The Official 2024 MLB Season Thread

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I kinda regret not commenting on here about Matt Vierling after seeing his bat tracking metrics a week or two ago.

It looks like he's gotten hot.

Doubtful it lasts but he's somewhat of a sleeper

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Giants and Padres both 6.5 games behind the Dodgers.

Neither will catch LA, but the Padres should win more games than the Giants.

WaveMolecules

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
I been telling Mets fans they shouldn't expect to be good for at least 3-4 years now...despite all their spending.

And every time I do, they ignore my posts.
And when it's proven true, and I quote my old comments or up my old threads, they all go "we knew it all along. You want a cookie?"

Yeah. Yeah I do want a cookie.

It'll go great with this cold glass of milk I'm enjoying...watching you losers begin the season with outrageous hope and high expectations...only for reality to slap you in your fukkin face. You're like the Dallas Cowboys of MLB.

:ahh:
Who the fukk had high expectations for this Mets team? :skip:

Lifelong Mets fan here from queens and I don’t know a single Mets fan in real life that thought we were gonna be good this year.

Having said that, trade everyone. :manny:
We can suck but to suck and be delusional is where I cross the line :skip:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Who the fukk had high expectations for this Mets team? :skip:

Lifelong Mets fan here from queens and I don’t know a single Mets fan in real life that thought we were gonna be good this year.

Having said that, trade everyone. :manny:
We can suck but to suck and be delusional is where I cross the line :skip:
I think Mets fans realistically thought they'd be meh, but I think reality is setting in that Cohen isn't gonna do what Mets fans dreamt he'd do which is spent recklessly and not care. They wanted a limitless budget for real. They don't like this Stearns shyt where he's rebuilding the system and being pragmatic, The delusional Met fan is like any delusional New Yorker: they think they don't have time for this shyt and they're above rebuilds, like having bottomless pockets is supposed to be the ultimate rebuild prevention tool.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think Mets fans realistically thought they'd be meh, but I think reality is setting in that Cohen isn't gonna do what Mets fans dreamt he'd do which is spent recklessly and not care. They wanted a limitless budget for real. They don't like this Stearns shyt where he's rebuilding the system and being pragmatic, The delusional Met fan is like any delusional New Yorker: they think they don't have time for this shyt and they're above rebuilds, like having bottomless pockets is supposed to be the ultimate rebuild prevention tool.
Cohen spent a lot of money already.
He spent it poorly.

Money isn't the Mets problem.
They are fundamentally a bad organization.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
They wanted a limitless budget for real. They don't like this Stearns shyt where he's rebuilding the system and being pragmatic, The delusional Met fan is like any delusional New Yorker: they think they don't have time for this shyt and they're above rebuilds, like having bottomless pockets is supposed to be the ultimate rebuild prevention tool.
I'm sure there's some Met fans that think like this.. but the majority don't. They understand after this year is when the checks get cut. After the Verlander/Scherzer/Alonso contracts fall off. That's 110 million opening up there.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Watched a full Dodgers game for the first time in a month.

Roberts treating this season like extended spring training.

The expanded playoffs have killed some of the urgency and magic of the playoff race.

Winning 100 games and the division has been rendered pointless.

I mean Phillies and Yankees are off to a roaring start, but it won’t matter because they’ll most likely get a bye and lose to an 83 win team that barely made the last wild card.

Hopefully something interesting happens. WNBA more interesting than this MLB season
I spoke to someone about this recently, I've always had the feeling that it's better to be a 88-95 win wild card team that's hot at the right time going into the playoffs. I'm not sure what 100 wins does for a team anymore.

:manny:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

Another dominant start tonight. I liked the signing and he's rejuvenated his career in Detroit. Wonder what kinda payday he'll get this winter. He's still only 28.