The Official 2024 NBA Draft Talk Thread

Hersh

Superstar
Daps

just for fun...

can the spurs theoretically trade for the 1st and trey ? obviously around the 4th and whatever else the hawks want besides wemba?

pg. trey
sg. 3 d
sf. 3 d
pf. sarr
c. wenba

Daps

Paolo tried to do the same shyt with Orlando allegedly; we all saw how that turned out for both parties in the end. Teams not buying this shyt nowadays, most definitely not desperate win-now ones like the Hawks who are only in position to draft this high by a stroke of luck to begin with. Zero percent chance the Spurs are trading all the way up to #1 either. No GM with half a brain is throwing away significant assets to try and forcibly gaslight themselves into thinking the 7'4, 8'whatever wingspan unicorn is playing anything but center long-term. Mayyybe if Minny won it all they coulda fooled themselves into drinking that koolaid, but now? No way in hell after Tin Man and Gogurt got danced around and made fools of going home in 5 the way they did. :francis:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My god.
So it seems the word on Castle is true.

He's basically a backup guard.
I just think the Spurs would be wasting a pick on him. The ceiling is too low.
@lightskin jermaine

Maybe I'm too harsh on Castle.
I'm trying to be fair. Perhaps the best way to put it is...Castle wouldn't normally be a Top 5 prospect in most drafts.

And typically you'd want a player that would be a franchise-changing talent when you're picking that high.

That said, within the context of this draft, maybe Castle doesn't need to be a superstar. Maybe he just needs to be a reliable defender, be competent at the pick and roll....and you defer to Vassell and Wemby to carry the offense.

It doesn't excite me. But it's possibly a recipe for winning.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
@lightskin jermaine

Maybe I'm too harsh on Castle.
I'm trying to be fair. Perhaps the best way to put it is...Castle wouldn't normally be a Top 5 prospect in most drafts.

And typically you'd want a player that would be a franchise-changing talent when you're picking that high.

That said, within the context of this draft, maybe Castle doesn't need to be a superstar. Maybe he just needs to be a reliable defender, be competent at the pick and roll....and you defer to Vassell and Wemby to carry the offense.

It doesn't excite me. But it's possibly a recipe for winning.

His comp IMO is Marcus Smart.

He will be a good defender and secondary ball handler. But he isn't getting guys with a first step like SGA at similar height / weight. And the shooting needs work. I don't see how he plays PG full-time starting off.

But he's got intangibles and competes so he will be in the league a long time, health permitting.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
His comp IMO is Marcus Smart.

He will be a good defender and secondary ball handler. But he isn't getting guys with a first step like SGA at similar height / weight. And the shooting needs work. I don't see how he plays PG full-time starting off.

But he's got intangibles and competes so he will be in the league a long time, health permitting.
he's closer to dahntay jones than smart. smart was a legit scorer that molded his game after the fact. castle is literally delusional from the beginning

iamduval

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t understand why a team would take reed sheppard over Buzelis or Castle

I’m an upside guy. Reed is nice but can he be your starting pg or starting 2? Seems like it would have to be the perfect situation