The Official 2024 MLB Season Thread

Trips

Superstar
Daps
MLB officially recognizing negro league stats!

:salute:

Going to college and living outside of KC for several years. Got a chance to meet Buck O'Neil quite a few times. He told some great stories. And then some of my grandma's neighbors just loved baseball and because they knew I played would chat me up for hours about their favorite memories of the Negro Leagues and players. I know a certain demo is going to be hating all over this because of the "purity" of the game and whatever. But you can't really tell the story of high level baseball in America without recognizing them, their contributions, and their STATS.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
Ohtani slashing 336/441/621 with a 1024 ops & 13 hrs 2 months into the season Yamamoto been solid :what:

Get your gay ass out this thread :mjlol:
Those numbers a fugazi u twat. He rarely is clutch. And Yamamoto making 300mil. He was supposed to be prime Pedro. LOL at solid. Go play in traffic. Skank

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Approaching June 1,

The AL East is clearly a battle between Baltimore and New York.
The Yankees probably win the division. In my opinion though, Baltimore feels like the more balanced team. The major concern with NY is that their offense is extremely top heavy. Soto and Judge are far better than anyone on the Orioles, but the drop off is much greater. If one of those guys is hurt or hits a slump in the playoffs, New York will have a hard time scoring runs. Maybe this is offset a little bit if Jasson Dominguez proves better than anticipated. Or if by some miracle Gleyber Torres rediscovers his 2023 form.

Pitching also favors the Yankees, though you don't know how Gerrit Cole will hold up. There is also the issue of managing Luis Gil's workload.
I could see Baltimore buying at the trade deadline, looking for bullpen help to shorten games in October. I don't think they'd look at starting pitching because it's unlikely a big name will be available. Long shot would be if the Braves collapse and put Max Fried out there. I'd imagine a Baltimore would be all over a left handed SP for the playoff push.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Approaching June 1,

The AL East is clearly a battle between Baltimore and New York.
The Yankees probably win the division. In my opinion though, Baltimore feels like the more balanced team. The major concern with NY is that their offense is extremely top heavy. Soto and Judge are far better than anyone on the Orioles, but the drop off is much greater. If one of those guys is hurt or hits a slump in the playoffs, New York will have a hard time scoring runs. Maybe this is offset a little bit if Jasson Dominguez proves better than anticipated. Or if by some miracle Gleyber Torres rediscovers his 2023 form.

Pitching also favors the Yankees, though you don't know how Gerrit Cole will hold up. There is also the issue of managing Luis Gil's workload.
I could see Baltimore buying at the trade deadline, looking for bullpen help to shorten games in October. I don't think they'd look at starting pitching because it's unlikely a big name will be available. Long shot would be if the Braves collapse and put Max Fried out there. I'd imagine a Baltimore would be all over a left handed SP for the playoff push.

you give that Martian the respect he deserves!

He's gonna be hitting in between Soto and Judge and it's gonna be beautiful

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Skenes has so much movement on his pitches. Nothing finishes where it starts. Some drift out, some drift in and others just sink. I don't know how anybody squares him up.

Trips

Superstar
Daps
Skenes has so much movement on his pitches. Nothing finishes where it starts. Some drift out, some drift in and others just sink. I don't know how anybody squares him up.
Peacock has the documentary "Fastball". I watched it the other night they really went deep on movement, and the physics of how velocity impacts how the pitch looks moves etc. Was a great watch. Also it came out after Chapman had his 105.1 pitch. But, they did adjustments for technology on previously thought fastest pitches were with modern science. Holy shyt Nolan Ryan.

Also it came out 5 years before Bob Gibson passed and that man looked like he could have come off his couch and put in some innings.