Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

Books

Rookie
Daps
Brehs, where can I find a good scan/translation of OP? I'm starting from the beginning.
I did this years ago and I'll tell you it can be a pain at times. The scan group changed multiple times over the years so the quality can vastly differ. Some chapters were damn near unreadable, but I powered through since I already loved the series so much.

You can download chapters 1-697 here http://bakabt.me/details.php?id=150884&page=21#comments

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
I did this years ago and I'll tell you it can be a pain at times. The scan group changed multiple times over the years so the quality can vastly differ. Some chapters were damn near unreadable, but I powered through since I already loved the series so much.

You can download chapters 1-697 here http://bakabt.me/details.php?id=150884&page=21#comments
:melough:

I don't understand how OP can have such shytty translations when it's thee most popular manga ever.

Books

Rookie
Daps

I don't understand how OP can have such shytty translations when it's thee most popular manga ever.
I felt the same way. It's mostly some of the older chapters. That Bakabt batch collects more of the good quality scans so you should be able to get through it without too much trouble.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

Keep in mind how long One Piece has been running. The original manga started in 1997 and the anime's been going since 1999. A lot of people didn't even have Internet back then, much were they scanning and translating manga. By the time more people were on the net and reading manga, those chapters were old (and the anime was out anyway) so they just didn't get much attention.

To be honest, I'd suggest starting out watching the anime and switching to the manga later on. Generally around Thriller Bark is when I suggest switching to the manga since the anime drags around there.

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
I felt the same way. It's mostly some of the older chapters. That Bakabt batch collects more of the good quality scans so you should be able to get through it without too much trouble.
DLing it now. I've been watching the Water 7/Enies Lobby arc but I want start from the beginning.

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Keep in mind how long One Piece has been running. The original manga started in 1997 and the anime's been going since 1999. A lot of people didn't even have Internet back then, much were they scanning and translating manga. By the time more people were on the net and reading manga, those chapters were old (and the anime was out anyway) so they just didn't get much attention.

To be honest, I'd suggest starting out watching the anime and switching to the manga later on. Generally around Thriller Bark is when I suggest switching to the manga since the anime drags around there.
I'd rather read the manga. Shonen animes are a mine field.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'd rather read the manga. Shonen animes are a mine field.

That's true, but the One Piece anime is pretty faithful and has very little filler until later on. And watching the anime, the translations/dialogue are better than manga scans I've seen for the earlier arcs. Plus the anime has epic music.

Do you tho breh. :ld:

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
That's true, but the One Piece anime is pretty faithful and has very little filler until later on. And watching the anime, the translations/dialogue are better than manga scans I've seen for the earlier arcs. Plus the anime has epic music.

Do you tho breh. :ld:
How many episodes do I have to watch in order to switch over?

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

Depends on where you want to switch over...Thriller Bark is around 300 episodes in (:skip:) but you could switch to the manga earlier if you really wanted to.

But to be honest, most people who start the anime get hooked and end up marathoning it most of the way though. Happens to the best of us.

Ask @winb83 @TheStoicGhost @Jigganaut @GetInTheTruck

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam

I can't say where you could best step into the manga, but I can say the best moment to step out of the anime is after Water 7/Enies Lobby. That's probably the last arc in the anime before the show runs into pacing problems, they start dragging things out and the animation progressively gets worse.