy bro. People really think Naruto and Dragon Ball Z can hold a candle to the goat? :camby: Hell na. 1997 till 2017 still fresh as ever. Unbelievable.

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
damn brehs...I havent posted in here in a while...but wtf @ the latest developments.....is this going to be like the HxH ant arc, where shyt gets OD dark and sinister outta nowhere? :lupe: I hope so.

OP always been dark. This is a world where genocide was committed because people knew too much, where marines hunted down pregnant women because they thought the child could potentially be like it's father, where children are kidnapped and experimented on and slavery is legal. We even got hints of rape with Boa Hancock and her sisters when they were slaves.

Cannibalism is just adding more dark tone layers lol

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
OP always been dark. This is a world where genocide was committed because people knew too much, where marines hunted down pregnant women because they thought the child could potentially be like it's father, where children are kidnapped and experimented on and slavery is legal. We even got hints of rape with Boa Hancock and her sisters when they were slaves.

I agree, it has had darkish elements, scene in saobody where the celestial dragon charloss with the human slaves shot dude and tried to take his woman comes to mind, but I'm talking about crossing that line into ohhhhh shyt territory for the viewers/readers on a steady basis.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
You know I got a theory about this. I don't think Big Mom got the power directly from eating Mother Caramel.

I actually think this is a big hint about how Blackbeard was able to steal Whitebeard's fruit and what his crew is up to now. And clearly he didn't eat Whitebeard. What I actually think happens is that when a Devil Fruit user dies, the nearest fruit to their body becomes a Devil Fruit. In Big Mom's case she would've eaten the nearest fruit because she ate everything in the area.

For Blackbeard, he most likely kept a fruit on him when he went to kill Whitebeard, and when he covered Whitebeard's body all he actually did was eat the fruit he had with him, which had turned into a DF when Whitebeard died. That's probably also how Doflamingo ended up with Ace's DF, he was probably knowledgeable enough to keep a fruit on him in case a DF user died. Right now Burgess actually is just carrying regular fruit with him, so they can turn into Devil Fruits any time he kills a DF user.

The mystery with Blackbeard isn't really how he got hold of Whitebeard's fruit, the mystery is how he manages to have two Fruits at the same time when it has been said a person would die if they consumed two Devil Fruits.

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
The mystery with Blackbeard isn't really how he got hold of Whitebeard's fruit, the mystery is how he manages to have two Fruits at the same time when it has been said a person would die if they consumed two Devil Fruits.
Maybe it has to do something with the Will of D? :yeshrug:

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps

That's what I like about this series
ODas use oand mixture of lightt layers and dark

Things can get real cartooney and there r locations in Op world that r light hearted and cartoon , etch

But there r times and places where it gets:demonic:

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
Maybe it has to do something with the Will of D? :yeshrug:
photo-31.png

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
You mind explaining this please. :hmm:

There is a theory that blackbeard is really a two in one person somehow and has split personalities, so that's why he can have two fruit powers. In marineford Marco commented on how weird his body looked...plus you see him go from being mad cowardly to wrecking shop almost immediately during fights. Not saying it's true but it makes sense.

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
There is a theory that blackbeard is really a two in one person somehow and has split personalities, so that's why he can have two fruit powers. In marineford Marco commented on how weird his body looked...plus you see him go from being mad cowardly to wrecking shop almost immediately during fights. Not saying it's true but it makes sense.

Yep. That's why his flag has 3 skulls.

That's what I like about this series
ODas use oand mixture of lightt layers and dark

Things can get real cartooney and there r locations in Op world that r light hearted and cartoon , etch

But there r times and places where it gets:demonic:

Yea he mainly brings out the dark stuff in the flashback. If he made it more equal and does what he does for the flashbacks in the present time then the quality would be insanely better than it already is.

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
So Black Beard ate a person too? :mjlol:

:troll:

Last edited:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
We havent been following much of any old characters in this series so we cant say shes an exception either. Bit what we have seen the old characters r still fighing capable at 70s and 80s

And sengoku is retired so him being out of shape is expected.

If anything it should be less about Kurehai being an anolmaly and more of as an example of what a human in the OP verse is capable of at her old age(fighting wise)

Well, in the real world humans can live to be 110, but that doesn't mean it's common.

Even by One Piece standards 70 is still old. Garp is around the same age and flat out said once that he's not as strong as he used to be, and that was before he retired. And he's perfectly healthy. Not saying there aren't plenty of old characters in OP that can still fight, but it doesn't mean age isn't affecting them.