Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
Reading dressrosa and watching the anime I think this might be the best arc so far...:to: that's my manga writer

It's easily the best arc since the new world. It should be really dope once it gets animated

Bart with the barrier pistol :banderas:

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
Descendant of the fighting fishes. Immediately gets bodied :dead:
Dude looked like a great opponent for Sanji. Still thinking about how much of a waste that was.....:skip:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
It's easily the best arc since the new world. It should be really dope once it gets animated

Bart with the barrier pistol :banderas:

Once it "gets" animated? :wtf:

Breh, the anime is already deep into the arc, I think the episode last Saturday was when Sabo got Ace's Devil Fruit. The arc is ok in the anime I guess, but IMO the anime suffers from running so close to the manga. Each episode only covers one chapter, so it tends to drrraaaaaaggg.,

I'd agree that Dressrosa is the best arc in the New World, but to be fair the only other arcs in the New World have been Fishman Island and Punk Hazard, so that's not a huge bar. Plotwise it's really good but I think Oda is dragging this arc out too long. And before anybody thinks I'm just whining, this is actually the longest arc in the entire series. It started in March 2015 and it's already 2015 with no end in sight. IMO the arc would've really benefited if Oda had streamlined it a little better and cut some of the unnecessary subplots. In particular I could live without the stuff with the dwarves. Been waiting for Luffy vs. Doffy for two years and shyt is still getting put off. :why:

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang

Breh, the anime is already deep into the arc, I think the episode last Saturday was when Sabo got Ace's Devil Fruit. The arc is ok in the anime I guess, but IMO the anime suffers from running so close to the manga. Each episode only covers one chapter, so it tends to drrraaaaaaggg.,

I'd agree that Dressrosa is the best arc in the New World, but to be fair the only other arcs in the New World have been Fishman Island and Punk Hazard, so that's not a huge bar. Plotwise it's really good but I think Oda is dragging this arc out too long. And before anybody thinks I'm just whining, this is actually the longest arc in the entire series. It started in March 2015 and it's already 2015 with no end in sight. IMO the arc would've really benefited if Oda had streamlined it a little better and cut some of the unnecessary subplots. In particular I could live without the stuff with the dwarves. Been waiting for Luffy vs. Doffy for two years and shyt is still getting put off. :why:

I meant when the entire arc is animated; I hate having to wait week after week for one episode and the dragging issue you mentioned doesn't help

teacher

All Star
Daps

animated is only ok? :wtf:

god usopp moment probably one of the greatest scenes in anime history, Rebecca back story, kyros backstory, doflamingo and fujitora going ham, Lucy sonning the fukk out of old niccas that had it and ending grudges, reveal of Sabo, Sabo going ham dress rossa back story, tontatta backstory, the addition of all the formidable allies the strawhats are forming, anime> manga with this arc...never seems like it drags to me and I be pausing and rewinding when I think my wife ain't watching. She doesn't read manga.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
animated is only ok? :wtf:

god usopp moment probably one of the greatest scenes in anime history, Rebecca back story, kyros backstory, doflamingo and fujitora going ham, Lucy sonning the fukk out of old niccas that had it and ending grudges, reveal of Sabo, Sabo going ham dress rossa back story, tontatta backstory, the addition of all the formidable allies the strawhats are forming, anime> manga with this arc...never seems like it drags to me and I be pausing and rewinding when I think my wife ain't watching. She doesn't read manga.

The anime has been falling off since post-Enies Lobby, breh. Horrible pacing, inconsistent animation, Toei is absolutely disgusting for how little they want to spend on the most popular franchise in manga.

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
I've liked every other dwarf chapter but wasn't feeling this one.
Leo is still one of my favorites though.
Ever since he stitched his grandmother to the wall.

Objection

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
Not the best chapter but I'm happy they are getting the small fry out of the way. I guess next week we get Frank vs Senor Pink? Or do Baby 5 and Buffalo need to be dealt with again

Switch

All Star
Daps
Boring but necessary chapter, finally got the Dwarf shyt out of the way. So between that healing ability, Leo's stitching and the ope ope no mi reattaching Law's arm is pretty much covered.

Franky v Senor, Zoro v Pica and Diamante v Kyros are whats left before going back to Doffy v Luffy and Law.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Agree, first boring chap in a while but now at least most of the low tier Mingo execs are done.

Let's get that Franky vs Senor Pink on already

teacher

All Star
Daps
The anime has been falling off since post-Enies Lobby, breh. Horrible pacing, inconsistent animation, Toei is absolutely disgusting for how little they want to spend on the most popular franchise in manga.
I agree up until this arc....been fire since aokiji saved smoker