The Official 2024 NBA Draft Talk Thread

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
there aren't glaring issues with reed like the other guys. and tbh... the more you look at reed's numbers the harder it is to justify skipping on him.

if kentucky didn't crash out in the ncaa tournament, then there's no question he's top 3 minimum

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
@lightskin jermaine

Maybe I'm too harsh on Castle.
I'm trying to be fair. Perhaps the best way to put it is...Castle wouldn't normally be a Top 5 prospect in most drafts.

And typically you'd want a player that would be a franchise-changing talent when you're picking that high.

That said, within the context of this draft, maybe Castle doesn't need to be a superstar. Maybe he just needs to be a reliable defender, be competent at the pick and roll....and you defer to Vassell and Wemby to carry the offense.

It doesn't excite me. But it's possibly a recipe for winning.
Nah those are fair criticisms. None of the players in this draft would have been a top 5 pick last year. Most of the lottery picks are highly flawed and you have to look at what areas they are good at and if your development department can work on the areas they struggle in. I like Castle and feel the Spurs do to because of his defense. I'm sure they also like Reed for his shooting but his defense is questionable. A lot of red flags with these guys and I wouldn't be mad if they moved up to pick Risacher or moved back to get Devon Carter.

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
I don’t understand why a team would take reed sheppard over Buzelis or Castle

I’m an upside guy. Reed is nice but can he be your starting pg or starting 2? Seems like it would have to be the perfect situation

He’s calculator ball personified.

Yes no doubt he can shoot but at 6’3 if he can’t run the point and/or create off the dribble how valuable is he ?

His defensive metrics are cool but if he was getting cooked on D at times in SEC play how is he going to hold up in the pros guarding the 2?

It would have be the perfect situation like you said but if you have a big PG like Cade why would you want to give your advantage up at that position to accommodate a guy like Reed who doesn’t project as anything special.

Like what makes him 7-8 spots better than Devin Carter and/or 15 spots better than Bub Carrington ?

Like you said I’m with upside too..If Castle or Buzelis figure their shot out they’re going to be far more valuable,If Cody Williams fills out and his shot is real…he’s more valuable.

I don’t get it .

This is like when people were doing the calculator ball shyt with Jabari Smith saying he was going to be 6’10 Klay Thompson …

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
:krs: i just realized round 1 of the Draft is on WEDNESDAY and round 2 on THURSDAY.

thought they were doing the new format on Thu and Fri, since the main event was always on a Thu in the past.

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
5 years from now the best player in this draft is prolly gonna be somebody taken in the 2nd round that completely flew under the radar lol

So I'm honestly more interested in the 2nd round of this draft than the 1st round

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP

Smokescreen intended to force the Knicks to trade up for him.

I can't see Dunn going 20 or 21 because they have better options.

Phoenix at 22 needs PG or more bigs.

Milwaukee at 23 maybe, but even they're kinda set on young wings, they just have to use them.

Knicks are sitting pretty at 24.

Now, If Phoenix can get 24+38 for 22 and get their guy AND maybe get Bronny, works for everyone.

Givony on The Hoop Collective said Memphis wants to move up for Clingan, could take Edey at 9 if they can't and bandied about Smart +9 for #3.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Smokescreen intended to force the Knicks to trade up for him.

I can't see Dunn going 20 or 21 because they have better options.

Phoenix at 22 needs PG or more bigs.

Milwaukee at 23 maybe, but even they're kinda set on young wings, they just have to use them.

Knicks are sitting pretty at 24.

Now, If Phoenix can get 24+38 for 22 and get their guy AND maybe get Bronny, works for everyone.

Givony on The Hoop Collective said Memphis wants to move up for Clingan, could take Edey at 9 if they can't and bandied about Smart +9 for #3.

Chicago like Dunn too. If they don't like how the board falls at 11 they could be a team that looks to move back some to get a guy like Dunn