Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I thought Sai seemed lame, but having a boss at kicking instead of a pointy head headbutting cat is an improvement and Luffy getting a navy as allies is bound to be useful. Baby 5 getting a backstory was interesting, Doflamingo knew how to pick his subordinates. Lao G is a dope character so I'm disappointed he got one paneled but dude put in work before that and dying of old age mid-battle but coming back had me dying. Pica continues to be a terrible character. I hope the King Punch is used to break the bird cage or some ish, not to interfere with a fight. I'm assuming all of the guys we see win in this war will wind up being Luffy's call-on for back-up squad in future major battles (most likely right away since Luffy's gonna have at least one emperor in his face soon and possibly two). It's tough having a no Luffy chapter but I get it. At least we're boiling down to fewer focal points in each chapter, it's a better way to advance the story and narrow things down. I'm eager to see Luffy and the Don but at least the battles are reading as fully realized now.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I thought Sai seemed lame, but having a boss at kicking instead of a pointy head headbutting cat is an improvement and Luffy getting a navy as allies is bound to be useful. Baby 5 getting a backstory was interesting, Doflamingo knew how to pick his subordinates. Lao G is a dope character so I'm disappointed he got one paneled but dude put in work before that and dying of old age mid-battle but coming back had me dying. Pica continues to be a terrible character. I hope the King Punch is used to break the bird cage or some ish, not to interfere with a fight. I'm assuming all of the guys we see win in this war will wind up being Luffy's call-on for back-up squad in future major battles (most likely right away since Luffy's gonna have at least one emperor in his face soon and possibly two). It's tough having a no Luffy chapter but I get it. At least we're boiling down to fewer focal points in each chapter, it's a better way to advance the story and narrow things down. I'm eager to see Luffy and the Don but at least the battles are reading as fully realized now.

Yeah, I've always imagined that at the end of the series all of the allies that the Straw Hats have made will show up to back them. Like, all of the Marines and Admirals show up and the Straw Hats are facing certain death, then all of a sudden -

-The Alabasta Royal Army shows up
-The Franky Family shows up
-The Foreman from Water 7 show up
-Boa Hancock and the Kuja Pirates show up
-Those guys that the crew helped on Saabody show up (including dude who looks like Sanji's poster)
-The prisoners he freed from Impel Down show up
-The surviving Whitebeard Pirates show up
-The Army from Fishman Island shows up, plus Jinbei and the remaining Sun Pirates
-Brownbeard and the rest of the people from Punk Hazard show up
-Sai and his army show up
-Bart and his crew show up
-A punch of the tournament fighters from this arc show up
-The Dwarves show up
-Whatever other allies the make later

I think everybody showing up at once to help the Straw Hats at the end could be epic if it's done right. :wow:

IMO the story is building up to it. There are a LOT of people that owe the crew a favor.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Yeah, I've always imagined that at the end of the series all of the allies that the Straw Hats have made will show up to back them. Like, all of the Marines and Admirals show up and the Straw Hats are facing certain death, then all of a sudden -

-Those guys that the crew helped on Saabody show up (including dude who looks like Sanji's poster)
-The Army from Fishman Island shows up, plus Jinbei and the remaining Sun Pirates
-The Dwarves show up

I think everybody showing up at once to help the Straw Hats at the end could be epic if it's done right. :wow:

IMO the story is building up to it. There are a LOT of people that owe the crew a favor.

Dead on fam, I picture Luffy having a collection of allies similar to White Beard (White Beard called them family, Luffy says Nakama). I think Marineford leading to the second major part will be paralleled heavy in a future battle.

wise prophet

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought it was a good chapter, but I can see why others wouldn't care for it. A bunch of side characters that haven't really been given good development prior taking up an entire chapter is gonna cause issues. Combine that with more important battles with more prominent characters taking place plus the constant breaks Oda takes that drags out this arc out even further...gonna be a lot of impatience.

I'm not surprised by how things have been written tho. One Piece has never been that great when it comes to fights, and it's gotten even worse over the years, but I've accepted that.

IAmGettingAMailOrderBride

I'm Getting A Mail Order Bride
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
BlackieRobinson

-The Dwarves show up

Revolutionary army too

IAmGettingAMailOrderBride

I'm Getting A Mail Order Bride
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
BlackieRobinson
^^^ I didn't even know there was a chapter this week, thanks

- I hope ideo is dead and not just Pell Status
- Bart X Cabbage is the new zoro x sanji
- I think robin might face trebol or help beat diamanté
- why isn't zoro fighting his guy
- Dellinger is part fighting fish, pretty nice
- Hakuba looks like anonymous

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Great chapter for christmas :lawd:

Barto still top 3 new character this arc
Knew Hakuba would make an appearance just not so soon
Dellinger being a fighting fish is cool, the crossdressing makes a little more sense now.
kyros vs diamante is kinda lame I hope robin spices it up

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang

Indeed :ehh:

How would you guys feel about them becoming permanent members of the strawhat crew :patrice:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City

Pretty good chapter.... I hear it wasn't suppose to release until next week and then there was suppose to be a 2 week break..... meaning there might be 3 weeks until the next chapter:scust: