Essential The Official African History Thread

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
NOOOOOOO

THIS IS BULLshyt

Another desperate ploy by the whiteman to excuse himself for blame of the atrocities commited along with the lie that blacks were savage canniubals living in mud huts

1. THERE ARE NO RECORDS of how many africans were sold by africans, its a complete fabrication

2. did said africans who sold their own people build the boats to transport their own people to the americas?

4. did said africans sell their own people on a stock market...stocks n bonds?

open your eyes
Not only that. Where were the african slaves working when africans are hunter-gathers? there are no plantations, fields or facilities those slaves would have been working in.

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not only that. Where were the african slaves working when africans are hunter-gathers? there are no plantations, fields or facilities those slaves would have been working in.

18th century newspaper article advertising Africans who had JUST arrived on American shores. We came from fully functioning societies

1zb84z4.jpg

Carpenters, black smiths, bricklayers, bakers, hairdressers, dressmakers, printers, surveyors, copper plate printers, perukemakers (those head pieces judges wear) tailors, shoemakers. Not noted here but there were even architects.

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
the big homie bdizzle wanted to do one for Mansa Musa, but I'll start it, he can add on

Mansa_Musa.jpg

609mansamusa.jpg

-the second picture was drawn in Europe after his trip to the Mecca
-Mansa literally means Emperor, also named Kankan Musa
-became the Mansa after his uncle Abu-Bakr II failed to return after a voyage to the Americas
-Most famous for his trip to Mecca, his construction of Timbuktu and the U of Sankore, and the conquest of Songhai
-Spent so much gold in Egypt that the value of it was devalued
-also famous for his construction of huge temples across the continent, which were designed by Abu Ishaq Al Sahili the moor
-Originally planned to stay in the Mecca, but his son was useless as a leader and there was war with Songhai. He returned to his territory as Mali defeated Songhai, and he went there first to make them bow down to him and for them to accept terms of surrender.
-was skilled in diplomacy

MaLi

Pro
Daps
I bought and read a book on his trip to the mecca last week so I could know it in more detail... man if I was wealthy that's a television show I would fund :whew:

How was the book, and can you post the title?

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
How was the book, and can you post the title?

It was short, but it's actually very good.

Here's another one I bought, I expect it to get deeper into the average day to day life in Ghana/Mali/Songhai

enjoy brotha.

next kingdom I'm gonna study is Axum :ehh:

shuuk

Rookie
Daps
The Adal sultanate in the horn of Africa was a multi-ethnic medieval Muslim state. They had trade relations with other regions in Africa, the Middle East and Asia. I don't know a lot about the Adal Sultanate apart from what my father taught me. He was born in Zeila which at one point was the capital of the Adal sultanate. The pictures of the ancient ruins are really cool to see.

Adal.PNG

A lot of the remnants have been destroyed in the civil war
PIC_lavilledeZeila3.jpg

PIC_lavilledeZeila5.jpg

PIC_lavilledeZeila11.jpg

602c66d56df861f65c7f3d6c9f08ec30.jpg
20e5c4f9eff7e00bfc048ffc1bbb0e12.jpg

Last edited:

shuuk

Rookie
Daps
Also wanted to add the cave paintings found in Las Gaal Somaliland.

"The famous Laas Gaal cave paintings in somaliland are among the oldest cave paintings in the horn of africa. The dates of the the rock art range from 9000 to 3000 BC but it must be noted that dating habitation of such open air caves are notoriously difficult let alone dating the time of paintings."
aa17ca1a786c46e3b543ddca3c1dc1821-446x297.jpg

img_2665.jpg

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
the big homie bdizzle wanted to do one for Mansa Musa, but I'll start it, he can add on

Mansa_Musa.jpg

609mansamusa.jpg

-became the Mansa after his uncle Abu-Bakr II failed to return after a voyage to the Americas
-Most famous for his trip to Mecca, his construction of Timbuktu and the U of Sankore, and the conquest of Songhai
-also famous for his construction of huge temples across the continent, which were designed by Abu Ishaq Al Sahili the moor
-Originally planned to stay in the Mecca, but his son was useless as a leader and there was war with Songhai. He returned to his territory as Mali defeated Songhai, and he went there first to make them bow down to him and for them to accept terms of surrender.

Come one breh, this is mansa musa. He was the #1 stunna centuries before baby was even a baby. You gotta do a better post than that :damn:

shuuk

Rookie
Daps
Also wanted to add the cave paintings found in Las Gaal Somaliland.

"The famous Laas Gaal cave paintings in somaliland are among the oldest cave paintings in the horn of africa. The dates of the the rock art range from 9000 to 3000 BC but it must be noted that dating habitation of such open air caves are notoriously difficult let alone dating the time of paintings."
aa17ca1a786c46e3b543ddca3c1dc1821-446x297.jpg

img_2665.jpg
This is one of the first places I will visit when I go back hopefully.

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
The Adal sultanate in the horn of Africa was a multi-ethnic medieval Muslim state. They had trade relations with other regions in Africa, the Middle East and Asia. I don't know a lot about the Adal Sultanate apart from what my father taught me. He was born in Zeila which at one point was the capital of the Adal sultanate. The pictures of the ancient ruins are really cool to see.

Adal.PNG

A lot of the remnants have been destroyed in the civil war
PIC_lavilledeZeila3.jpg

PIC_lavilledeZeila5.jpg

PIC_lavilledeZeila11.jpg

602c66d56df861f65c7f3d6c9f08ec30.jpg
ita06055.jpg
20e5c4f9eff7e00bfc048ffc1bbb0e12.jpg

dope

shuuk

Rookie
Daps

Mansa_Musa.jpg

609mansamusa.jpg

Mansa Musa is the epitome of Black excellence, I will name my first born son Musa.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Boukman Dada, forerunner of the Haitian Revolution

bwa-kayiman-haiti-1791-nicole-jean-louis.jpg.opt900x664o0%2C0s900x664.jpg

• Alternatives name were Dutty Boukman or Dirty Book Man
  • He was sold from Jamaica to Haiti because he taught himself how to read and was caught teaching other slaves how to read
  • In August of 1791 at Bois Caiman he gathered over 1,000 slaves together to start a slave revolt which was the precursor to the Haitian Revolution
  • Under Boukman's leadership, the slaves burned down 1800 plantations and killed up to 15,000 whites during the rebellion.
  • Haitians honored Boukman by admitting him into the pantheon of loa (guiding spirits).
  • Legend has it, he was given the title of "Kufi Smacker" after smacking 14 Kufi's off in 60 seconds :wow:

Quotes about Boukman Dada

Boukman Speaking at Bois Caiman said:
The god who created the sun which gives us light, who rouses the waves and rules the storm, though hidden in the clouds, he watches us. He sees all the white man does, the god of the white man inspires him with crime, but our god calls upon us to do good works. Our god who is good to us orders us to revenge our wrongs. He will direct our arms and aid us. Throw away the symbol of the god of the whites who has so often caused us to weep, and listen to the voice of liberty, which speaks in the hearts of us all.

Here's a documentary on the Haitian Revolution. It spans the life of Boukman, Louverture, and Dessalines

Growing up I always wondered why cacs were so adamant about the evils of practicing Voodoo.
Makes you wonder don't it
4M5SUNZ.png