Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I'll just stick to the main negative:

Doing way too much. In this arc/saga Oda gave us a new admiral and about a dozen Strawhat allies, a look at post-timeskip Jesus Burgess, the return of Bellamy, the return of Sabo, the backstory for Law, half of the Strawhats going MIA after getting chased by Big Mom's crew, Usopp awakening Observation Haki and Luffy debuting Gear Fourth on top of the subplots regarding the fairies/Princess Mansherry and Rebecca/Kyros.

That's a lot of shyt and some of it was unnecessarily drawn out and some of it felt kinda pointless (what did Fujitora, Sabo and Burgess really add after the Coliseum part ended?). But the most pointlessly drawn out shyt was the Birdcage, which should've been a device to put the country in peril immediately and push the arc right into the final battle/last stand when instead that shyt went on forever and ever (no joke, it has been over a year since the issue where Doflamingo set up the Birdcage over the island).

Objection

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
:comeon:

Villains don't die in One Piece. There has NEVER been a case when the arc villain was killed off at the end of an arc, so it's not going to start now. Doffy won't die...he either goes to prison or gets kidnapped by one of Kaido's people.

Anyway...anybody besides me feel like Oda is dragging this out just to stall for Chapter 800? I kind of feel like Oda has something big planned for 800 (Kaido appearance?) and is kind of stalling for time until then. Going by the past -

Chapter 100 - Strawhats officially enter the Grand Line
Chapter 200 - Luffy vs. Crocodile
Chapter 300 - End of Skypiea
Chapter 400 - Start of the Strawhats vs. CP9 fights
Chapter 500 - First appearance of Silvers Rayleigh
Chapter 600 - Strawhat Reunion
Chapter 700 - Beginning of Dressrosa Arc, Doflamingo revealed to have Ace's fruit

What we expecting for 800 brehs?

I'm guessing by that time we should be back with the other half of the crew. So possibly Big Mom is actually on the ship. I would like to see Kaidou as well. Then again it could be the other admiral.

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
Its a decent arc. I'm tired of hearing the arc was too long shyt though. One Piece didn't receive a large fan base to begin with until recently. And I believe most of those fans have had the luck of being spoiled by watching a 100 episodes in a week without waiting. Like am I the only one to realize Toonami has been airing Water 7/ ennis lobby arc for the past 2 to 3 years now? I honestly remember being a freshman in college typing out a paper and watching one piece on toonami, they were at the beginning of the water 7 arc where they first stopped by the train station. Now I'm worrying about transferring and Luffy just finally saved robin and took her back to water seven lol............... on a side note one piece airing one episode a week on toonami won't generate any new fans because you can't invest into this type of series like that.

But I honestly feel like people are spoiled with the being able to watch a long shounen from the first to last episode without any problems. Even though we all know Dragon Ball Super will obviously have sagas, we will be complaining that they are too long because we can finish db/dbz/dbgt within a few months if we wanted to because we have access too all the episodes. I mean even as kids we had toonami on a daily basis before it switched to Saturdays.

I do agree that there was too much in this arc. But we should know to never question Oda in why he put something in his work considering hes 1000 steps ahead of us and he's never put something in the story to be pointless yet, for example laboon being at the beginning of the series and then being brought back up for brook.

maybe luffy gained so many allies this arc because if they have a future war he has that many allies? shyt whitebeard had many homies to that he met on his adventures and they were all there to help save ace.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Its a decent arc. I'm tired of hearing the arc was too long shyt though. One Piece didn't receive a large fan base to begin with until recently.

:dahell:

One Piece is the highest selling manga of all time and has been for years. Dunno where you got the idea that it's only recently popular... :dahell:

And I believe most of those fans have had the luck of being spoiled by watching a 100 episodes in a week without waiting. Like am I the only one to realize Toonami has been airing Water 7/ ennis lobby arc for the past 2 to 3 years now? I honestly remember being a freshman in college typing out a paper and watching one piece on toonami, they were at the beginning of the water 7 arc where they first stopped by the train station. Now I'm worrying about transferring and Luffy just finally saved robin and took her back to water seven lol............... on a side note one piece airing one episode a week on toonami won't generate any new fans because you can't invest into this type of series like that.

But I honestly feel like people are spoiled with the being able to watch a long shounen from the first to last episode without any problems. Even though we all know Dragon Ball Super will obviously have sagas, we will be complaining that they are too long because we can finish db/dbz/dbgt within a few months if we wanted to because we have access too all the episodes. I mean even as kids we had toonami on a daily basis before it switched to Saturdays.

I do agree that there was too much in this arc. But we should know to never question Oda in why he put something in his work considering hes 1000 steps ahead of us and he's never put something in the story to be pointless yet, for example laboon being at the beginning of the series and then being brought back up for brook.

Breh, let's be reality...Dressrosa is long as fukk. And this is from somebody who was following the manga long before One Piece started airing on Toonami. It's literally the longest arc in the series.

It started at Chapter 700, we're almost at 800 and it's just now ending, so 90+ chapters. That's longer than Alabasta (62 something chappters), Skypiea (65 chapters), Water 7 (about 50 chapters), Enies Lobby (about 55 chapters), or Thriller Bark (40 something chapters). Dressrosa was good but there was no reason for it to be that long. The subplot with the dwarves could've been cut completely, the tournament could've been shorter, and they could've spent less time running around. If all the arcs are this long we're going to die of old age before Luffy finds One Piece.

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
:dahell:

One Piece is the highest selling manga of all time and has been for years. Dunno where you got the idea that it's only recently popular... :dahell:

Breh, let's be reality...Dressrosa is long as fukk. And this is from somebody who was following the manga long before One Piece started airing on Toonami. It's literally the longest arc in the series.

It started at Chapter 700, we're almost at 800 and it's just now ending, so 90+ chapters. That's longer than Alabasta (62 something chappters), Skypiea (65 chapters), Water 7 (about 50 chapters), Enies Lobby (about 55 chapters), or Thriller Bark (40 something chapters). Dressrosa was good but there was no reason for it to be that long. The subplot with the dwarves could've been cut completely, the tournament could've been shorter, and they could've spent less time running around. If all the arcs are this long we're going to die of old age before Luffy finds One Piece.

IMO I count water 7 and Enies Lobby as one arc but I guess you're right considering I didn't know this arc has been 90 plus chapters.
I still don't think anything in this arc is considered "pointless". Like I said, something in this arc could have been worthless now but come back to tie something together later on. The dwarves could easily be used for something in the future.

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
Everybody else have the same thought that Sanji and his crew will be captured and luffy will have to save them?

I'm leading towards that.... But then I have this feeling big mom will find sanji attractive and there won't be no beef. But then again I forget why sanji is after them lol.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I always thought Big Mom might force Sanji to cook for her. :russ:

And Sanji isn't after Big Mom, it's the opposite. Big Mom is after Caesar Clown (apparently he stole some money from her at some point) and Caesar happens to be on the Straw Hats' ship.

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
Last chapter Luffy was passed out and he won't be able to rest if something happens to sanji and them.

I wonder what will happen because usually after luffy and the gang save a place or someone they take a few days off and relax.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think the arc was great. It was very ambitious but well executed IMO. Oda introduced alot of new characters and subplots, but wrapped them all up and gave damn near every named character a role in chaos of birdcage.:obama: complaints about stalling or doing too much will only be relevant to weekly readers anyway in the long run