The Official 2024 Paris Summer Olympics Thread (from July 26 - August 11) - Closing Ceremony replay at 7pm EST

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Jordan isn’t a gold medal contender and might not have made the team had Shilese, Skye and Konnor been healthy. She’s great at floor but just a solid performer elsewhere, not great

Nah that's Bullshyt. She finished 4th in qualifying for the all-around out of EVERY gymnast that was at the Olympics... Did you not watch the qualifying round?

If you are finishing 4th and the only gymnasts ahead of you are Simone, Andrade and Suni.... who was only like a 1/10th of a point ahead of Jordan... you are a contender.. Jordan could have easily been ahead of Suni

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
UK’s Daryll Neita is beautiful. :noah:

tenor.gif

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Also.... one more thing... to further prove my point. Jordan Chiles competed in ALL FOUR events for the team competition while Suni Lee competed in three events..

Why? Because like it or not... Jordan Chiles is arguably a better all around performer right now than Suni Lee and I like Suni a lot.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets

:usure:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Nah that's Bullshyt. She finished 4th in qualifying for the all-around out of EVERY gymnast that was at the Olympics... Did you not watch the qualifying round?

If you are finishing 4th and the only gymnasts ahead of you are Simone, Andrade and Suni.... who was only like a 1/10th of a point ahead of Jordan... you are a contender.. Jordan could have easily been ahead of Suni
Because the US is that far ahead, but she wouldn’t have been the favorite to be a gold medal contender ahead of any of those 3. and being ahead of suni wouldve been an abberation, suni was the defending gold medalist for the all around and I remember her messing up on one of the apparatuses in the quals

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Is anyone else still upset that we didn't put big Syd on the mixed relay?

That lil 19 year old girl can go back home, Sydney aint getting run down by no one.

Its the Olympics, a gold is a gold, fukk all that politickin, Bring in the real big stepper :demonic:

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
no, she ain’t want to be on it so deal with it. The Olympics needs to move that participation trophy ass event to the last day and you might see some stars willing to run it.

I'll agree that they need to completely restructure the event structure for track and field. No logic in how they are currently doing it.

But as i said before, a gold is a gold. I can't tell you every single event that Michael Phelps or Simone Biles won gold in throughout their careers, but I can tell you the number. We have faster athletes than what we put out there.

We treated that event the same we are treating 3v3 basketball

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Jordan Chiles deserved it. She's been the unsung hero of the team. In a lot of years, she'd be a gold medal contender and she got screwed out of competing in the all-around final because they only take two women from a single nation and Jordan was actually 4th in qualifying out of every gymnast there.
I was rooting for her, she's easy to root for. But nah, the 17 year old Romanian girl legit should have been in 2nd place (ahead of Simon even).

I don't understand why they didn't challenge the deduction. That was incompetence on her coaches end.

Jordan's routine wasn't better than hers

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
I'll agree that they need to completely restructure the event structure for track and field. No logic in how they are currently doing it.

But as i said before, a gold is a gold. I can't tell you every single event that Michael Phelps or Simone Biles won gold in throughout their careers, but I can tell you the number. We have faster athletes than what we put out there.

We treated that event the same we are treating 3v3 basketball
Lebron, Steph and KD shouldve entered in that shyt :wow: We have a late entry! :lolbron: