Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

IAmGettingAMailOrderBride

I'm Getting A Mail Order Bride
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
BlackieRobinson
I think the mangapanda translations were funnier than the mangastream this week

I hope my wife @honestly? Is like baby 5

I always love the dramatic faces of the eyes popping out and also how Oda can make any character look cool or strong at any given moment

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
I liked the chapter even though I don't like Sai and how my nikka Don Chinjao got beat.

I was also expecting a lot more from Lao G. Kinda bummed his fight was over so fast. Him beating Don made him look more legit, but then to get one shotted a few pages later. :beli:

I was fine with the showcasing as long as important fights aren't getting decided during them or off screen. Hope Oda doesn't waste any more of the Mingo family.

Real rap that had to be the most random character choice for stannage I've ever seen. Dude was hella forgettable in Jaya, just a generic a$$hole. I thought he was just a tool to convey the contrasting attitudes and demeanor of most pirates on the seas and Luffy.

@Pifferry why do you like bellamy anyway
He was one of my favorite villains in Jaya, had really well written scenes and was so crazy that I couldn't help but love to hate him so when he returned I was automatically drawn to his character and then when he revealed how he changed and the more scenes he got I began to really like him.
Honestly I think he's one of the best written characters in One Piece :yeshrug:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I didn't really care for this chapter that much.

It was mildly funny but it still just felt like a bunch of fodders fighting each other, it didn't really feel like the outcome mattered.

I'm about ready to see Zoro put in work against Pica and Luffy put in work against Doffy. The rest of it I can do without...:snooze:

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps

It was mildly funny but it still just felt like a bunch of fodders fighting each other, it didn't really feel like the outcome mattered.

I'm about ready to see Zoro put in work against Pica and Luffy put in work against Doffy. The rest of it I can do without...:snooze:

Zoro-one-piece-13183366-500-282.gif

Soon...

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
Even when I die, they won't worry me
Mama don't cry, bury me a (Lao) G

:wow:

I don't know why you guys are complaining. These side fights are important to the story. It was mentioned by one of the characters that Donflamingo made a mistake by inviting the toughest fighters of the New World to his Colosseum because now they have turned against him. Now chapter by chapter, we are seeing his Executives get bodied by the fighters he intended to use as slaves. :popcorn:

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
Wow this is going nowhere.
Getting the fights out of the way is going nowhere? I've seen only a few people say this on various places but I just don't understand how anyone can say this because it's just so dumb. Knocking off the executives one chapter at a time in an epic fashion is bad? Staying in one place for an entire chapter is bad now? You do realize that with each executive that drops the closer you are to your precious dofla fight right? Oh but I guess you want Oda to turn into a hack writer and not follow through with his set up and leave a massive hole in the arc is that correct?
I've learned to let me not getting what I want to see hold any bearing on how I take what I actually get and I think other people should learn that.
Luckily this is what I wanted to see anyways.

The word fodder should be banned.

I was expecting this to be the majority opinion on this chapter but surprisingly wherever I went this chapter was getting wild praise, even from people who hated on the spoilers :leon:

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
Not to mention that all the things Oda accomplished in the single chapter show how great of a writer he is.
He was able to expand on 4 different characters and develop each of them except Lao G, set up Baby 5's future as a side character and expand on the Happou navy while making Sai into a memorable hard boiled character and set up Zoro vs Pica more raising the stakes and the Kings Punch which will definitely have a big role while mixing great humor into it all along with spectacular character interactions and providing a dark twist on Baby 5's psyche while still making it funny and making her relationship with the Family pretty twisted with the convenient comment by Lao G and what it revealed about the way Doflamingo raised her juxtaposing with how Sai views her problem
Just a lot of great stuff and a beautiful spread.

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
Getting the fights out of the way is going nowhere? I've seen only a few people say this on various places but I just don't understand how anyone can say this because it's just so dumb. Knocking off the executives one chapter at a time in an epic fashion is bad? Staying in one place for an entire chapter is bad now? You do realize that with each executive that drops the closer you are to your precious dofla fight right? Oh but I guess you want Oda to turn into a hack writer and not follow through with his set up and leave a massive hole in the arc is that correct?
I've learned to let me not getting what I want to see hold any bearing on how I take what I actually get and I think other people should learn that.
Luckily this is what I wanted to see anyways.

The word fodder should be banned.

I was expecting this to be the majority opinion on this chapter but surprisingly wherever I went this chapter was getting wild praise, even from people who hated on the spoilers :leon:
Calm down.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Even when I die, they won't worry me
Mama don't cry, bury me a (Lao) G

:wow:

I don't know why you guys are complaining. These side fights are important to the story. It was mentioned by one of the characters that Donflamingo made a mistake by inviting the toughest fighters of the New World to his Colosseum because now they have turned against him. Now chapter by chapter, we are seeing his Executives get bodied by the fighters he intended to use as slaves. :popcorn:

Yeah, I thought it was a bit off with the sudden attention to the giant but now it seems Oda's affirming the place a lot of these guys will hold in the future of the story.

And Oda's a damn fool making Lao G's soul leave his body in the middle of a fight because he's near dead.