The Official 2024 Paris Summer Olympics Thread (from July 26 - August 11) - Closing Ceremony replay at 7pm EST

mag357

Superstar
Daps
Gabby jogged a 21.86 also she beat Alfred just a 2 weeks ago in a come from behind win
Gabby didn't jog that. I think she was battling with DAS and blew her away

And she came from behind to beat Alfred in a close finish. Alfred definitely didn't finish well.
And that time was 21.81

Edit: just watched it again :ehh:
She ain't jog that but definitely took some off that last 20m or so.

She definitely might get in the 21.7s.
That means she would blow the field away, and I just cant see that

Last edited:

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
Gabby didn't jog that. I think she was battling with DAS and blew her away

And she came from behind to beat Alfred in a close finish. Alfred definitely didn't finish well.
And that time was 21.81

Edit: just watched it again :ehh:
She ain't jog that but definitely took some off that last 20m or so.

She definitely might get in the 21.7s.
That means she would blow the field away, and I just cant see that
She did jog at the end she started shutting it down nvm I see you edit I think she can definitely get to 21.7 maybe better if she runs her race I think Alfred will run well probably set a PB tbh shes in great form. Also I think McKenzie Long and Brittany brown might shock some people and get on the podium the dream is to go 123 tho it seems unlikely lol

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
Track is one of the few equalizers in this world. Currently, Kenya is no. 2 in the world, St. Lucia (population 178,696) and Uganda are in the top 10. Honorary mentions to the perennial Jamaicans and Ethiopians. Props to all of them.
I wish America took track more seriously it’s insane what these athletes go through

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I'm old so i remember the magnificent 7 i think they were called. And when shrug with the ankle still landed and won us gold
That was in 96 right? the white girl with the short hair? I was barely a preteen but her sticking that landing is probably the most iconic US gymnastics sequence ever.

Like, it's funny how with the passage of time few remember them other mf'ers on the team yet even 30 years later most still know that one person or that one clip. Even with the fab 5, it's been only 12 years but i can only name 3 of them without Google.

Whereas 30 years from now, Simone will still be remembered with hype clips of her greatest hits in the intro of every future Olympic broadcast.

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Spain vs France football sounds like another european classic in the making. :ehh:
It will probably end up with 1-0 :martin: