The Official 2024 Paris Summer Olympics Thread (from July 26 - August 11) - Closing Ceremony replay at 7pm EST

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
:dame: but still :mjlol: that it caused him to lose
453997777_473072745712726_5561160427500608604_n.jpg

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
I guess I need to learn the rules about what country you can play for because the gold medal winner in pole vault was born in Louisiana, raised and went to school in the USA but participates for Sweden only because his Mom is from there? :patrice:
He probably couldnt compete against the US pole vaulters, so went the path of least resistance

Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Black and not crackin’
Supporter
Daps
Given the news that came out, I'd say she's been mature in the wake of this fukkery. Getting turned away at the gate was nasty work. And you know she would have been asked about it and had she used that as an excuse people would be all over it.

You can look at this as her giving the Gold Metalist all the spotlight because we know she was tight about how they did her
No. This just makes her look immature and as fake as those trash ass nails. I would’ve respected her coming to the presser saying “congrats to the winner. Considering the factors against us today, I’m proud I’ve achieved this silver. Remember, next time I won’t be back, I’ll be better”. But go ahead and defend poor loser behavior, tho…

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
No. This just makes her look immature and as fake as those trash ass nails. I would’ve respected her coming to the presser saying “congrats to the winner. Considering the factors against us today, I’m proud I’ve achieved this silver. Remember, next time I won’t be back, I’ll be better”. But go ahead and defend poor loser behavior, tho…
Wow…what an important soundbite we would’ve missed out on if she would’ve shown up and said that :beli:

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Another gold for a Texas longhorn we might as well become our own country

America feeding the hungry out here. :wow:
America just won another gold with the women’s surfing. Tied with China once again.
I looked it up to compare how many medals we won last Olympics through the same amount of days. And we are about even give or take a couple medals

China is WAY down. Through this time last Olympics they are way ahead of us before we closed out strong. Now they are about 10 gold medals behind their mark in 2021

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Brutal. Especially when it seems like USA wins everything anyways

Jordan Chiles deserved it. She's been the unsung hero of the team. In a lot of years, she'd be a gold medal contender and she got screwed out of competing in the all-around final because they only take two women from a single nation and Jordan was actually 4th in qualifying out of every gymnast there.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Jordan Chiles deserved it. She's been the unsung hero of the team. In a lot of years, she'd be a gold medal contender and she got screwed out of competing in the all-around final because they only take two women from a single nation and Jordan was actually 4th in qualifying out of every gymnast there.
Jordan isn’t a gold medal contender and might not have made the team had Shilese, Skye and Konnor been healthy. She’s great at floor but just a solid performer elsewhere, not great