The Official 2024 NBA Draft Talk Thread

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm trashing y'all if y'all take him.

:hubie:

The knock on Dunn is his offensive game, particularly his shooting. He made only 12 of 51 3-pointers in his two seasons at Virginia and must prove he can be a consistent outside shooter to morph into a two-way threat.

“He’s a sharp cutter and offensive rebounder, but that’s it,” Vecenie wrote. “If a team thinks they can figure out their spacing around him, I would go for it.”
If Dunn had a proven perimeter stroke, he’d be a no-brainer top-10 pick. But the Bulls, sitting just outside the top 10, are in a prime position to pluck the top defender.

Chicago has built adequate infrastructure to transform a prospect like Dunn into a more well-rounded player. The Bulls hired respected shooting coach Peter Patton as their director of player development last summer. He’s already been credited with the improved shooting of Bulls players such as Dosunmu, Dalen Terry and Julian Phillips.

The Bulls, as they did with Patrick Williams in 2020, could take a slightly early swing on a player with obvious strengths. Or, if the Bulls get creative, a path exists to trade back and snag a player like Dunn slightly later in the first round while collecting additional assets from the team looking to move up.
Much of next week’s decision for the Bulls will depend on how the board shakes out in front of them. Dunn is an intriguing option who fits a need and will almost certainly be on the board at 11. At 21 years old, Dunn is ready to step in and supply quality defense from opening night.

But he naturally won’t be viewed as having the same upside as Holland, who is three weeks shy of his 19th birthday. But how long are the win-now Bulls willing to wait for another teenager to develop?

Chicago’s current roster and recent history of player acquisitions suggest the Bulls will be in the market for versatility. In addition to drafting Williams in 2020, Terry in 2022 and Phillips in 2023, the Bulls also have signed multifaceted forwards in free agency such as Derrick Jones Jr. and Torrey Craig.

There’s a good chance the Bulls met their next rangy wing in Monday’s workout.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
there aren't glaring issues with reed like the other guys. and tbh... the more you look at reed's numbers the harder it is to justify skipping on him.

if kentucky didn't crash out in the ncaa tournament, then there's no question he's top 3 minimum

The obvious one is his size and lack of defense.But in this draft with the ceilings being so low and him being the best shooter available over the last 3-4 drafts i think someone will over look that in the top 6....

Last edited:

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
@lightskin jermaine

Maybe I'm too harsh on Castle.
I'm trying to be fair. Perhaps the best way to put it is...Castle wouldn't normally be a Top 5 prospect in most drafts.

And typically you'd want a player that would be a franchise-changing talent when you're picking that high.

That said, within the context of this draft, maybe Castle doesn't need to be a superstar. Maybe he just needs to be a reliable defender, be competent at the pick and roll....and you defer to Vassell and Wemby to carry the offense.

It doesn't excite me. But it's possibly a recipe for winning.

Hes projected to be a 3 & D player but he shot 27 % from 3 last year i wouldnt touch him in the top 8 but thats me...I dont think theres enough upside to justify taking him.I think this draft is similar to 2013 wheres theres not really a consensus order in the top 5 and the best players taken will be in the mid lottery 12-18 ( Carter,Dillingham,Ware,McCain)

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

The knock on Dunn is his offensive game, particularly his shooting. He made only 12 of 51 3-pointers in his two seasons at Virginia and must prove he can be a consistent outside shooter to morph into a two-way threat.

“He’s a sharp cutter and offensive rebounder, but that’s it,” Vecenie wrote. “If a team thinks they can figure out their spacing around him, I would go for it.”
If Dunn had a proven perimeter stroke, he’d be a no-brainer top-10 pick. But the Bulls, sitting just outside the top 10, are in a prime position to pluck the top defender.

Chicago has built adequate infrastructure to transform a prospect like Dunn into a more well-rounded player. The Bulls hired respected shooting coach Peter Patton as their director of player development last summer. He’s already been credited with the improved shooting of Bulls players such as Dosunmu, Dalen Terry and Julian Phillips.

The Bulls, as they did with Patrick Williams in 2020, could take a slightly early swing on a player with obvious strengths. Or, if the Bulls get creative, a path exists to trade back and snag a player like Dunn slightly later in the first round while collecting additional assets from the team looking to move up.
Much of next week’s decision for the Bulls will depend on how the board shakes out in front of them. Dunn is an intriguing option who fits a need and will almost certainly be on the board at 11. At 21 years old, Dunn is ready to step in and supply quality defense from opening night.

But he naturally won’t be viewed as having the same upside as Holland, who is three weeks shy of his 19th birthday. But how long are the win-now Bulls willing to wait for another teenager to develop?

Chicago’s current roster and recent history of player acquisitions suggest the Bulls will be in the market for versatility. In addition to drafting Williams in 2020, Terry in 2022 and Phillips in 2023, the Bulls also have signed multifaceted forwards in free agency such as Derrick Jones Jr. and Torrey Craig.

Dunn is even worse than Thybulle offensively

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL

That championship aura is doing wonders for Kuzma rep around the league because I watched him plenty as a wizards and he is not that impactful and isn’t even a great vet. Whoever his agency and publicist team is have earned every penny.

Put it like this, there are plenty of players I would trade Dillon brooks for but Kuzma isn’t one of them :francis:

Sacramento went the wrong wizard. They needs to be inquiring about Deni Avdija

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL

So does this mean yall ready to move on from Ball?

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
That championship aura is doing wonders for Kuzma rep around the league because I watched him plenty as a wizards and he is not that impactful and isn’t even a great vet. Whoever his agency and publicist team is have earned every penny.

Put it like this, there are plenty of players I would trade Dillon brooks for but Kuzma isn’t one of them :francis:

Sacramento went the wrong wizard. They needs to be inquiring about Deni Avdija

Speaking of Avdija

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
I’m noticing many mocks project Clingan to go somewhere that eventually leads him to Memphis (including me). The Athletic thinks Memphis trades up to 5. I think Memphis comes up to 3. Clingan isn’t falling past 7