Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Well this is the first time we're seeing a legit top tier fighter's origin story. This kind of monstrous strength at a young age could be the norm for most, if not all of them. Kaido probably was most definitely a monster like she was too lol

That's true, before the origin story I figured Big Mom was the weakest Yonkou but that doesn't mean much when you see her at 9 on God Tier and ish. Kaido's backstory is one I'd be hype to read...Ghengis Khan connections for days.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Killing Giants who used to lead pirate crews before her 10th bday and without any training is still more extreme than anything we've seen.
considering shes a natural monster, that aint hard to believe

Giants in OP live up to 350 years and Yorou was 345, thats like a normal human in our world living up to 70s and or 80s, someone that old is easy to take down even by a kid because of how old and fragile they are.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Man this chapter is the type of shyt that makes me say Oda made a top five series of all time in the manga world. There aren't too many series that can reach so many levels and topics meanwhile just getting better as the years go.

Yes I'm a stan but shyt like this makes me just think if you don't believe one piece is the greatest of all time category you're either a casual who can't take the long series shyt who only shows up once in a while when a anime series hits main stream popularity reaching netflix or some shyt or you really never took the time to actually give one piece a chance.

Or you could just have complete shyt taste.

My nikkas we getting chapters like this.
i dont mean to stan either

but theres a reason why One piece is the successor and has been of Dragonball

Dont get me wrong there are times when I think the story does something :sadcam: but as an overall story which is dope plus the worldbuilding, adventure that leads to endless possiblties and other stuff I cant name rn, its what has made it my fav series.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I swear, I didn't realize on the first read that she actually ate everybody, I thought they just left her. That's some subtle writing for a Shonen Manga. And it makes her "Tea Parties" a lot more disturbing.

Oda. :wow:

Good chapter tho. Helped make a somewhat shytty day (due to work stuff as well as political stuff going on) a little better. That said I'm glad the flashback was only two chapters and we're getting back to the wedding.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
No Carmel had the soul fruit bruh.

Big Mum was in such a frenzy that while she was eating she at the table and everyone else leaving only bits and pieces behind (there's blood splatter in some places on the ground too). She also gained Carmel's powers after she ate her which is a new revelation.

You know I got a theory about this. I don't think Big Mom got the power directly from eating Mother Caramel.

I actually think this is a big hint about how Blackbeard was able to steal Whitebeard's fruit and what his crew is up to now. And clearly he didn't eat Whitebeard. What I actually think happens is that when a Devil Fruit user dies, the nearest fruit to their body becomes a Devil Fruit. In Big Mom's case she would've eaten the nearest fruit because she ate everything in the area.

For Blackbeard, he most likely kept a fruit on him when he went to kill Whitebeard, and when he covered Whitebeard's body all he actually did was eat the fruit he had with him, which had turned into a DF when Whitebeard died. That's probably also how Doflamingo ended up with Ace's DF, he was probably knowledgeable enough to keep a fruit on him in case a DF user died. Right now Burgess actually is just carrying regular fruit with him, so they can turn into Devil Fruits any time he kills a DF user.

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
You know I got a theory about this. I don't think Big Mom got the power directly from eating Mother Caramel.

I actually think this is a big hint about how Blackbeard was able to steal Whitebeard's fruit and what his crew is up to now. And clearly he didn't eat Whitebeard. What I actually think happens is that when a Devil Fruit user dies, the nearest fruit to their body becomes a Devil Fruit. In Big Mom's case she would've eaten the nearest fruit because she ate everything in the area.

For Blackbeard, he most likely kept a fruit on him when he went to kill Whitebeard, and when he covered Whitebeard's body all he actually did was eat the fruit he had with him, which had turned into a DF when Whitebeard died. That's probably also how Doflamingo ended up with Ace's DF, he was probably knowledgeable enough to keep a fruit on him in case a DF user died. Right now Burgess actually is just carrying regular fruit with him, so they can turn into Devil Fruits any time he kills a DF user.

Well you're not wrong about the df being transferred into the nearest fruit, we saw that happen on punk hazard when smiley died and the apple turned into one. It'd just be cool if there was more ways for someone to gain an ability.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
The more I think about this, the more legit disturbing this is.

Those Tea Parties Big Mom likes to throw? Her love of huge cakes? She's just trying to relive that last birthday party with Mother Caramel and the other orphans. Not knowing the whole time that she was actually trying to relive the party where she ate and killed all of them. She's spent her entire life trying to relive the day when she killed and ate her foster mother and all of her foster siblings.

That's some dark shyt if you think about it.

GhostoftheMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Straight Outta Homeworld
considering shes a natural monster, that aint hard to believe

Giants in OP live up to 350 years and Yorou was 345, thats like a normal human in our world living up to 70s and or 80s, someone that old is easy to take down even by a kid because of how old and fragile they are.
Whitebeard was also like 70 when he was giving admirals that work and had an entire armada shook

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Whitebeard was also like 70 when he was giving admirals that work and had an entire armada shook

Humans in One Piece can live to 140 bruh(look at Kurehai)

Hence why Sengoku who is older than WB was still moving like a he 40 year old middle Age man in our world.
Obviously not in his prime. But not fragile and to old in the OPverse

WB had heart and medical issues .

Falcozer

Superstar
Daps
Humans in One Piece can live to 140 bruh(look at Kurehai)

Hence why Sengoku who is older than WB was still moving like a he 40 year old middle Age man in our world.
Obviously not in his prime. But not fragile and to old in the OPverse

WB had heart and medical issues .
I think Kureha is an exception. If you look at Sengoku, Garp or Tsuru now they are in their 70s and look older than Kureha.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
I think Kureha is an exception. If you look at Sengoku, Garp or Tsuru now they are in their 70s and look older than Kureha.
There r people at their 30 and 40s look older than some some people in 60s

She just got good genes

Oda has stated lifespan 140 so its fact. so that dont change anything

Falcozer

Superstar
Daps

She just got good genes

We saw no other humans living over 100 years in One Piece so I got it she was an exception.

GhostoftheMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Straight Outta Homeworld

She just got good genes

The oldest person we know about is Dr Kureha and she is An anomaly at this point because we've never seen anyone older and it seems to be under the right conditions. They were calling whitebeard old during the war. I think its hard to pinpoint how strong people are based on age when Sengoku went from super brolic to round mound in two years.

Tsuru is 76 and looks in worse shape than Jarl or Jorl

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
We saw no other humans living over 100 years in One Piece so I got it she was an exception.

The oldest person we know about is Dr Kureha and she is An anomaly at this point because we've never seen anyone older and it seems to be under the right conditions. They were calling whitebeard old during the war. I think its hard to pinpoint how strong people are based on age when Sengoku went from super brolic to round mound in two years.

Tsuru is 76 and looks in worse shape than Jarl or Jorl
We havent been following much of any old characters in this series so we cant say shes an exception either. Bit what we have seen the old characters r still fighing capable at 70s and 80s

And sengoku is retired so him being out of shape is expected.

If anything it should be less about Kurehai being an anolmaly and more of as an example of what a human in the OP verse is capable of at her old age(fighting wise)