Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
lol @ saying the dwarves should be cut. Along with Kyros/Toy Soldier they're like the most important characters of the arc. If anything, we could've done without the introduction of the roughly 20 arena fighters who are now also getting fights and exposition. I mean, it's always great to see Oda characters get some shine but this might've been the wrong arc to do something like that given its length.

I didn't mind the arena intros. We could probably do without seeing these guys in mini-duels though. I'm down to watch the Strawhats in one-off chapters where their fights get the entire focus over the jumping around, I think it makes for better fights to see things in linear fashion. I thought Baby 5 going Romeo and Juliet mid-fight was funny as hell though.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm cool with the arena fighters getting shine.

Like take Dagma or Abdullah and Jeet. All of them got their moments and shine. Look at their designs. In ANY other series do you see these type of characters as anything else than fodder in a filler episode or some shyt? To me that's what makes Oda the goat.

There's still probably gonna be chapters for the main fights but this showcase aint bad, it's good to switch it up. Last type of thing like this was maineford. It gives a good feel for the scale of chaos in birdcage. All these characters fighting at once.:blessed:

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
So we gonna act like that punch from Bellamy da Gawd wouldn't have bodied Sanji? :mjpls:

Bellamy stans :smh:

Sanji would've punted his ass back to the Jaya arc before that he even connected. The only reason that punch connected was because Luffy let his 'friendship' with Bellamy hold him back. Not me though. I would've bodied him and apologized when he became conscious again.

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
First mingo officer is down.:ooh:

But that giant that beat him.:patrice: He's got a backstory...and a dream...:merchant:

giphy.gif

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I liked the chapter even though I don't like Sai and how my nikka Don Chinjao got beat.

I was also expecting a lot more from Lao G. Kinda bummed his fight was over so fast. Him beating Don made him look more legit, but then to get one shotted a few pages later. :beli:

I was fine with the showcasing as long as important fights aren't getting decided during them or off screen. Hope Oda doesn't waste any more of the Mingo family.

Lol at the thought of bellamy having stans :heh:

Real rap that had to be the most random character choice for stannage I've ever seen. Dude was hella forgettable in Jaya, just a generic a$$hole. I thought he was just a tool to convey the contrasting attitudes and demeanor of most pirates on the seas and Luffy.

@Pifferry why do you like bellamy anyway