The draft is next week.
June 26.

Still don't have a clue what SpursFamily is going to do

:sadcam:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Can't imagine Houston takes him. Sengun established himself as their franchise player going forward. I think Houston is locked into taking Shepperd. Fred is just a stop gap at point guard for them so they can ease him in over time. Plus they already have a lot of wings and tweener forward types to surround him with defensively.

As a Spurs fan, I would ideally want Clingan to go 1 or 2, which means either Sarr or Risacher is there for them at 4, and if they have one more 4 leaf clover left they can scoop Dilli up at 8. Then they really just need to blow picks and money at the small forward position going forward.

Problem won't happen though and they take Castle at 4 and I have no fukking clue who they take at 8, hopefully Dilli
Nah I think I'm cooling in Dillingham.
Small, defensive liability. Doesn't have the length (pause) that Dejounte had.

There is way more risk than reward with Dilli

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio

Whoever it is needs to be able to score the basketball. Don't need Wemby getting triple-teamed every time down the court just for a brick to be thrown up.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW

I don't think there is any risk. I don't care that he is a bad defender. There are very few point guards in the league that aren't. Point guards don't make their money to be good at defense. They make their money to be dynamic in the pick and roll. And there isn't a point guard in this draft who is even close to Dillingham when it comes to creating his own shot and creating shots for others. And there is no way he is worse on defense than Branhim:pachaha:

I don't care about how long ( no homo) a point guard is either. Scoot has a 6 "9" wingspan...and he doesn't do anything with it but shoot bricks on his way to one of the most inefficient shooting seasons by rookie ever.

Spurs aren't going anywhere or doing anything until they get a point guard that makes the other team say "you know, maybe we have to do something else on the pick and roll other than triple team Victor." I'd rather just use a draft pick to get that guard, than do some shyt like pay Darius Garland 35 to 44 million a year...to play exactly like Dillingham well.

I think there is a bigger red flag with Castle. He don't develop a jumper then we going to end up spending a top 10 pick on the next Matisse Thybulle

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't think there is any risk. I don't care that he is a bad defender. There are very few point guards in the league that aren't. Point guards don't make their money to be good at defense. They make their money to be dynamic in the pick and roll. And there isn't a point guard in this draft who is even close to Dillingham when it comes to creating his own shot and creating shots for others. And there is no way he is worse on defense than Branhim:pachaha:

I don't care about how long ( no homo) a point guard is either. Scoot has a 6 "9" wingspan...and he doesn't do anything with it but shoot bricks on his way to one of the most inefficient shooting seasons by rookie ever.

Spurs aren't going anywhere or doing anything until they get a point guard that makes the other team say "you know, maybe we have to do something else on the pick and roll other than triple team Victor." I'd rather just use a draft pick to get that guard, than do some shyt like pay Darius Garland 35 to 44 million a year...to play exactly like Dillingham well.

I think there is a bigger red flag with Castle. He don't develop a jumper then we going to end up spending a top 10 pick on the next Matisse Thybulle
Breh.

I just saw the Mavs defense implode because Luka was a goddamn turnstile.

A bad PG at the perimeter is going to mean defenders have to shade over to help...and that's gonna open a lot of cuts to the basket or corner threes.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Apparently Spurs brought in Devon Carter and Castle for a joint workout.
Don't sleep on Carter. He reminds me a lot of IQ but has upside to be a better defender.

Flipside with 4 & 8 maybe the Spurs want to see how the two of them work together.

:patrice:
Imagine 5 years from now….

Carter
Castle
Vassel
Sochan
Wemby

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
Castle /Knecht

or Buzelis/Carter

the latter actually seems more realistic only because Portland can draft Knecht at 7, but they prefer the first pair.

Don't sleep on Carter. He reminds me a lot of IQ but has upside to be a better defender.

Flipside with 4 & 8 maybe the Spurs want to see how the two of them work together.

:patrice:
Imagine 5 years from now….

Carter
Castle
Vassel
Sochan
Wemby
I like Carter and would not be mad if they took him at 8 if they get a wing with the 4th.

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
Breh.

I just saw the Mavs defense implode because Luka was a goddamn turnstile.

A bad PG at the perimeter is going to mean defenders have to shade over to help...and that's gonna open a lot of cuts to the basket or corner threes.

Between Wemby, Sochan and Vassell (who allegedly got drafted over Haliburton for defensive purposes), that should be enough defense on the court. If Duncan could survive with Parker running point, I think Wemby will be alright. Defense can be taught, but without Chip I don't trust SA to teach anyone to shoot. If the Spurs just flipped 4 and 8 for Dejounte, we'd have the best of both worlds.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
fixed my mock draft based on Monk re-upping. Now I got Ware going 13 to Sacramento, Missi to Portland at 14 and so on.

I'm fighting the urge to move Ware up to 11. I still think they draft a guard, but the Kings are out of the combo guard business now.