Essential The Official African History Thread

Mac Brown

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-town
Like I said earlier, I was looking for some African sculptures and paintings and came across some dope ass ones. I already bought one piece, a replica of the Asante stool. Doesn't look exactly like this, but I don't feel like taking a picture. I think it's gonna be the centerpiece in my foyer :ehh:

9320e949f4b1bf856af5f5dc2c9f7ad9.jpg

I also found a spot that has prints of moorish princes and warriors looking swagged the fukk out :ohlawd:

98dd83cbd9517274631113510bfa2312.jpg
b2054690f377f7e25b82d21396f946d2.jpg

acfd4fadc79624a0add97ab5b57db0a6.jpg
11e936479efe3839f9730e9391a2c41a.jpg
62a2a376570a0ace30e846882cfd4301.jpg

Also found a place that has an autographed print of General Toussaint Louverture by Jacob Lawrence . shyt cost $12,000 :pachaha:

Gen_Toussaint_L'Ouverture.sm2.jpg

I'm just gonna cop a reprint for like $30 instead

I'm also gonna get a bronze bust made of Marcus Garvey, Askia the Great, and if I'm lucky, a replica of the Alabastron of Nubian Queen Neferukakashta.

I want my house to be as anti cac as possible :blessed:

THIS

IS

BEAUTIFUL BREH!!!!!!!!!!

:to::to::to::to:

:ohlawd::ohlawd::ohlawd::ohlawd:
:smugdraper::smugdraper::smugdraper::smugdraper::smugdraper::smugdraper::smugdraper:

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:stopitslime: Africans will tell you that they sold africans back in the days..know ya history..it's not some shyt that they white media made up..the white media doesn't even tell you about that in the first place..
course they do are you maddddd

this is the FIRST excuse they use to justify enslaving blacks

the amount of discussions I've had about the oppression of blacks and the FIRST thing everyone comes out with regardless of race is "Africans sold africans". EVERYONE says this

you must remember brother

THE VICTORS REWRITE THE HISTORY BOOKS

africans sold africans, but africans didnt build the ships to transport, sell slaves on the stock market.

THE WHITE MEDIA FABRICATED THIS shyt AND RAN WITH IT, UNLESS YOU'RE GONNA TELL ME YOU HAVE THE FIGURES...

Tumblr_lgflo4FwF21qa8kv4.gif

NO I DIDNT THINK SO

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Nubia_Painting01_full.jpg

Nubia

tumblr_lg6g1ekO091qgfbgio1_500.jpg

Ezana of Axum

tumblr_mgl6f5urkB1qgfbgio1_500.jpg

Tenkamenin of Ghana(sounds like a Pharoah don't it :patrice: I read that Ghana called their kings Feri's. maybe Ghana was a previous colony of Egypt :patrice:

His principles of democratic monarchy and religious tolerance make Tenkamenin’s reign one of the great models of African rule.

tumblr_lcxe5rGNh41qc9egw.jpg

Mansa Musa

Not sure how I missed this post yesterday, but props breh. I'm shocked I can actually find prints of some of these pictures

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I figured it was about time we had a thread focused on African history on the mother continent as well as all Africans in the diaspora. I'll be posting documentaries, pictures, articles, and anything else I can share. Hopefully this thread does numbers and gets stickied. I'll start with one of the greatest African Kings there was, Sonni Ali

Sonni Ali, King of the Songhay Empire

Dillon_AliBeer.jpg

• Original name was Ali Kolon
  • Known as Africa's first pan-africanist and wanted to unite all of Africa under one religion, language and economic system.
  • Ruler of the Songhay Empire (from 1464-1492), the largest African empire in history
  • At the empire's height it stretched from West Africa (modern day Sennegal) through Central Africa and stopped at the Sudan
  • Key cities of the empire were Timbuktu (world center of learning), Gao (the empire's capital), and Jenni (great commercial center of Islam).
  • Legend has it, has swag was on a hundred, thousand, trillion

Quotes about King Sonni Ali

Documentary about the libraries of Timbuktu, the section on Sonni Ali starts at 34:38

bumping your thread for you

happy new year

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I was just thinking of adding some new shyt too. Been avoiding it, but I think Ima do one on the OG flossing ass nikka Mansa Musa :ehh:

Kingdoms-Kush/Nubia/Punt/Mali Empire/Timbuktu/Axum/Zulu empire/ashanti/carthage/Egypt

Colonialism

Slavery and Abolitionist Movement

Civil War

Reconstruction Era

Jim Crow

Great Migration

Haitian Revolution

Maroon Colonies

Black Wall Street

Harlem Renaissance

Pan Africanism

Rastafarian Movement

The Civil Rights Movememtn

Anti-Apartheid Movement of South Africa

Motown

Black Power/Black Panther Movement

Mass Incarceration/War on Drugs/ Reaganomics...

^^^this is a tentative Black History syllabus I made for my 10 year old sister to teach her this year....

not sure to make this a final draft or not or add anything else in...any advice?

its already printed out(the list) but I saved it in case I needed to add more stuff....I could let her read that mansa musa book to make her interested...especially since he would be under the mali section under the "kingdoms" in the syllabus...

best to start early so she does not turn into my cousin from Florida who is more obsessed with Japanese culture than her own history....too long to get into that situation...if u interested PM me

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
I was just thinking of adding some new shyt too. Been avoiding it, but I think Ima do one on the OG flossing ass nikka Mansa Musa :ehh:

I bought and read a book on his trip to the mecca last week so I could know it in more detail... man if I was wealthy that's a television show I would fund :whew:

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I bought and read a book on his trip to the mecca last week so I could know it in more detail... man if I was wealthy that's a television show I would fund :whew:

imagine the hoes musa was bagging :ohlawd:

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Kingdoms-Kush/Nubia/Punt/Mali Empire/Timbuktu/Axum/Zulu empire/ashanti/carthage/Egypt

Colonialism

Slavery and Abolitionist Movement

Civil War

Reconstruction Era

Jim Crow

Great Migration

Haitian Revolution

Maroon Colonies

Black Wall Street

Harlem Renaissance

Pan Africanism

Rastafarian Movement

The Civil Rights Movememtn

Anti-Apartheid Movement of South Africa

Motown

Black Power/Black Panther Movement

Mass Incarceration/War on Drugs/ Reaganomics...

^^^this is a tentative Black History syllabus I made for my 10 year old sister to teach her this year....

not sure to make this a final draft or not or add anything else in...any advice?

its already printed out(the list) but I saved it in case I needed to add more stuff....I could let her read that mansa musa book to make her interested...especially since he would be under the mali section under the "kingdoms" in the syllabus...

best to start early so she does not turn into my cousin from Florida who is more obsessed with Japanese culture than her own history....too long to get into that situation...if u interested PM me

Other than throwing in a chapter about the gawd Nasir Jones :ahh: I think you got all the major points covered.

Might wanna throw the Moors in there too so she realize Europe got their whole style from us :jawalrus:

When I was doing my research on the moors though one thing I noticed was there wasn't a single castle in Europe built prior to 711 AD. All of them castles in Europe belong to use breh :blessed:

Here's a book about the boy Mansa Musa though. For 10-14 years old

mansamusa.jpg

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan

Breh, you ain't the only one. That shyt would be so fukking piff :ohlawd:

Breh: Yo Mansa, my son need a hunna racks to marry his fiance. I know that's a lot of bread, but can you help :sadcam:
Musa: :childplease: A hunnid? nikka take this 2 million and keep it moving :jawalrus:
Breh: :krs:
Musa: I been had money brrrrrrrrrrrr :birdman: