The Official 2024 MLB Season Thread

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Man, Harold Baines getting into the HOF really tainted the damn thing. And this is nothing against Baines the person, but he simply shouldn't be in.
Then they have the audacity to keep out Keith Hernandez, Don Mattingly, and Bernie Williams who were 10 times the player Baines was. Smh.
I remember when Mazeroski went in, they went on for weeks about "defense gets you into the Hall" and then leave out Keith Hernandez.
Bunch of bullsh*t.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man, Harold Baines getting into the HOF really tainted the damn thing. And this is nothing against Baines the person, but he simply shouldn't be in.
Then they have the audacity to keep out Keith Hernandez, Don Mattingly, and Bernie Williams who were 10 times the player Baines was. Smh.
I remember when Mazeroski went in, they went on for weeks about "defense gets you into the Hall" and then leave out Keith Hernandez.
Bunch of bullsh*t.
Yeah Keith Hernandez has a solid case.
A great defender. Won an MVP.
From 1979-1986 (8 seasons) he had a damn good stretch.

Voters and fans tend to marginalize players who don't hit a lot of HR.

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
This ump oThis ump on some angel Hernandez shyt

He called a high ass curve ball by rowdy tellez that landed 6 inches above the zone a strike

@RickyDiBiase good game
Ik67Fta.png

:martin: Can’t wait til they get the automated system together

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The shocking thing for me isn't the records.

The shocking thing for me is...there was a high school decathlon?

:what:

I guess my NY school was too low level for that shyt.
:mjlol:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

What catches my eye is...

Atlanta, even without Acuña should have been better. Things just haven't landed their way.

The Astros are probably surging because that BAA is normalizing.

The Yankees and Dodgers seem to have a similar philosophy, although the Dodgers are probably executing it better from a roster construction standpoint.

Oakland having all those 100 mph pitches is just showing how amazing Mason Miller is, LOL.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
What catches my eye is...

Atlanta, even without Acuña should have been better. Things just haven't landed their way.

The Astros are probably surging because that BAA is normalizing.

The Yankees and Dodgers seem to have a similar philosophy, although the Dodgers are probably executing it better from a roster construction standpoint.

Oakland having all those 100 mph pitches is just showing how amazing Mason Miller is, LOL.
You’ll be hard pressed to find a team that stresses roster construction (or drafts as well) as the Dodgers which is why they don’t bother retaining mediocre talent (I’m looking at you NYY :ufdup: )
Who is even left from that 2017 WS roster not named Kershaw :heh:

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
cubs catcher Miguel Amaya was hitting .182 thru june .got benched for 3-4 games, one of the assistant hitting coaches hit up Nelson Cruz for some advice.he said stop the leg kick it’s f’n up his timing. So now Amaya does a toe tap/slide and been slashing 352/.398/.593/177 wRC+, 5.9% BB, 11.9% K ever since :wow:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
cubs catcher Miguel Amaya was hitting .182 thru june .got benched for 3-4 games, one of the assistant hitting coaches hit up Nelson Cruz for some advice.he said stop the leg kick it’s f’n up his timing. So now Amaya does a toe tap/slide and been slashing 352/.398/.593/177 wRC+, 5.9% BB, 11.9% K ever since :wow:
LOL

I hate these high ass leg kicks. The Angels can't seem to figure out why Zach Neto isn't living up to his minor league promise.
Maybe it's that stupid ass leg kick he has that's getting exploited by major league pitching.

Although to be fair he's hitting a lot better in the 2nd half.

TrillaMonsoon

Fun God
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nation Of Fun
LOL

I hate these high ass leg kicks. The Angels can't seem to figure out why Zach Neto isn't living up to his minor league promise.
Maybe it's that stupid ass leg kick he has that's getting exploited by major league pitching.

Although to be fair he's hitting a lot better in the 2nd half.

Trevor May did a little breakdown on Netos leg kick and how pitchers have exploited it since it's such a timing mechanism that it's pretty easy to throw off. I know his two strike swing doesn't use a big leg kick so he at least has some understanding of his swing. But I at the velocities these dudes throw at, I just don't think you can get away with that. But like you said, he's been hitting pretty well the last few months and the Angels need some positivity.

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps
The overall league is so ass the Tigers are only 6 GB of the final WC spot.

I'm loving what I see from the Tigers. Our record could be better. Think about it.

1. We've missed Carpenter for 2 months with a back injury. He probably has 30 HR by now

2. Greene missed almost a month after the all star break. Greene and Carpenter have been on fire since their return. That’s alot of production

3. Keith is a professional hitter who stunk the first month and a half but figured it out. He was worth the contract

4. Starting pitching has been injured that we've been using bullpen arms for almost a month and staying afloat

5. Baez well he sucks but now that he's done Sweeney has been playing decent.

The fun thing is that everyone is young. Harris needs to lock up Greene and Carpenter ASAP this offseason