Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
All I know is the body count of the manga after this arc better be three. Luffy better hit Donflamingo so hard whatever strings he's using to hold himself together falls apart. :ufdup:

Two predictions down (break after Luffy recovers and final attack knocks Doffy's glasses off) a couple more to go. :win:

Kaido, we see you. :youngsabo:

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
Rayleigh tells Luffy that he needs something better than kong gun to take out larger enemeis and gear 4 puts too much pressure on his body. Luffy's response is to just make a bigger kong gun :pachaha:

:laff: I was thinking the same thing.

At first I was like 'This is it. Luffy is about to ascend to another level' :ohhh:

Then all we got was a bigger punch attack :dead:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Meh, chapter was boring, nothing happened. I don't think we needed to dedicate 16 pages to announcing that Luffy won. I thought we'd at least see Doflamingo's eyes...

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
Meh, chapter was boring, nothing happened. I don't think we needed to dedicate 16 pages to announcing that Luffy won. I thought we'd at least see Doflamingo's eyes...

I think we will. I'm pretty sure Law is going to go down there and make sure Doflamingo is dead.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I think we will. I'm pretty sure Law is going to go down there and make sure Doflamingo is dead.

:comeon:

Villains don't die in One Piece. There has NEVER been a case when the arc villain was killed off at the end of an arc, so it's not going to start now. Doffy won't die...he either goes to prison or gets kidnapped by one of Kaido's people.

Anyway...anybody besides me feel like Oda is dragging this out just to stall for Chapter 800? I kind of feel like Oda has something big planned for 800 (Kaido appearance?) and is kind of stalling for time until then. Going by the past -

Chapter 100 - Strawhats officially enter the Grand Line
Chapter 200 - Luffy vs. Crocodile
Chapter 300 - End of Skypiea
Chapter 400 - Start of the Strawhats vs. CP9 fights
Chapter 500 - First appearance of Silvers Rayleigh
Chapter 600 - Strawhat Reunion
Chapter 700 - Beginning of Dressrosa Arc, Doflamingo revealed to have Ace's fruit

What we expecting for 800 brehs?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
How are the rest of you feeling about this arc now that it's just about finished up?

Some of my thoughts... (positives and negatives)

Positives:
+ Donflamingo. We get to see his crew in action, we finally find out who he is and what he does after being built up for years :ohh:
Plus, he's by far the best villain they've gone up against since the timeskip, way better that cornballs like Hody Jones :flabbynsick:

+ Law's backstory and past with Corazon, Corazon's tragic death, and the origin of Law's vendetta against Donflamingo :lupe:

+ The Return of Sabo, which confirmed the theory that he had joined up with the revolutionaries :banderas:

+ Franky vs. Senor Pink Their fight should have been longer :salute:

+Gear 4th, and Luffy's final battle with Donflamingo :krs:

Negatives:

-too long and drawn out overall. The arc feels like it was overly bloated with way too many subplots going on at once. Some of these stories would have been better had they been saved for a future arc.

-too many random tertiary characters and all these other lames stayed getting way more shine than most of the Strawhats in this arc.
:beli: at Robin STILL not getting a fight. And what happened to Chopper, Nami, Sanji, and Brook? We haven't seen them in more than a year :damn: