Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
Kaido wasn't lying man :wow:

Skph0ya.png

All these supernovas are in over their head. They took out some shichibukai and thought shyt was sweet :mjlol:

Y'all gon learn :umad:

Beer Drinker

Blue Moon Cappuccino Oatmeal Stout
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Well that failed spectacularly. Ouch.

Somebody dying outchea.

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
I think Big Mom ate Mother Caramel and the kids unconsciously. You can get devil fruit powers by eating someone :damn:

Luffy going to have to go Gear 4..
It's looking like Gear 5 or 6 right now. Luffy is going to wish he modified it to last longer.

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
Yeah someone is going to die. They definitely miscalculated how powerful Big Mom is. Maybe Sanji's pops can use his army to help the Strawhats get away.

Bege was like :ucku: let me turn I to a castle in this bytch. Bang Bang:boss:

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
Yeah someone is going to die. They definitely miscalculated how powerful Big Mom is. Maybe Sanji's pops can use his army to help the Strawhats get away.

Bege was like :ucku: let me turn I to a castle in this bytch. Bang Bang:boss:
This is what I think is gonna happen. Pops is gonna stop acting like a bytch and make a move

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
This is what I think is gonna happen. Pops is gonna stop acting like a bytch and make a move

Germa or a reappearance from Jimbei's squad could make sense.

Big Mom being low-key hopeful for world peace is an interesting wrinkle to the story too. Leaves some opportunity for a peace deal...then again, there's still that exploding chest to make her even more angry.

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
Germa or a reappearance from Jimbei's squad could make sense.

Big Mom being low-key hopeful for world peace is an interesting wrinkle to the story too. Leaves some opportunity for a peace deal...then again, there's still that exploding chest to make her even more angry.
Her wanting a country where everyone gets along isn't really low-key, it was established at the beginning of the arc to be one of her biggest dreams. We just found out that her dream was motivated by Carmel. With that said, the only way she would even negotiate something like that is if she found out what Mother Carmel was really doing with the kids. But I doubt anyone's gonna tell her that lol

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I'm not so sure about folks saying Big Mom definitely won't go down this arc. I mean, in either scenario this moment was needed to emphasize that Yonkou are definitely not to be trifled with but remember there's still one quietly kept x-factor, the Tamatebako. Besides the fact that whoever opens it will catch a face full of exploding dynamite, the contents of the box are the energy steroid (which were abused by Hody Jones). Technically, this means that Big Mom can both be weakened by opening the box, and then give someone the chance to fight Big Mom at overwhelming strength at the cost of losing some of their lifespan.

Seeing as how Luffy's lifespan has already been structurally shortened over the series (the heavy usage of Gear 2 when his body couldn't handle it yet, the multiple hormone shots from Ivankov) and he's of course the guy who should finish Big Mom himself, there's a good chance he'll end up giving up part of his lifespan to finish the fight there and then. Or alternatively, if Big Mom survives this arc, has either Jinbe or Pedro take the steroids to hold off Big Mom while the others escape, since self sacrifice is also a big theme in the series.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Her wanting a country where everyone gets along isn't really low-key, it was established at the beginning of the arc to be one of her biggest dreams. We just found out that her dream was motivated by Carmel. With that said, the only way she would even negotiate something like that is if she found out what Mother Carmel was really doing with the kids. But I doubt anyone's gonna tell her that lol

The confirmation is important though, as this has been a deception arc and with Big Mom stealing everybody's life span there was always the chance that her aspirations were just a front to draw in more people to steal life span from.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I'm not so sure about folks saying Big Mom definitely won't go down this arc. I mean, in either scenario this moment was needed to emphasize that Yonkou are definitely not to be trifled with but remember there's still one quietly kept x-factor, the Tamatebako. Besides the fact that whoever opens it will catch a face full of exploding dynamite, the contents of the box are the energy steroid (which were abused by Hody Jones). Technically, this means that Big Mom can both be weakened by opening the box, and then give someone the chance to fight Big Mom at overwhelming strength at the cost of losing some of their lifespan.

Seeing as how Luffy's lifespan has already been structurally shortened over the series (the heavy usage of Gear 2 when his body couldn't handle it yet, the multiple hormone shots from Ivankov) and he's of course the guy who should finish Big Mom himself, there's a good chance he'll end up giving up part of his lifespan to finish the fight there and then. Or alternatively, if Big Mom survives this arc, has either Jinbe or Pedro take the steroids to hold off Big Mom while the others escape, since self sacrifice is also a big theme in the series.

I actually thought the steroid will hit her and make her more power but age so she'll absorb the life of her soldiers to compensate making the fight more fair for the strawhats

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
Maybe as foreshadowing, I think Pedro might sacrifice himself by opening the box from fish man island and blowing himself up. :ohhh:

Last edited: