Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
:heh: fukk was Rebecca trying to do?

Kinda hoping this Operation SOP wraps up soon. Far more interesting subplots elsewhere.

I'm actually most interested in Operation SOP, simply because we'll get a fight where both Usopp and Robin will have to push themselves. Robin has almost never been in a direct fight and Usopp needs to step his manhood up.

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
They bore me tbh. Especially the way Rebecca got smacked around just now. How you gon' be famous for never attacking but being really good at dodging...you ain't Mayweather!
She had her priciples breh. Soldier San taught her it, she was fighting against the lust for blood established by Doflamingo, her attacking Diamante was a major shift.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

Randomly ran across this...the 4kids dub of Luffy and Vivi's argument. In case anybody is wondering why that dub ruined OP in America.

Shyt is literally painful to watch. It's actually pretty understandable why it put people off to the series. Basically...music sucks, voices really suck (esp. Sanji) they censored the part where Luffy punches Vivi (for no reason) and the dialogue isn't even what was actually said in the real anime.

Objection

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana

Randomly ran across this...the 4kids dub of Luffy and Vivi's argument. In case anybody is wondering why that dub ruined OP in America.

Shyt is literally painful to watch. It's actually pretty understandable why it put people off to the series. Basically...music sucks, voices really suck (esp. Sanji) they censored the part where Luffy punches Vivi (for no reason) and the dialogue isn't even what was actually said in the real anime.

What happened to the days of good voice acting? I remember watching anime when I was younger and the English voice acting was great. Sounds like they just pulled people off the street in that clip. Whoever cast those people should be fired.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
What happened to the days of good voice acting? I remember watching anime when I was younger and the English voice acting was great. Sounds like they just pulled people off the street in that clip. Whoever cast those people should be fired.

It's not really that voice acting in general is bad, it's more that THIS voice acting is horrible...4kids is notorious for that and they went out of their way to try to censor it. Like when Nami's mom got shot by Arlong, the 4kids dub changed it so Arlong just put her in prison. They literally edited in a picture of Bellemere sitting in jail.

The Funimation dub is actually good.

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
Usopp :snoop:

I knew he was going to save the day but breh, the whole arc depends on him right now. :wow:

Despite the way it looks, this is a calculated retreat. There is no way Usopp is going can take them head on.

Last edited:

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
We're on the verge of a Sogeking arrival...I hope.

Daniel-Bryan-Yes-Cheer.gif

That's what I'm hoping for. Usopp is a regular dude. I don't fault him for being scared of some of these freaks of nature.